Windows 10: Microsoft Works Word Processor Problem

Discus and support Microsoft Works Word Processor Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings to all. I had a PC with Windows XP and included Microsoft Works Word Processor. I have all these documents saved on a thumb-drive as "WPS" I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GKHall, Jul 30, 2019.

1. GKHall Win User

Microsoft Works Word Processor Problem

Greetings to all. I had a PC with Windows XP and included Microsoft Works Word Processor. I have all these documents saved on a thumb-drive as "WPS" I believe, but I cannot open them on this new PC with Windows 10 and cannot locate any means of doing so. Are these documents (some of which are truly close to my heart) lost forever? Or is there a program that is compatible to Works Word Processor that I can download and have it really work? Thankx for your time, whoever you areMicrosoft Works Word Processor Problem ;)

:)

GKHall, Jul 30, 2019

2. Microsoft works word processor wps file extension

Open with Works Word Processor. Cannot Open.

File may be in use by another application. Format might not be supported by any of he converters or file might be corrupt..

I completely removed the Microsoft program and reloaded it. Microsoft Works 2000.

DonaldScharpenburg, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Speech recognition will not work in word processor programs that are not Microsoft.

WSR, windows speech recognition, only works in text boxes that are programmed for TSF (text services frameworks). If your word processors are not TSF compliant then your best option is to dictate into Notepad and copy - paste into your non compliant word
    processor.

Marty

MartinMarkoeWSR, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Microsoft Works Word Processor Problem

Speech recognition will not work in word processor programs that are not Microsoft.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience and we will surely help you to resolve the issue.

Since the issue is with third party word processor programs lets try reinstalling and check if issue persist I suggest you to contact third party word processor support site for better assistance.

Hope it helps. Please reply us if you face any issues in future. We will be glad to help you.

Suvarna Govinda, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Works Word Processor Problem

1. Microsoft Works Word Processor Problem - Similar Threads - Microsoft Works Word

2. Word Processor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word Processor: I use a desktop computer with Windows 10. I do not have Microsoft Office because I have no need for it. However, I would like to use Microsoft Word but of course, without installing Microsoft Office, it will not work. Can you please suggest an alternative Word Processor which...
  3. Word Processor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word Processor: I use a desktop computer with Windows 10. I do not have Microsoft Office because I have no need for it. However, I would like to use Microsoft Word but of course, without installing Microsoft Office, it will not work. Can you please suggest an alternative Word Processor which...
  4. Word Processor

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Word Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Word Problem: Hi - Using Word in Microsoft 10. Quite a bit of cut & paste from various Web Sites. The one Word Document I am working on seems to have picked up some unwanted features. Please see attached Screen Shot . I can delete the red changes by high-lighting the history on the left...
  6. Microsoft Word problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Word problem: Hi all. I need help with my Microsoft Word. It's not showing the recent documents I have opened up lately. Just ones from last week. But even then it is not saying that it is from last week. I have the O365 version of Word (which is, by the way, really good). I have restarted...
  7. Selecting OpenOfficeWriter as Word Processor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Selecting OpenOfficeWriter as Word Processor: When in a folder I used to right click and select NEW, I would then have the option of selecting OpenOfficeWriter as my word processor for the new file. It no longer offers that option, and the net says, indeed, it is gone. I can't believe Microsoft would be so callous, can...
  8. WHERE IS MY WORD PROCESSOR

WHERE IS MY WORD PROCESSOR: where is my word processor for letters ad mailing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-word-processor/c8017860-2105-4f28-9be7-de57c51bcbcf
  9. Suggestions for new word processor

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Suggestions for new word processor: I've been using Open Office on both my laptop where it runs perfectly and on my desktop where very common names such Haden, Cassidy etc. are red lined (well I see Haden got the old red line here too). Anyway, when I put a file with no red lining on my flash drive (from...
  10. compatible apple word processor

compatible apple word processor: I have a friend with an Apple computer who sends me PDF files, that I can edit because she doesn't have a Windows compatible word processor and I don't know what to advise her to use. I can't believe Apple can't create a Windows compatible document. Does Apple have a word...