Windows 10: MicrosoftEdge.exe Suspicious Connection?

Discus and support MicrosoftEdge.exe Suspicious Connection? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is the following issue a possible hidden virus/malware, or something that needs an exception? Bitdefender 2020 reports on my system Suspicious... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by whyohwhy42, Dec 3, 2019.

1. MicrosoftEdge.exe Suspicious Connection?

Is the following issue a possible hidden virus/malware, or something that needs an exception?

Bitdefender 2020 reports on my system

Suspicious Connection Blocked

Feature:

Online Threat Prevention

MicrosoftEdge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to markets.books.microsoft.com. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since web pages must renew their certificates with a certification authority to stay current, and outdated security certificates represent a risk.

I ran DISM online restore health command, sfc/scannow confirmed system integrity, quick and full scans by Windows Defender is clean, quick and full scans of Bitdefender 2020 is clean, Malwarebytes scan is clean, Zemana scan is clean.

I also sent data for analysis to Bitdefender, and they say scan is clean, but issue is expired certificate?

Any ideas on how I can fix this issue?

:)

whyohwhy42, Dec 3, 2019

2. Can't Change Default App Back to Google Chrome

Thank you for responding.

I went through the steps but when I got to the Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe screen, MicrosoftEdge is listed without the .exe.

LadyWhite369, Dec 3, 2019
  3. MambaBok Win User
    MicrosoftEdge

Hi,

Thank you that was helpful.

Unfortunately neither of the .exe files seem to work when I click Preview.

• MicrosoftEdge.exe
    • MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe
    I am using Dreamweaver and I am setting up Edge as a Preview Browser.

Thanks in advance

MambaBok, Dec 3, 2019
  4. JustinUA Win User

MicrosoftEdge.exe Suspicious Connection?

"Suspicious Software Blocked" rundll32.exe

I keep getting this popup message from my TrendMicro that a suspicious software has been blocked and the name is rundll32.exe and it is from Microsoft. The message says "For your protection, the program named below was prevented from performing an action
    that could pose a security risk." I realize this is probably a virus but a full system scan on TrendMicro failed to detect anything. Anyone know what this could be and a remedy?

JustinUA, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

MicrosoftEdge.exe Suspicious Connection?

1. MicrosoftEdge.exe Suspicious Connection? - Similar Threads - MicrosoftEdge exe Suspicious

2. Suspiciously weak internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspiciously weak internet connection: Hello. Since last night I have a problem that is beyond me.I was in a game and on discord with my friends and suddenly the internet started to be very weak in the sense that it was disconnecting me, but in windows to the internet it appeared that there was a connection.After...
  3. Suspicious connections shown on TPCView.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious connections shown on TPCView.: I recently used TCPView and have found 'svchost.exe' connections with the local address labelled 'fe80::98ed:ed1e:947f:87e0'. I am not familiar with these connections so can someone please tell me what this is, thank you in advance....
  4. Suspicious connections shown on TPCView.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious connections shown on TPCView.: I recently used TCPView and have found 'svchost.exe' connections with the local address labelled 'fe80::98ed:ed1e:947f:87e0'. I am not familiar with these connections so can someone please tell me what this is, thank you in advance....
  5. Suspicious connections shown on TPCView.

6. Gamebar connecting to suspicious IP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamebar connecting to suspicious IP: Recently I was checking ports in the Resource Monitor, I noticed that "Gamebar.exe" was at port 80 listening for the following IP: "72.21.91.29".I seen many people flag this IP as malicious and other people state that is benign and related to the certificate system.So, is...
  7. Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86: Hi, I found a folder in my Program Files x86 folder called MonthPigana. The only thing it contains is a .exe file called MonthPigana.exe. There seems to be nothing else I can find on my pc related to this program, nor could I find any information about it on the internet. I...
  8. Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86: Hi, I found a folder in my Program Files x86 folder called MonthPigana. The only thing it contains is a .exe file called MonthPigana.exe. There seems to be nothing else I can find on my pc related to this program, nor could I find any information about it on the internet. I...
  9. Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86

10. CMD flashes after suspicious exe launch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CMD flashes after suspicious exe launch: Recently i was doing some research on additional software for a game. I saw some vidos on YT and decided to download it even though i knew it could be a shady one. After i downloaded it, i laucnhed .exe file and nothing happened at first. Then it started flashing cmd on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MicrosoftEdge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to markets.books.microsoft.com

2. markets.books.microsoft.com

3. markets.books.microsoft.com certificate

4. microsoftedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to markets.books.microsoft.com.,
  5. MicrosoftEdge.exe Microsoft Edge,
  6. MicrosoftEdge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to markets.books.microsoft.com,
  7. markets books microsoft,
  8. microsoftedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to markets.books.microsoft.com.,
  9. MicrosoftEdge.exe,
  10. MicrosoftEdge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to markets.books.microsoft.com. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since web pages must renew their certificates with a certification authority to s,
  11. market books microsoft suspicious connection,
  12. xpired certificate to markets.books.microsoft.com ,
  13. microsoft books MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate,
  14. MicrosoftEdge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to markets.books.microsoft.co,
  15. MicrosoftEdge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate