Windows 10: Microsoft's Apps[OneNote, News, Microsoft Store, Edge] cannot connect to server

Discus and support Microsoft's Apps[OneNote, News, Microsoft Store, Edge] cannot connect to server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There is something abnormal. I previously meshed up with Hyper V on my computer, and then I disable it from "Turn Windows features on or off".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zwj808, Nov 29, 2019.

1. zwj808 Win User

Microsoft's Apps[OneNote, News, Microsoft Store, Edge] cannot connect to server

There is something abnormal.

I previously meshed up with Hyper V on my computer, and then I disable it from "Turn Windows features on or off".

Everything looks normal, but I suddently realized that my OneNote will not sync anymore, with following message.

Microsoft's Apps[OneNote, News, Microsoft Store, Edge] cannot connect to server 33ede9cd-a66e-4386-b0a6-f1dd51272c7c?upload=true.png

The Microsoft Store also has problem:

Microsoft's Apps[OneNote, News, Microsoft Store, Edge] cannot connect to server [​IMG]
    And the same connection problem for News, Weather, Feedback Hub.

One more is Edge. Edge cannot reach any sites, but Google Chrome can, under the same connection.

What is going wrong? or what further information can I provide to figure out the problem?

:)

zwj808, Nov 29, 2019

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Nov 29, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Nov 29, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft's Apps[OneNote, News, Microsoft Store, Edge] cannot connect to server - Similar Threads - Microsoft's Apps OneNote

2. Microsoft app store and Xbox cannot install or connect to server

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft app store and Xbox cannot install or connect to server: Yesterday I had to reinstall windows on my laptop because I installed a new SSD and the old SSD had windows on it. After reinstalling I wanted to install a game from the Xbox store. However this application says that I am not connected to the internet. After a couple of hours...
  3. Microsoft app store and Xbox cannot install or connect to server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft app store and Xbox cannot install or connect to server: Yesterday I had to reinstall windows on my laptop because I installed a new SSD and the old SSD had windows on it. After reinstalling I wanted to install a game from the Xbox store. However this application says that I am not connected to the internet. After a couple of hours...
  4. Microsoft app store and Xbox cannot install or connect to server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No programs able to connect to server, including Microsoft Store, Microsoft Edge only when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No programs able to connect to server, including Microsoft Store, Microsoft Edge only when...: Hi, my internet is working just fine, as i am on the internet now typing this. The only issue i'm having, and it is very annoying, is it seems one aspect of my computer is unable to connect. Any time i try to connect THROUGH a program/app, it says no connection available....
  6. No programs able to connect to server, including Microsoft Store, Microsoft Edge only when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No programs able to connect to server, including Microsoft Store, Microsoft Edge only when...: Hi, my internet is working just fine, as i am on the internet now typing this. The only issue i'm having, and it is very annoying, is it seems one aspect of my computer is unable to connect. Any time i try to connect THROUGH a program/app, it says no connection available....
  7. Microsoft Edge Server URL Cannot be Reached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Server URL Cannot be Reached: Hi,So the problem started from as follows.I have the following problems from edge://sync-internals/. i.e., I cannot sync my edgesAfter many checks, I realized that I cannot reach any of edge's server URL lised in Diagnose and fix Microsoft Edge sync issues Microsoft Docs. I...
  8. Microsoft Edge Server URL Cannot be Reached

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Server URL Cannot be Reached: Hi,So the problem started from as follows.I have the following problems from edge://sync-internals/. i.e., I cannot sync my edgesAfter many checks, I realized that I cannot reach any of edge's server URL lised in Diagnose and fix Microsoft Edge sync issues Microsoft Docs. I...
  9. Cannot use Microsoft News, Microsoft Weather or Microsoft Store when Connected via VPN

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot use Microsoft News, Microsoft Weather or Microsoft Store when Connected via VPN: I have read other threads with fixes but none of these work for my configuration. I'm using SonicWall VPN and I cannot make the suggested changes in the previous closed threads. How can I use these things while I'm connected through the VPN?...
  10. Cannot connect Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot connect Microsoft Store: The Microsoft Store got a message: "Something bad happened. Unknown layout specified in manifest" when I try to access. Please advise me how to solve this? Thanks....