Windows 10: MicrosoftEdge.exe Suspicious Connection?

Discus and support MicrosoftEdge.exe Suspicious Connection? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is the following issue a possible hidden virus/malware, or something that needs an exception? Bitdefender 2020 reports on my system Suspicious... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by whyohwhy42, Dec 3, 2019.

1. MicrosoftEdge.exe Suspicious Connection?

Is the following issue a possible hidden virus/malware, or something that needs an exception?

Bitdefender 2020 reports on my system

Suspicious Connection Blocked

Feature:

Online Threat Prevention

MicrosoftEdge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to markets.books.microsoft.com. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since web pages must renew their certificates with a certification authority to stay current, and outdated security certificates represent a risk.

I ran DISM online restore health command, sfc/scannow confirmed system integrity, quick and full scans by Windows Defender is clean, quick and full scans of Bitdefender 2020 is clean, Malwarebytes scan is clean, Zemana scan is clean.

I also sent data for analysis to Bitdefender, and they say scan is clean, but issue is expired certificate?

Any ideas on how I can fix this issue?

:)

whyohwhy42, Dec 3, 2019

2. Can't Change Default App Back to Google Chrome

Thank you for responding.

I went through the steps but when I got to the Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe screen, MicrosoftEdge is listed without the .exe.

LadyWhite369, Dec 3, 2019
  3. MambaBok Win User
    MicrosoftEdge

Hi,

Thank you that was helpful.

Unfortunately neither of the .exe files seem to work when I click Preview.

• MicrosoftEdge.exe
    • MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe
    I am using Dreamweaver and I am setting up Edge as a Preview Browser.

Thanks in advance

MambaBok, Dec 3, 2019
  4. JustinUA Win User

MicrosoftEdge.exe Suspicious Connection?

"Suspicious Software Blocked" rundll32.exe

I keep getting this popup message from my TrendMicro that a suspicious software has been blocked and the name is rundll32.exe and it is from Microsoft. The message says "For your protection, the program named below was prevented from performing an action
    that could pose a security risk." I realize this is probably a virus but a full system scan on TrendMicro failed to detect anything. Anyone know what this could be and a remedy?

JustinUA, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

MicrosoftEdge.exe Suspicious Connection?

1. MicrosoftEdge.exe Suspicious Connection? - Similar Threads - MicrosoftEdge exe Suspicious

2. Microsoft Suspicious Connection Blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Suspicious Connection Blocked: Hi, My anti virus software threw up the following: Suspicious connection blocked 15 hours ago Feature: Online Threat Prevention MicrosoftEdge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to markets.books.microsoft.com. We blocked the...
  3. suspicious email

suspicious email: Trying to find out if an email I received is really from ms. Have sent in form, redid password. Anything else I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-email/63ded4fa-ebc3-4ad5-93b5-f03459acf1bd"
  4. Suspicious Activity

Suspicious Activity: Hey There, See email below about a service I paid for. I was a Microsoft office home user 18 months ago and experienced issues with my computer, I googled Microsoft Tech Support called the number and they told me I would need a third party to fix the issue. They then...
  5. suspicious file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    suspicious file: .usr_app_ncr.dat this file is located in c:/ user/documents should I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-file/5c672176-5745-499d-b6d7-9c7dc7e47516
  6. Suspicious program

Suspicious program: Attempting to open a .png file in Windows 10. the list of possible apps appears with the "Open With" option but one of the programs has the name "%1" which seems like an illegal name to me. Could this be malicious software?...
  7. Suspicious startup

Suspicious startup: Hi, I just found out every time windows starts it opens a task manager. I also think I'm not using my laptops full potential. How can I check if there is any hidden miner on my laptop?...
  8. Suspicious or Not?

Suspicious or Not?: Received the following from L: unmonitored@microsoft.com:- "We recently received a request to recover your Microsoft account L: sellickd@hotmail.com. Unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate...
  9. Still suspicious someone is hacking my internet connection.

Still suspicious someone is hacking my internet connection.: Hi all, I know most of your responses will be along the lines of 'without more information we can't help you' but, since most of my threads get sidetracked anyway... Can we just post a whole bunch of ways people can think of to hack someone's internet use and/or control...
  10. Suspicious update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Suspicious update: Anyone have any knowledge on this update? KB3016656? I see this in the "Installed Updates" but not in Windows update history. Googling comes up with several inaccessible links to a Chinese facebook page. I wonder if others have it, and what is its purpose. P.S....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. markets.books.microsoft.com

2. markets books

3. markets.books.microsoft.com bitdefender

4. MicrosoftEdge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to markets.books.microsoft.com