Windows 10: Microsoft Word malfunction possibly after a Windows 10 update

Discus and support Microsoft Word malfunction possibly after a Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi please help this is driving me mad. I have seen old threads but no resolutions. I work in word writing reports i set up the documents with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HappyArmenian, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Microsoft Word malfunction possibly after a Windows 10 update

Hi please help this is driving me mad. I have seen old threads but no resolutions. I work in word writing reports i set up the documents with paragraphs, indents and numbering with multilevel lists.

The problem is every time the document is reopened and often even whilst working on it the formatting and numbering all changes. This is incredibly frustrating not to mention time consuming going back over every paragraph time and time again but that is not the worst of it because documents must be sent still in word for approval therefore this looks very unprofessional as of course as soon as they are opened again everything goes to pot.

Any idea what i can do here? I am considering uninstalling word. I have a surface pro 4 128 MB and Office 365 I think this started after a windows 10 update no idea which one though....

thank you

:)

HappyArmenian, Aug 12, 2019

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Reefer86 Win User
    Reefer86, Aug 12, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft Word malfunction possibly after a Windows 10 update

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Word malfunction possibly after a Windows 10 update

1. Microsoft Word malfunction possibly after a Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Microsoft Word malfunction

2. Keyboard malfunction after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard malfunction after Windows Update: I have a HP Omen gaming laptop. After the last Windows update Windows 11, version 22H2, my Function keys started doing some weird things - opening programs that were not asked for instead of doing simple things like turning the volume up and down. I checked for any keyboard...
  3. Keyboard malfunction after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard malfunction after Windows Update: I have a HP Omen gaming laptop. After the last Windows update Windows 11, version 22H2, my Function keys started doing some weird things - opening programs that were not asked for instead of doing simple things like turning the volume up and down. I checked for any keyboard...
  4. Devices malfunctioning after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Devices malfunctioning after update: after the may 11 2021 update, the windows malicious software removal tool x64 -v5.89 -KB890830, my touchpad freezes on its own, my keyboard is difficult to usefor example, instead of holding down shift and pressing 1 to get ! , i now need to hold down shift hold down 1 and...
  5. PC malfunction after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC malfunction after update: Just a few days ago when I updated my Windows a minor update after the 20H2 update my pc stopped functioning properly, some of my apps wouldn't open and when I tried reinstalling, the installer wouldn't run or after opening it would show loading or it just wouldn't respond,...
  6. Windows Malfunctioning After Updating Windows Recently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Malfunctioning After Updating Windows Recently: Hello, I recently from past 4-5 day have started facing an issue with my laptop. When I shut down my laptop, it now stays on for over 10 minutes white light on the right side stays on. I mean that that the screen gets off but sometime i can hear the sound of the fans...
  7. vostro3460 malfunction after windows 10 update

vostro3460 malfunction after windows 10 update: dell vostro3460 bios ver a19 was running well with win10. it became no wifi, cable networking and usb probably after win10 update. bluetooth, sdcard slot is working but usb failed. xhci etc driver seem not working. there is no xhci hand-off or equivalent in bios for me to...
  8. Keyboard malfunction after Windows 10 update 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard malfunction after Windows 10 update 1903: I had a troubled update to 1903 but the final run was without any issue or warnings. But couple of days later my keyboard started malfunctioning. Observations: Can see the taskbar buttons highlighted one by one. Same with options of any other application windows opened....
  9. Keybord malfunction after Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keybord malfunction after Windows 10 updates: After installing Windows 10 upgrades, the keyboard on my Toshiba Satellite Laptop Model L55-B5133 does not work properly. The shift keys and Caps do not work properly. I am using the On-Screen key board to send this message....
  10. Windows 10 malfunction after update

Windows 10 malfunction after update: Hi, I am having a lot of issues with the new windows10 updates. After the last update my windows is malfunctioning. the taskbar doesn't work. ony media player, file explorer and ms Edge and chrome are working. I can carry out the basic functions but by large it is not...