Windows 10: Microsoft word won't type letters

Discus and support Microsoft word won't type letters in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I cannot type in Microsoft word. My laptop won't let me... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DawnMartin4, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Microsoft word won't type letters

I cannot type in Microsoft word. My laptop won't let me

:)

DawnMartin4, Mar 15, 2020

2. My caps lock won t turn off

I'm typing a letter in word, it was fine then started using all caps it won t turn them the usual way

SallyGardner47, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Could not type words/letters continuously in emails, microsoft word etc.

I have experienced lately while typing in outlook, emails, Microsoft word etc. that my that the letters/words that I am typing could not be typed, so I click again the mouse button to resume typing letters/words. It's like its hanging up so I have to
    click mouse button resume. What seems to be the problem, please help. Thanks.

WilfredoMacadangdang, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Am360 Win User

Microsoft word won't type letters

Suggestion on enhancement of typing Amharic words

To those who developed Amharic typing/keyboarding system. I have one comment/suggestion on it.

"Enter" or "Space" key is used frequently when Amharic words are typed. These keys help to select the right word from displayed options. To make Amharic typing fast and easy please enhance it to take the first choice when the user press any other key that
    is not listed as options. For example to type the word "ሚስጥር" here are the steps on the current Amharic typing system

1. pressing "m" and then "i" and then space/enter keys (to type ሚ)

2. pressing "s" and then space/enter keys (to type ስ)

3. pressing "t" and then "." and then space/enter keys (to type ጥ)

4. pressing "r" and then space/enter keys (to type ር)

I suggest to have a possibility not to use space/enter keys to write the same word ("ሚስጥር"). That means when I press "m" and then "i", I have two available options "ሚ" and "ሜ". space/enter key is used to type "ሚ" and "e" is used to type "ሜ". If the user
    type any other keys (other than "e" or space/enter), it will not write anything on the screen because it is out of the available options. What I am suggesting here is that - when the user types any key which is not in the available options, let it take the
    first option.

if you apply the above suggestion here will be the steps to type the word "ሚስጥር"

1. pressing "m" and then "i" (to type ሚ)

2. pressing "s" (to type ስ)

3. pressing "t" and then "." (to type ጥ)

4. pressing "r" (to type ር)

This will make typing Amharic words very easy and fast.

Am360, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft word won't type letters

1. Microsoft word won't type letters - Similar Threads - Microsoft word won't

2. Typing duplicate letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typing duplicate letters: Recently my laptop had been typing duplicate of buttons. This issue so far remains when I am using Microsoft To-Do List, Microsoft Sticky Notes, File Explorers, and Search. There is no issue with typing in Chrome or other app Here are what I have tried:Adjusted the keyboard...
  3. Typing duplicate letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typing duplicate letters: Recently my laptop had been typing duplicate of buttons. This issue so far remains when I am using Microsoft To-Do List, Microsoft Sticky Notes, File Explorers, and Search. There is no issue with typing in Chrome or other app Here are what I have tried:Adjusted the keyboard...
  4. Microsoft word won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft word won't open: Whenever I open Microsoft word on my Computer, it says "Word Couldn't start last time. Safe mode could help you troubleshoot the problem, but some features might not be available in the mode."When I say yes, it opens a completely blank word file, nowhere to type. If I try to...
  5. Microsoft word won't open

Microsoft word won't open: Whenever I open Microsoft word on my Computer, it says "Word Couldn't start last time. Safe mode could help you troubleshoot the problem, but some features might not be available in the mode."When I say yes, it opens a completely blank word file, nowhere to type. If I try to...
  6. Letters of Words Backwards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Letters of Words Backwards: Hello,Can anyone help me figure out and "fix" this problem? Every once in awhile, sometimes up to 10 times a day, when I type a word the letters come out in the in the right order but they don't line up in the right order. For example: water would show as retaw. The w would...
  7. Letters of Words Backwards

Letters of Words Backwards: Hello,Can anyone help me figure out and "fix" this problem? Every once in awhile, sometimes up to 10 times a day, when I type a word the letters come out in the in the right order but they don't line up in the right order. For example: water would show as retaw. The w would...
  8. Letters of Words Backwards

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Chinese Keyboard Won't Type Certain Letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese Keyboard Won't Type Certain Letters: The Chinese Keyboard in language settings won't let me type certain letters such as X, I, U, V so I'm not able to type out certain words such as "xia"...
  10. jumbled words because letters jump backward as typed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    jumbled words because letters jump backward as typed: can barely type an email or a comment on Facebook because letters jump backward and words get jumbled as a result https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jumbled-words-because-letters-jump-backward-as/a54a6a33-62d3-451e-a775-a6b35b606346