Windows 10: Microsoft Your Phone and headsets

Discus and support Microsoft Your Phone and headsets in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft LiveChat LX-6000 headset USB which is set as my default communications device, but I am unable to get the Your Phone app to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MeanmanUK, Dec 19, 2019.

1. MeanmanUK Win User

Microsoft Your Phone and headsets

I have a Microsoft LiveChat LX-6000 headset USB which is set as my default communications device, but I am unable to get the Your Phone app to use the headset speakers, although the mic works fine.

The app does not appear in "app volume - device preferences" and the app itself has no option to change the default output device.

Is this an oversight or am I missing something?

:)

MeanmanUK, Dec 19, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Microsoft Your Phone and headsets :p

cadaveca, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Headset not working

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the headset?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. Have you tried using the headset in a different audio port?
    4. Have you tried using the headset on a different PC?

As you have mentioned you have tried some steps, may I know, what are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?

Also, if you are using a headset with built in Microphone, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Right click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
    2. Click on Sounds and under
      Recording
      Devices select the Microphone.
    3. Click on Properties and select
      Listen
      tab.
    4. Check the box Listen to this device.
    5. Now select the Default Playback Device under
      Playback through this device menu.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.
    7. Click on OK.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 19, 2019
  4. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Your Phone and headsets - Similar Threads - Microsoft Phone headsets

2. Phone Link sound to Phone's headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link sound to Phone's headset: Hello.When I connected to Phone Link all sounds go to Computer speakers.I have a Bluetooth headset connected to my cell phone. My cell phone is connected to Phone Link. I want PhoneLink to use my Phone's headset instead of computer mic and speakers. How to do it. So I want to...
  3. Microsoft your phone Crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft your phone Crashing: Hello microsoft I have a problem with my microsoft store appsi was Trying to run Your phone it crash and most of the apps like this ,Xbox Game Bar ............i typed TheStart > Settings > Apps > Apps & featuresScroll down to Your PhoneSelect itClick Advanced optionsClick...
  4. Your Phone Companion and USB Headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Your Phone Companion and USB Headset: My problem is the simplest. Everything on the Phone Companion works except that the voice does not come over my USB Headset. I have a HyperX gaming headphone that is connected via a USB hub by Anker. I use a bluetooth 5.0 adapter on the PC that connects to the phone. When...
  5. Problems with microsoft your phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with microsoft your phone: I can't connect my galaxy s10e to my windows computer. I have looked into the Microsoft material about it but I couldn't find something to help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-microsoft-your-phone/a63ce06a-0737-4e34-84c5-d9c0b4fbacfb
  6. Your Phone/Your Phone Compain

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Your Phone/Your Phone Compain: Is there anyway to get a computer connected with an ethernet connection instead of Wifi on the same router to work with Your Phone? I don't have a wireless card on my desktop and want to be able to see my texts. It is connected via ethernet to the same router the Wifi network...
  7. Your Phone and Bluetooth Headset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone and Bluetooth Headset: Has anyone managed to get the Your Phone app to work while routing calls on the PC through a Bluetooth headset? I don't know how many people find it useful to talk on speaker through their computer or plug in a headset. I simply want to manage my calls without picking up my...
  8. Using Bluetooth Headset with 'Your Phone' app

Using Bluetooth Headset with 'Your Phone' app: G'day to the Microsoft community. When you search for a telephone number on google, I need to type this manually into my phone rather than having the PC manage the number and phonecall. This is a first world problem, but I would like to be able to achieve this in some way....
  9. Your Phone app + headset = problem

Your Phone app + headset = problem: Your Phone issue I use your phone to send text messages, download photos. It works very well. The problem is with calling: Details: App: Your Phone 1.200.132.0 OS: Windows 10 build 19041.113 Phone: Samsung J4 + Headset: Aftershokz Trekz Connection: Mobile Phone -> PC ->...
  10. [Your Phone] Calls not working with Bluetooth headset connected to PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Your Phone] Calls not working with Bluetooth headset connected to PC: Hello guys, I'm running the latest (as of today) slow insider ring build of Windows, and the calling feature is a bit broken. I get the call notification when I receive a call and hanging up the call works fine from the PC. What doesn't work is selecting the PC as the...