Windows 10: Microsoft Word Starter 2010 cannot be opened

Discus and support Microsoft Word Starter 2010 cannot be opened in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello . As it says above, overnight, following installation of a system update, I cannot now open any of my documents. When I try to do this on "recent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ambdfd55, Sep 8, 2020.

1. ambdfd55 Win User

Microsoft Word Starter 2010 cannot be opened

Hello . As it says above, overnight, following installation of a system update, I cannot now open any of my documents. When I try to do this on "recent files" or my documents folder, a message in a panel flashes up saying that Microsoft Word Starter 2010 cannot be opened. I can't work out how to repair this - as the message instructs - via the Control Oanel, and my online disussion with the Microsoft "helpline" has got me nowhere.

If others have experienced this problem and have any suggestions to resolve it, I'd be very grateful.

:)

ambdfd55, Sep 8, 2020

2. msft word starter 2010 can't be opened windows 7

That was preinstalled by the computer manufacturer.

Microsoft has detailed information on how to uninstall/reinstall Office Starter 2010 using the installed software.

"Cannot be opened" error when you start an Office Starter 2010 program.

Resolution:

If Word Starter 2010 or Excel Starter 2010 cannot be opened, uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office Starter 2010:

1. Click Start (or Start > Run in Windows XP).
    2. Type appwiz.cpl, and then press Enter.

Warning Do not remove Microsoft Office 2010from the list of installed programs. You will need this to reinstall Microsoft Office Starter 2010.
    3. Click Microsoft Office Starter 2010, and then click Uninstall (or Remove in Windows XP).
    4. Click Yes and follow the instructions to uninstall Office Starter 2010.
    5. To reinstall Office Starter 2010, click Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office 2010.
    6. Click Use.
    7. And then click Open. This will re-install Office Starter 2010.

Note: If the error continues to occur, you may have to do a full restore of the computer to reinstall Microsoft Office Starter 2010. We recommend you contact the computer manufacturer to talk about your options before you do this.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

You may be interested in using either of these two free Office Suites which are compatible with Windows.

Open Office:

Apache OpenOffice - Official Site - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

Libre Office:

Home | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Based on OpenOffice - Compatible with Microsoft

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Sep 8, 2020
  3. MikeTinVA Win User
    Word Starter 2010 disappeared

I volunteer at the nearby retirement community with computers assistance. One of the residents lost her Microsoft Word 2010 Starter. Her computer originally came with Windows 7, but we updated it to Windows 10. The Word Starter worked fine in Windows
    10 for 2 years until mid- January 2018 when it stopped working. I checked in Apps and Features and "Microsoft Office Starter 2010 - English" is still listed. I attempted to do a "repair", but when I clicked on "modify" (to get to repair), nothing happened.

Anyway to get Word starter going again?

Thx,

MikeT in VA

MikeTinVA, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Microsoft Word Starter 2010 cannot be opened

msft word starter 2010 can't be opened windows 7

I gave you the detailed instructions from Microsoft on what to do.

You have to follow Microsoft's information

Read 2:

Cannot be opened" error when you start an Office Starter 2010 program.

Resolution:

If Word Starter 2010 or Excel Starter 2010 cannot be opened, uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office Starter 2010:

1. Click Start (or Start > Run in Windows XP).
    2. Type appwiz.cpl, and then press Enter.

Warning Do not remove Microsoft Office 2010from the list of installed programs. You will need this to reinstall Microsoft Office Starter 2010.
    3. Click Microsoft Office Starter 2010, and then click Uninstall (or Remove in Windows XP).
    4. Click Yes and follow the instructions to uninstall Office Starter 2010.
    5. To reinstall Office Starter 2010, click Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office 2010.
    6. Click Use.
    7. And then click Open. This will re-install Office Starter 2010.

Note: If the error continues to occur, you may have to do a full restore of the computer to reinstall Microsoft Office Starter 2010. We recommend you contact the computer manufacturer to talk about your options before you do this.

There is no guarantee it will work.

That was why I added the piece at the end:

You may be interested in using either of these two free Office Suites which are compatible with Windows.

Open Office:

Apache OpenOffice - Official Site - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

Libre Office:

Home | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Based on OpenOffice - Compatible with Microsoft

Bill Smithers, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Word Starter 2010 cannot be opened

1. Microsoft Word Starter 2010 cannot be opened - Similar Threads - Microsoft Word Starter

2. Microsoft Office Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office Starter 2010: My Microsoft Office Starter 2010 has stopped working mostly. I can't open my files, save for some plain text boxes I had up. When I went to repair it in Programs and Features it told me I couldn't, because I had no internet connection, but I did. I'm running Windows 7....
  3. Microsoft Office Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Office Starter 2010: My Microsoft Office Starter 2010 has stopped working mostly. I can't open my files, save for some plain text boxes I had up. When I went to repair it in Programs and Features it told me I couldn't, because I had no internet connection, but I did. I'm running Windows 7....
  4. Office Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office Starter 2010: Can I use Office starter 2010 on new computer with windows 10 1809. I used the to go device but it would not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-starter-2010/1e4d7423-fc88-4a2d-b840-84632eebd4f6
  5. Microsoft Word Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Word Starter 2010: I have been using the Word Starter 2010 since the day I purchased this laptop. It was on laptop at purchased. Every since I updated to Windows 10, I have been locked out of it. How do I get it back...for free....
  6. Excel Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel Starter 2010: After each automatic download from microsoft my Aspire Lap top locks up with a blank black screen after I log in with my pass code. I generally have to shut down and restart my computer in safe mode. Apparently the Task Manager does not start in the initial startup. The last...
  7. microsoft word starter 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft word starter 2010: Unable to open. Keep getting a little box that tells me it can't be opened..."fix." Have tried fixing it - doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-word-starter-2010/6bbd74c0-f9b3-4903-b60e-b79ef9d50b20
  8. Word Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word Starter 2010: I could not repair my Word Starter in Control Panel so I deleted it believing I could reinstall. Apparently not. What can I do /install so I can open and edit documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-starter-2010/dad4273b-c382-4951-aa28-b122d15d374d
  9. Microsoft word starter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft word starter: The programme appears to have disappeared, I get a pop up box wddm not working then I have to press ok. Can I reinstall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/microsoft-word-starter/41d6b162-ac42-4e71-8819-a5aa28954197
  10. Microsoft Office Starter 2010 incompatibility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Office Starter 2010 incompatibility: I have Win 7 installed on my laptop and use MS Office Starter 2010 for simple word processing. It will disappear when I upgrade to Windows 10 (which is currently downloading). Would anyone using OpenOffice or LibreOffice confirm their compatibility once they have completed...