Windows 10: Microsoft

Discus and support Microsoft in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot open my win 10. I cant open with my pin or with my password. Is there a simple way to get the computer up and running. I have spent hours and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jwpjjj, Feb 7, 2021.

1. jwpjjj Win User

Microsoft

I cannot open my win 10. I cant open with my pin or with my password. Is there a simple way to get the computer up and running. I have spent hours and no luck.

John

:)

jwpjjj, Feb 7, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 7, 2021
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Microsoft

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft

1. Microsoft - Similar Threads - Microsoft

2. Previously purchased app not showing up on Microsoft Store on new lap top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Previously purchased app not showing up on Microsoft Store on new lap top: Hi! On my old laptop I have a great app called Recipe Keeper. I paid for this via Microsoft Store. On my new laptop, when I log into Microsoft Store in order to reactivate this app, its purchase details aren't there. I can download it again if I like and it invites me to...
  3. Why am I not able to leave my Microsoft family group even though I am a member above...

Why am I not able to leave my Microsoft family group even though I am a member above...: Hey there. I am a member in my family above statutoryage, and we’re making a new family group. For this, I have to leave the currentgroup. However, when I try to do so, It says that it is currently not possible.I have tried many methods to do this, and it has not worked....
  4. Will there be microsoft launch Windows 11 or 12?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will there be microsoft launch Windows 11 or 12?: Our sources from the company confirmed that Microsoft is planning to release a new operating system called Windows 12 in early 2021. Indeed, there will be no Windows 11, as the company decided to jump straight to Windows 12. ... Windows 12 is the bridge between the classic...
  5. Windows 10 Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Problem: This problem started happening a few weeks ago. The keyboard and mouse were acting weird. Sometimes when I type, certain letters weren't added even if I press them and other keys like the space bar and enter sometimes don't work. Mouse does not move smoothly and sometimes...
  6. is the microsoft store not working for anyone else?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is the microsoft store not working for anyone else?: it just gets stuck on 'acquiring license' whenever i try to install an app submitted by /u/Carl-The-Commie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxdc25/is_the_microsoft_store_not_working_for_anyone_else/
  7. Spam email from fake Microsoft email account asking for money for advanced windows defender...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spam email from fake Microsoft email account asking for money for advanced windows defender...: I received a spam email from a suspicious address: Moderator edit: Removed link Please be sure to never answer this email. they are asking for $299.99 to be enrolled into an advanced Windows Defender subscription for one year. Please block this contact immediately and...
  8. HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Sid eBySide function?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Sid eBySide function?: Hi Heroes, May I know the function of the following reg key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners] I have googled it few hrs but still dont get the answer, thanks in advance!!! Originally, it was related to a windows 10 update...
  9. Microsoft Time Limits on Family won't go away

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Time Limits on Family won't go away: So yesterday I had a problem with Microsoft Time Limits / Screen Time.. I left the family but the screen time still goes on, why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-time-limits-on-family-wont-go-away/1f38e4bb-d230-468b-a250-110582bd4eb0
  10. MSFS 202o not loading, Microsoft Store will not update, errors 0x8007024, 0x8007057, 0x80073CFG

MSFS 202o not loading, Microsoft Store will not update, errors 0x8007024, 0x8007057, 0x80073CFG: MSFS 2020 will not load, The apps listed in the Microsoft Store will not update. MSFS is not listed as an app in Apps & Features Everything was working fine a few days ago. I was trying to update my apps when I got hit with a power failure after that noting worked right....