Windows 10: Microsoft's arrogant assumption of the right to change what is on my computer without even...

Discus and support Microsoft's arrogant assumption of the right to change what is on my computer without even... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 1. Windows 10 Updates occurring in the middle of the day (jamming my computer when I am actually using it for work) - despite a setting blocking (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WDickinson1, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Microsoft's arrogant assumption of the right to change what is on my computer without even...

1. Windows 10 Updates occurring in the middle of the day (jamming my computer when I am actually using it for work) - despite a setting blocking (I thought) looking for updates during normal business hours

2. Launching Word on Startup - when NOTHING should be opened automatically on my computer.

Problem 1 occurred first on January 17 2019 - the day after my 30 Gbyte-hard disk laptop had had Windows 10 brought up to date.

Problem 2 occurred first on February 1 2019 - the day after problem 1 occurred for a second time.

Clearly there is a connection - is there a solution? Or should I simply save up and buy a Mac?

:)

WDickinson1, Feb 6, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Microsoft's arrogant assumption of the right to change what is on my computer without even...

TIRED OF MICROSOFT ARROGANCE

Yesterday, I had the misfortune of installing the update (1511) to the Windows 10 operating system on my laptop computer. Upon completion of the update, I became exceeding distressed and was required to spend over one hour ascertaining which programmes
    they had secretly changed from my preferred default to the ones their hidden geeks think I should have and then reversing these unwarranted changes back to my desired default programmes. (They may now call them "apps", previously known by the USA spelling
    as "programs", but I still speak true English and will not be subject to fad changes). The way their organisation secretly arranged these changes shows arrogance that is beyond belief. To me, any professional organisation would as a minimum include an advice
    that changes to default programmes are an option in the update and an option available to either opt in or out of the changes.

Is there any way for future updates to be installed without these unwarranted changes being inflicted upon us?

In addition, I noted a number of new programmes that had been added to my computer. Many of these I know that I will never use in my lifetime and are simply using space on my computer, however, not all provide an option to 'uninstall'. One example is 'Phone'.
    Is there any known way to remove these programmes from the computer?

I trust Microsoft will learn from this exercise and show maturity in any future updates that may occur.

Eric JTaylor, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft's arrogant assumption of the right to change what is on my computer without even...

1. Microsoft's arrogant assumption of the right to change what is on my computer without even... - Similar Threads - Microsoft's arrogant assumption

2. What gives Microsoft or Windows the right to modify my computer without my permission?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What gives Microsoft or Windows the right to modify my computer without my permission?...: I would appreciate if someone could answer this question. On multiple occasions, either Microsoft365 formerly Office365 or Windows have automatically downloaded and installed updates on my computer. I do realize I can pause these updates...for 7 days. But if I am not...
  3. What gives Microsoft or Windows the right to modify my computer without my permission?...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What gives Microsoft or Windows the right to modify my computer without my permission?...: I would appreciate if someone could answer this question. On multiple occasions, either Microsoft365 formerly Office365 or Windows have automatically downloaded and installed updates on my computer. I do realize I can pause these updates...for 7 days. But if I am not...
  4. The despotic arrogance of Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The despotic arrogance of Microsoft: The despotic arrogance of Microsoft came once again to show over this weekend. On Tuesday evening, August 17 2021 I started QuickBooks as I urgently needed to prepare some statements to be presented Wednesday morning. I last worked on QuickBooks on Friday, August 13, 2021 and...
  5. my computer password is incorrect, even though it's right.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my computer password is incorrect, even though it's right.: Once again, the password is NOT the issue.I've tried all forum solutions like:-Checking keyboard/using on-screen keyboard-Resetting password using install disk-Microsoft account -Rebooting multiple times& the other Troubleshoot solutions did not work for me since it still...
  6. Shutdown computer without admin rights?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown computer without admin rights?: submitted by /u/SilentMediator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m59os7/shutdown_computer_without_admin_rights/
  7. How to change Microsoft Store Account without changing computer's account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to change Microsoft Store Account without changing computer's account: Hi, so I'm trying to install a game on my laptop that I already own, however the account I'm using is different than the one that I am trying to access. Is there a way I can change my store account without changing the laptop's account?...
  8. How to disable microsoft from making changes to my computer without my permission.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to disable microsoft from making changes to my computer without my permission.: First of all before I start, let me say that I am furious with microsoft from making changes to and installing software on MY pc WITHOUT my permission. Nevermind my fury, in my country it is ILLEGAL to tamper with any object in my possession without my permission, it is a...
  9. Perfect support for Rob Koch from Microsoft. Why Microsoft is arrogant!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Perfect support for Rob Koch from Microsoft. Why Microsoft is arrogant!: Greetings to all. this is an exact example of how Microsoft staff are acting here on the support site. Here is a link to the post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-remove-boot-x/3000ea4c-7eef-4dc5-9328-8d8569226903 Mr. Koch. Why was my...
  10. Windows giving incorrect password even without making any changes, now what?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows giving incorrect password even without making any changes, now what?: I tried to recover the password but wifi is off and only turns on if you start windows, tried to enter the safe mode but back to the same login screen, already tried to do advanced restore but give error, remembering that is the password to start windows , it is not the same...