Windows 10: Microsoft Word Insertion Point Problems when Starting from File Explorer

Discus and support Microsoft Word Insertion Point Problems when Starting from File Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am having problems getting the Word insertion point blinking cursor to be located where I click the mouse. The insertion point gets placed several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Compupix, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Compupix Win User

Microsoft Word Insertion Point Problems when Starting from File Explorer

I am having problems getting the Word insertion point blinking cursor to be located where I click the mouse. The insertion point gets placed several lines above where the mouse is pointing.This always happens when the Word document is opened from File Explorer.The following have no insertion point / cursor problems:Opening documents from within Word.All of the buttons in the Word control ribbon always get clicked as expected.The third party program, Total Commander opens Word documents just fine.Excel does not have this problem.Text and Rich Text documents opened from File Explorer to Word do

:)

Compupix, Oct 19, 2021
  2. 2018_AM Win User

Windows File Explorer - Insert Key

How does one activate the Insert key in Windows File Explorer? Please do not give suggestions for Word, Excel, etc. - only File Explorer. If no method, Microsoft please provide a macro, etc. or program edit to enable this function.

2018_AM, Oct 19, 2021
  3. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Microsoft Word Insertion Point Problems when Starting from File Explorer

microsoft word 2003

In the past year or so I've noticed another quirk where a downloaded Word document or other Office document won't open regardless of the steps I take to open them. After deleting the file and re-downloading the document it opens without issue. I've been using Chrome almost exclusively so I'm not sure if I've experienced this with Explorer or Firefox. So one last step to try might be to obtain another copy of your files if they are being generated and fetched externally to your system (ie. try downloading them again as the file might have simply been corrupted).

Beertintedgoggles, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Word Insertion Point Problems when Starting from File Explorer

1. Microsoft Word Insertion Point Problems when Starting from File Explorer - Similar Threads - Microsoft Word Insertion

2. Microsoft Word Insertion Point Problems when Starting from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Word Insertion Point Problems when Starting from File Explorer: I am having problems getting the Word insertion point blinking cursor to be located where I click the mouse. The insertion point gets placed several lines above where the mouse is pointing.This always happens when the Word document is opened from File Explorer.The following...
  3. Microsoft Word Insertion Point Problems when Starting from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Word Insertion Point Problems when Starting from File Explorer: I am having problems getting the Word insertion point blinking cursor to be located where I click the mouse. The insertion point gets placed several lines above where the mouse is pointing.This always happens when the Word document is opened from File Explorer.The following...
  4. unable to open Microsoft word file from file explorer

unable to open Microsoft word file from file explorer: Dear Team,i am trying to open word file from file explorer in windows 10 pro 21h1 then windows file explorer stops responding.Best RegardsAqib https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-microsoft-word-file-from-file/cd2ab96b-1168-48be-a918-160d5be0d9e7
  5. File Explorer Not Responding when inserting External HDD.

File Explorer Not Responding when inserting External HDD.: I'm having a hard time when inserting an external drive, the Explorer suddenly not responding. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-responding-when-inserting/bbcbbaa3-6c79-4c4e-ac77-9a28a19273ce
  6. inserting symbols in Word

inserting symbols in Word: I cannot get "more symbols" to open in my Word program; I get the "frequently or recently used" selection but when I click on "more symbols" nothing happens. Pls advise. Thanks!...
  7. Inconsistent problems with inserting pictures into Word

Inconsistent problems with inserting pictures into Word: Hi. I have a manuscript i need to insert 100 photos in. All are same size etc. Most have no issues being inserted. But about 30 appear as black when document saved and reopened and/printed. You can very vaguely see the content through the black. I have rebooted,...
  8. inserting a pdf or jpg file into a word document

inserting a pdf or jpg file into a word document: Hello I have been trying to insert a pdf document, which is an image into my Word document. I even saved it as a jpg and tried that... no luck help please...
  9. File Explorer not opening when choosing from START

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer not opening when choosing from START: I'm curious if others are experiencing the following anomaly: 1) File Explorer is "pinned" to the Start menu (Windows 7 style view, i.e., not full menu) 2) File Explorer is opened from the Start menu (first time) -- File Explorer opens with no trouble or time delay 3) File...
  10. Windows File Explorer - Insert Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows File Explorer - Insert Key: How does one activate the Insert key in Windows File Explorer? Please do not give suggestions for Word, Excel, etc. - only File Explorer. If no method, Microsoft please provide a macro, etc. or program edit to enable this function....