Windows 10: Microsoft Xbox Controller not properly working

Discus and support Microsoft Xbox Controller not properly working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently had to get a new motherboard, processor, and RAM and swapped from Intel to AMD. Prior to the swap my controller worked fine, I never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shinuzi, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Shinuzi Win User

Microsoft Xbox Controller not properly working

Hello, I recently had to get a new motherboard, processor, and RAM and swapped from Intel to AMD. Prior to the swap my controller worked fine, I never had any issues with it. Now whenever I try to connect the controller via USB to my PC its a wired controller the home button does not light up like it used to. The drivers still exist through device manager, but do not seem to be working properly. I followed the steps that were listed in an article posted in 2015 will link the article below and none of the solutions presented in the article worked for me. I'm at a loss right now of what to do, any possible solution to this would be a godsend at this point.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/xbox-one-controller-not-working-not-in-device/f2e28a3b-4c91-45f3-bda1-b4268fb81efe?fbclid=IwAR20VWHoqPwb4mBoiL3VTRyGmedH3UG8X-mpbgt1WXb-6hlfxtCvOZqoqhs

:)

Shinuzi, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Microsoft Xbox Controller not properly working

XBOX One Controller Triggers Not Resposive (On PC)

Hi Cruxin,

An outdated controller is one of the potential reasons why your Xbox One controller triggers do not work. For me to properly assist you with this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were you able to use the controller without any issues before?
    • Have you tried using the controller on a different computer?

In the meantime, I suggest that you update your Xbox One controller. To do this, you may follow the steps on the link below:

How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10

Wilfred Mac, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Xbox Controller not properly working

1. Microsoft Xbox Controller not properly working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Xbox Controller

2. Controller not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller not working properly: Hi i have an 8bitdo ultimate wired controller been using it for a year, suddenly now i have problem when i play games like fifa and nba the key mapping is changin and the button are changing to ps4 or numbers. I don't why this happened but when i click button a it became...
  3. Controller not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller not working properly: Hi i have an 8bitdo ultimate wired controller been using it for a year, suddenly now i have problem when i play games like fifa and nba the key mapping is changin and the button are changing to ps4 or numbers. I don't why this happened but when i click button a it became...
  4. Controller not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox controller not properly connecting to pc.

Xbox controller not properly connecting to pc.: Xbox one controller is connected but not reading as an input device.things tried so farrestarting both controller and computer multiple times checking for driver updates multiple timesuninstalled/reinstalled drivers multible timestried connecting via usbtried connecting via...
  6. Xbox controller not properly connecting to pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller not properly connecting to pc.: Xbox one controller is connected but not reading as an input device.things tried so farrestarting both controller and computer multiple times checking for driver updates multiple timesuninstalled/reinstalled drivers multible timestried connecting via usbtried connecting via...
  7. Microsoft store and xbox app not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store and xbox app not working properly: Recently I was prompted to install minecraft launcher from windows store. However upon pressing install nothing happens, before it was giving error 0x0000001. Same with FH5 pre-install through game pass. Store, xbox app and gaming services were reset numerous times....
  8. Microsoft store and xbox app not working properly

Microsoft store and xbox app not working properly: Recently I was prompted to install minecraft launcher from windows store. However upon pressing install nothing happens, before it was giving error 0x0000001. Same with FH5 pre-install through game pass. Store, xbox app and gaming services were reset numerous times....
  9. Xbox One Controller Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller Not Working Properly: Hi, I've been using my xbox one controller on windows 10 wired connection flawlessly for the past year. However, today I was messing with the drivers for another device and mistakenly messed with the xbox one controller drivers. The controller is no longer recognized by my...
  10. Xbox controller not working properly with Ori and the Blind Forrest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller not working properly with Ori and the Blind Forrest: The right trigger, and the B button each seem to be mapped to two or more distinct functions. For example, when I hit B it jumps as well as starting up the save function. When I lightly touch the trigger it functions as push/pull and shoot and when I fully press the...