Windows 10: Microsoft Word Stopped Working after latest Windows Update!!

Discus and support Microsoft Word Stopped Working after latest Windows Update!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I purchased my laptop in 2016. It runs Windows 10 and came with Microsoft Office Professional, including Word. I have NEVER had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RitaLorraine, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Microsoft Word Stopped Working after latest Windows Update!!

Hello everyone,

I purchased my laptop in 2016. It runs Windows 10 and came with Microsoft Office Professional, including Word. I have NEVER had a problem with Microsoft Word until I did the Windows update last night (Oct 13) After the update, everything seemed fine until I tried to open Microsoft Word. The version is 2010. When I tried to open one of the many Word documents stored on the laptop I got an error that said "the application was unable to start correctly (Oxc0000142). I tried going to program files to see if I could get Word to repair itself and...it's GONE! The Word program is simply not there.

I can't figure this out. All of the other Office apps are there and working, but word -- which I NEED because I am a writer, is gone into the abyss. Can anyone help?

Again, this was a bundled Microsoft Office Professional app that came with my Dell laptop. Can anyone help me restore it?

Thanks in advance.

Rita L

:)

RitaLorraine, Oct 14, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

microsoft word 2003

Is it just one file, or all your word files?

With the exception of Outlook, I have yet to find a reason to stop using Office 2000, 2003, and 2007. They open all the latest files just fine, and they work just fine.

newtekie1, Oct 14, 2018
  3. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Microsoft Word Stopped Working after latest Windows Update!!

Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Word Stopped Working after latest Windows Update!!

1. Microsoft Word Stopped Working after latest Windows Update!! - Similar Threads - Microsoft Word Stopped

2. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stop working after latest updates: BT device reinstalled throw BT manager. Latest drivers founded and reinstalled. Nothing work!MSI GF66 Katana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stop-working-after-latest-updates/a11d57d4-b4e6-477d-9f7d-576b043e4fef
  3. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth stop working after latest updates: BT device reinstalled throw BT manager. Latest drivers founded and reinstalled. Nothing work!MSI GF66 Katana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stop-working-after-latest-updates/a11d57d4-b4e6-477d-9f7d-576b043e4fef
  4. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  5. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  6. Microphone stopped working after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone stopped working after latest Windows update: I've been unable to join Teams and Zoom calls as my internal microphone stopped working after the April 13 Windows update. I've checked to ensure that my drivers are up to date and everything else is fine. Seems like others are having the same issue. I'm using a Lenovo...
  7. audio stopped working after latest windows update

audio stopped working after latest windows update: So a while back, I had an audio issue on my computer where my earphones were recognised as speakers conexant smartaudio hd and I couldn't hear any sound from my laptop speakers at all, but I could hear it from my earphones. I was able to trace the driver back from my laptop...
  8. USB stopped working after latest update

USB stopped working after latest update: USB stopped working after latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-stopped-working-after-latest-update/852dc6e9-8f23-4440-9b8e-deb3f802b4b2
  9. Mouse stopped working after latest update?

Mouse stopped working after latest update?: I've grown a deep disdain for Microsoft products and their crappy updates. My computer was working fine and then suddenly my mouse stopped working. The USB doesn't detect ANYTHING now. A Google search shows just about EVERY year a Microsoft update causes USB issues. All...
  10. Touchscreen stopped working after latest Windows update

Touchscreen stopped working after latest Windows update: Computer Lenovo Flex 4-1470 lap top Model: 80SA0000US Windows 10 Home Version 1803 Updated 6/3/2018 The touchsceen stopped working after the latest Windows 10 update (Version 1803). Device Manager -> Human Interface Devices -> I2C HID Device has the following error:...