Windows 10: Microsoft Word recent list

Discus and support Microsoft Word recent list in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Evening all, I have my option in Word turned off for saving in OneDrive, so everything saves to my computer. But, just yesterday, when I clicked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by novicegeek, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Microsoft Word recent list

Evening all,

I have my option in Word turned off for saving in OneDrive, so everything saves to my computer. But, just yesterday, when I clicked "File," and then "Open," it showed all of the documents that had previously been saved to my OneDrive, and none that I had recently opened.

Has anyone else been vexed with this issue? And is there something that I can do to make Word show me the actual recent documents, instead of ones from a month ago?

Google was no help, so I am turning to...

Read more

novicegeek, Nov 26, 2021
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Nov 26, 2021
  3. esmorax Win User
    Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

Microsoft Word recent list [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Nov 26, 2021
  4. Nath Bea Win User

Microsoft Word recent list

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Nov 26, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Word recent list

1. Microsoft Word recent list - Similar Threads - Microsoft Word recent

2. Word 2010 recent documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word 2010 recent documents: Hi,I cannot clear recent documents from Word 2010 on Start Menu. I followed instructions exactly but they are still there. If I delete them manually more come in to fill the gap. Any ideas?Thanks :...
  3. Word 2010 recent documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word 2010 recent documents: Hi,I cannot clear recent documents from Word 2010 on Start Menu. I followed instructions exactly but they are still there. If I delete them manually more come in to fill the gap. Any ideas?Thanks :...
  4. Recent Items List incomplete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent Items List incomplete: The Recent Items list in Windows Explorer is often incomplete, only showing 15 or so items when I know there should be 50. The list is missing all items accessed prior to 2:42 PM. Nothing happened today, such as a Windows update, although I did shut down the PC and restart...
  5. Recent items list not updating

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items list not updating: I'm not sure what happened, possible one of Microsoft's updates. Since September 22, my recent items list has not updated but the last update is dated September 19th, 3 days earlier, so perhaps that's not it. Since I use it frequently to access files that I'm using often...
  6. Word jump or recent doc list on right click keeps coming back

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word jump or recent doc list on right click keeps coming back: For some reason, no matter how many times i remove some items from recently accessed files (right click Word icon on taskbar), they keep coming back. *sarc 135269
  7. Windows Audio Word List

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Audio Word List: Hello. I use the Windows Audio Input feature in my spreadsheets. There's a list of words I have somewhere, but I forget what the audio command is to open that list. (and add some words) I tried "Open Dictionary". (That just opens up Dictionary.com) I tried "Open...
  8. list recently uninstalled programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    list recently uninstalled programs: Hi, Whats the best way to list any recent uninstalls? 110041
  9. Microsoft Edge recent jump list corrupted?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge recent jump list corrupted?: Hi. I have a problem with Edge recent jump list. It's not working correctly. See attachment. Is anybody else having this problem and does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks. 57212
  10. How do I clear Recent Files hyperlink list in Word 2016?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do I clear Recent Files hyperlink list in Word 2016?: If you do Ctrl+K in Microsoft Word 2016 you get an Insert Hyperlink dialog box. There are 3 tabs to get sources for hyperlinks. These are Current Folder, Browsed Pages, and Recent Files. Current Folder shows the files in the current folder. Browsed Pages shows the...