Windows 10: Microsoft.XboxOneSmartGlass silently installed itself unexpectedy on several corporate...

Discus and support Microsoft.XboxOneSmartGlass silently installed itself unexpectedy on several corporate... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We have several hundred Lenovo laptops in our environment running a mixture of WIN10 Enterprise 1809 and 1909 custom corporate images, not OEM images,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jakura2, Jun 3, 2020.

1. jakura2 Win User

Microsoft.XboxOneSmartGlass silently installed itself unexpectedy on several corporate...

We have several hundred Lenovo laptops in our environment running a mixture of WIN10 Enterprise 1809 and 1909 custom corporate images, not OEM images, and we use classic on-prem Domains + Group Policy + SCCM to manage everything. None of the laptops are AzureAD joined and there is no Intune co-management involved presently.

Recently since COVID-19 many of these laptops have been taken offsite and everyone is now working from home. Since then we've noticed a slowly increasing number of laptops that unexpectedly have the "Microsoft.XboxOneSmartGlass" APPX package installed, however users are not local admins and the MS Store app is disabled via Group Policy.

After scouring the internet, our best guess based on the installation dates and affected users is that Windows 10 is automatically installing the Microsoft.XboxOneSmartGlass APPX package upon detecting an Xbox on the same network as the laptop. If that's true, how do we prevent this behavior?

If that is not the underlying cause and there is some other feature/option we're missing that allows unsolicited installation of APPX packages, please identify it so that we can disable it immediately. This is a security concern and there is zero business reason for corporate laptops with a custom corporate image to have unwanted Xbox applications installed on them.

Thanks

:)

jakura2, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Pegasone Win User

Desktop App Converter - silent installer?

One of the requirements for successfully running the Desktop App Converter app, now available on Windows Store, is a silent installer for the desktop application to convert to appx package. I would like to ask the TenForums users for suggestions on creating such a silent (non-interactive) installer.

Update: NSIS can create silent installers Microsoft.XboxOneSmartGlass silently installed itself unexpectedy on several corporate... :)

Pegasone, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Creators Update - silent installation

Steps For Silennt installation
    1) Download ISO File
    2) Mount ISO File
    3) Call Setup.exe with silent switch (/auto upgrade /quiet).
    Example H:\setup.exe /auto upgrade /quiet

Prabhu Shan, Jun 3, 2020
  4. didotb Win User

Microsoft.XboxOneSmartGlass silently installed itself unexpectedy on several corporate...

"Microsoft Corporation" is missing as Manufacturer in Device Manager

As the title suggest the manufacturer section when adding a legacy hardware is missing the "Microsoft Corporation" but "Microsoft" is still there listed.

I'm trying to install RNDIS Network driver for my Raspberry Pi Zero W, but it looks like I can't ssh through using USB. Sadly I also don't have any monitor to use so I'm trying to install it headless.

Edit: I forgot to mention I have installed Windows 10 Enterprise Edition v1709

didotb, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft.XboxOneSmartGlass silently installed itself unexpectedy on several corporate... - Similar Threads - Microsoft XboxOneSmartGlass silently

2. Silently run Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Silently run Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter: I have an app on a number of machines that I need to uninstall silently, it doesn't show up in control panel 'uninstall programs'This tool does find it and uninstalls it....
  3. Silently run Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silently run Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter: I have an app on a number of machines that I need to uninstall silently, it doesn't show up in control panel 'uninstall programs'This tool does find it and uninstalls it....
  4. Silently run Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft Corporation "Log in"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Corporation "Log in": Okay, so Ive used my laptop for a long while, but around a year ago after upgrading the storage a bit after but I think thats what started it, a pop up comes up from "aka.ms/accountrecovery" Asking for me to sign in to a "Work or School Account" because its having trouble...
  6. Microsoft Corporation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Corporation: Just my personal opinion and experience . . . Microsoft Products are inferior and have caused me grief multiple times with their unwanted updates and such. Constantly upgrading programs and forcing people to buy the latest and greatest. Well folks, many of us cannot continue...
  7. Audio gradually goes silent by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio gradually goes silent by itself: So the other day I start my HP Pavilion 15cw 1xxx go to youtube and turn on some music and I notice that my audio is slowly turning volume down but the volume is at 100%. I try several times turning the volume down manually and turning it back up and it works but then again...
  8. Microsoft.XboxOneSmartGlass silently installed itself unexpectedy on several corporate...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft.XboxOneSmartGlass silently installed itself unexpectedy on several corporate...: We have several hundred Lenovo laptops in our environment running a mixture of WIN10 Enterprise 1809 and 1909 (custom corporate images, not OEM images), and we use classic on-prem Domains + Group Policy + SCCM to manage everything. None of the laptops are AzureAD joined and...
  9. Microsoft Corporation contest

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Corporation contest: I RECEIVED THE BELOW EMAIL THIS AFTERNOON AND I WANT TO KNOW IF I SHOULD RESPOND TO IT. From: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Sent: Saturday, November 2, 2019 5:24 PM To: Christopher Simmons <*** Email address...
  10. Mail by Microsoft Corporation?

in Browsers and Email
    Mail by Microsoft Corporation?: So I was checking what apps were connected to my GMail account and saw this: [img] I have one from Mail by Microsoft Corporation and another from Windows. They seem to be nearly the same thing. Are they? Should I get rid of one? 46689