Windows 10: Microsoft Word Weird Shortcuts Problem

Discus and support Microsoft Word Weird Shortcuts Problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently got a new laptop. I'm quite used to the keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Office. I've been having problems with these shortcuts. Let me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mslambat, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Microsoft Word Weird Shortcuts Problem

I recently got a new laptop. I'm quite used to the keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Office.

I've been having problems with these shortcuts. Let me list them down: - The Ctrl + A, Z, X and C shortcuts (those on the left of the keyboard) are not working for me. - Weird thing is that the rest of the shortcuts work perfectly well. - Weirder is that this issue is only in Word. These shortcuts work in all other Office programs as well as all other computer actions like copying a picture from one folder to another, etc. - Even weirder: I created a guest account and tried the shortcuts in Word and they worked perfectly fine!

Can anyone help me ouy here?

submitted by /u/mslambat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mslambat, Mar 14, 2021

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Mar 14, 2021
  3. annie Win User
    How do I change (Read Only) on Microsoft Word

When I downloaded Windows 10 and used my Microsoft Word it was in (Read Only) and I tried looking up how to solve the problem including looking at properties on my document to uncheck read only, but it was already unchecked. I have tried all the steps suggested.

annie, Mar 14, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Microsoft Word Weird Shortcuts Problem

microsoft word 2003

Is it just one file, or all your word files?

With the exception of Outlook, I have yet to find a reason to stop using Office 2000, 2003, and 2007. They open all the latest files just fine, and they work just fine.

newtekie1, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Word Weird Shortcuts Problem

1. Microsoft Word Weird Shortcuts Problem - Similar Threads - Microsoft Word Weird

2. Start Menu shortcut of Microsoft are looking weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu shortcut of Microsoft are looking weird: Hi,All my Microsoft/Windows shortcuts in the startmenu look weird. how can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-shortcut-of-microsoft-are-looking-weird/67216c47-6eaf-4d05-a3a5-ca086e199c6d
  3. Start Menu shortcut of Microsoft are looking weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu shortcut of Microsoft are looking weird: Hi,All my Microsoft/Windows shortcuts in the startmenu look weird. how can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-shortcut-of-microsoft-are-looking-weird/67216c47-6eaf-4d05-a3a5-ca086e199c6d
  4. Start Menu shortcut of Microsoft are looking weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft Word Problem

Microsoft Word Problem: Hi - Using Word in Microsoft 10. Quite a bit of cut & paste from various Web Sites. The one Word Document I am working on seems to have picked up some unwanted features. Please see attached Screen Shot . I can delete the red changes by high-lighting the history on the left...
  6. Weird icon in front of shortcuts

Weird icon in front of shortcuts: Hello, I am using Windows 2004, today when I opened my laptop, there was a weird icon in front of all shortcuts, what I need to do to solve this? There was a problem uploading the screenshot here so I will give the link to the screen crop Here:...
  7. Microsoft Word problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Word problem: Hi all. I need help with my Microsoft Word. It's not showing the recent documents I have opened up lately. Just ones from last week. But even then it is not saying that it is from last week. I have the O365 version of Word (which is, by the way, really good). I have restarted...
  8. Weird keyboard shortcut issues

Weird keyboard shortcut issues: I've been having issues lately with a keyboard shortcut that uses Ctrl + d. For some reason, no matter what applications I have running, whenever I press that key combo, my secondary monitor starts showing the corners of my primary monitor in a very broken fashion, e.g. the...
  9. Weird shortcut that opens to chrome

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird shortcut that opens to chrome: Hello there, I recently noticed that there were 3 new shortcuts in my start page's "recently added" that was named "simple calc", "power tool - g suite", and "camera". When I tried to uninstall, it would take me to the apps manager window but I couldn't find the apps there....
  10. Word acting 'weird'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word acting 'weird': A couple weeks ago I did the upgrade and had a host of problem that I eventually accepted and/or worked out. Today, however, something weird happened. Since the update when I open Windows I'd get 2 login's. One with a picture and one without, both with my name but the...