Windows 10: Microsoft Word not responding

Discus and support Microsoft Word not responding in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft word tells me it is not responding, then when I wait for the program to close it just freezes for hours. I used to get regular updates from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CathyMunro, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Microsoft Word not responding

Microsoft word tells me it is not responding, then when I wait for the program to close it just freezes for hours. I used to get regular updates from Microsoft but haven't for a very long time. Could this be the issue? It is very scary as I am an editor and although I save intermittently I have lost a lot of work both times this has happened. It happened once last weekend and then today, does this mean I need to re-install Word and if so how do I do that please? It is Microsoft Home and Student 2013.

:)

CathyMunro, Oct 19, 2019

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Oct 19, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    microsoft word 2003

Is it just one file, or all your word files?

With the exception of Outlook, I have yet to find a reason to stop using Office 2000, 2003, and 2007. They open all the latest files just fine, and they work just fine.

newtekie1, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Ed Brady Win User

Microsoft Word not responding

Problem: Word (not responding). Suggestions?

Problem: Word (not responding).

Suggestions?

Ed Brady, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Word not responding

1. Microsoft Word not responding - Similar Threads - Microsoft Word responding

2. Microsoft word "not responding" when I "save" a word document.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft word "not responding" when I "save" a word document.: Recently when using word I have been unable to save any of my new inputs to a document. I have been using this document for days, and it was all working fine even earlier today.When I click "save" the cursor switches to the "loading hourglass" and stays like that with nothing...
  3. Microsoft word "not responding" when I "save" a word document.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft word "not responding" when I "save" a word document.: Recently when using word I have been unable to save any of my new inputs to a document. I have been using this document for days, and it was all working fine even earlier today.When I click "save" the cursor switches to the "loading hourglass" and stays like that with nothing...
  4. Word 2000 not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word 2000 not responding: As a bit of an anorak, I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, and have stuck with Word 2000 as I'm familiar with it and don't need anything fancier. I dont have Microsoft Office, just Word 2000. Its been fine for a decade, but it suddenly stopped responding. I tried...
  5. Word 2000 not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word 2000 not responding: As a bit of an anorak, I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, and have stuck with Word 2000 as I'm familiar with it and don't need anything fancier. I dont have Microsoft Office, just Word 2000. Its been fine for a decade, but it suddenly stopped responding. I tried...
  6. Power point and Word not responding.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power point and Word not responding.: Hello Sir,On my pc Power point and Word not responding. Please help me. What to do?It is showing msg Repair now, But when I click on that it was closed within second.Please reply as possible as soon.Thank You...
  7. Word not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word not responding: I have a large doc that I am working on and it keep hanging. then comes back. here is the info from Diag any help is welcome. Microsoft Word Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\WINWORD.EXE Creation Time: 4/11/2021...
  8. Microsoft Word isn't responding/opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Word isn't responding/opening: Microsoft Word doesn't want to open. A small pop up appears saying to launch it in safe mode, but when I click on it, it does nothing. I tried to fix it by shutting it down in Task Manager, but it doesn't show up! Does anyone know whats going on? submitted by...
  9. Word Keeps Not Responding

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word Keeps Not Responding: Hello, I have a co-worker who's MS Word keeps not responding when using spell check. It happens on any word file. The task manager seems to show the hard drive at 2% when word does not respond but CPU and RAM looks fine. They are server files. Specs: 64 bit Win 10, 8 gig...
  10. word is not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    word is not responding: Hi The screen of my lap top went all 'jazzy' earlier this morning. I switched off and rebooted but since this time when I try to create a word document the message word not responding (compatibility mode) flashes up. How do I put things back to normal?...