Windows 10: Microsoft Word

Discus and support Microsoft Word in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I try to open Microsoft from my start menu, where I have all of my Office app, it opens in Microsoft Edge instead of the actual application on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Z2810, Oct 1, 2020.

1. /u/Z2810 Win User

Microsoft Word

When I try to open Microsoft from my start menu, where I have all of my Office app, it opens in Microsoft Edge instead of the actual application on my computer. I have to search for it to actually open it on my computer. Why?

submitted by /u/Z2810
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Z2810, Oct 1, 2020

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Oct 1, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    microsoft word 2003

Is it just one file, or all your word files?

With the exception of Outlook, I have yet to find a reason to stop using Office 2000, 2003, and 2007. They open all the latest files just fine, and they work just fine.

newtekie1, Oct 1, 2020
  4. annie Win User

Microsoft Word

How do I change (Read Only) on Microsoft Word

When I downloaded Windows 10 and used my Microsoft Word it was in (Read Only) and I tried looking up how to solve the problem including looking at properties on my document to uncheck read only, but it was already unchecked. I have tried all the steps suggested.

annie, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Word

1. Microsoft Word - Similar Threads - Microsoft Word

2. can i send a fax from Microsoft Office 21013 pro word

in Windows 10 Customization
    can i send a fax from Microsoft Office 21013 pro word: Can I send a fax document from MS word 2013 pro? IF, YES, HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-send-a-fax-from-microsoft-office-21013-pro/797515be-d5de-4898-8d29-2ca770839870
  3. Can't open Microsoft Word and some other Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open Microsoft Word and some other Apps: [ATTACH] For the past 2 days, I have not been able to open any of the Microsoft Office apps on my Dell Inspiron 5570 Laptop, which was recently reset after a crash followed by the blue screen of death. Now I have an assignment deadline coming up and this happens ( Added...
  4. Microsoft Word problem

Microsoft Word problem: Hi all. I need help with my Microsoft Word. It's not showing the recent documents I have opened up lately. Just ones from last week. But even then it is not saying that it is from last week. I have the O365 version of Word (which is, by the way, really good). I have restarted...
  5. Cannot see merged cell in Microsoft Word document when sent via WhatsApp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see merged cell in Microsoft Word document when sent via WhatsApp: Hi, I hope someone can help me. A document created in Microsoft Word was sent to me via WhatsApp. When I opened the document in my iOS phone I cannot see the merged cells. ie. Some rows are merged in the original document but what I see is just the words in the first row...
  6. Microsoft Word & Excel Background is BLACK & the writing is white

Microsoft Word & Excel Background is BLACK & the writing is white: Hi, The background on my excel files & word documents are black. How do I change it back to white background. I also noticed my search bar for google is also black, instead of the usual white. Thanks....
  7. Missing Greek Alphabets in Microsoft Word

Missing Greek Alphabets in Microsoft Word: Where are the Greek letters in Microsoft Word Insert Symbols dialogue box. The Greek Alphabets are missing. And I noticed that the Windows Font Folder seems to be missing Greek Fonts too. What is going on? Is Microsoft secretly removing windows fonts?...
  8. Microsoft Word - scroll bar turns screen black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Word - scroll bar turns screen black: Hello. I just had an update and now my Microsoft Word is not working. Whenever I click on the vertical scroll bar, it turns my screen black. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-word-scroll-bar-turns-screen-black/d2c3138d-1544-4e74-99ac-0e9d7a1e577f
  9. Can I print a Microsoft word file without the text changing and he paragraphs getting...

Can I print a Microsoft word file without the text changing and he paragraphs getting...: So long story short I need to surprise some1 tomorrow or at least complete a job I was assigned. It's a word file that I want to print but when I tried to do that it had some serious problems like getting it s paragraphs ruined and the text was put in the wrong place. I still...
  10. Microsoft Office Word file icons are not consistent on desktop

Microsoft Office Word file icons are not consistent on desktop: I am using Office Professional Plus 2019 on Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19041 Built 19041. Some of my saved Word files are displayed with the Word icon while others show a miniature greeked image of the contents.I want consistency. For example here are two versions of the same file....