Windows 10: Microsoft's automatic update changed my printer settings and Word template; I want my...

Discus and support Microsoft's automatic update changed my printer settings and Word template; I want my... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft just tried doing one of its automatic updates, which I detest. Now my printer is printing on both sides. How do I undo that? In previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BellaDePaulo, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Microsoft's automatic update changed my printer settings and Word template; I want my...

Microsoft just tried doing one of its automatic updates, which I detest. Now my printer is printing on both sides. How do I undo that?

In previous updates, it knocked out the connection to my printer, so that when I tried to print, nothing happened.

Last time, it screwed up one of my Word templates. I still haven't figured out how to get my custom template back. (Someone else helped me set that up.)

I really hate Microsoft for creating these problems.

:)

BellaDePaulo, Oct 10, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Oct 10, 2018
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Microsoft's automatic update changed my printer settings and Word template; I want my... :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Microsoft's automatic update changed my printer settings and Word template; I want my...

Word & Printer Difficulties

Hi JoMartin1,

Please follow these steps to help you resolve your concern:

Troubleshoot the Word app.

• Open the Word app in safe mode. Starting Word in safe mode can allow you to safely use it when it has encountered certain problems. Press Windows key + R and type this command: word /safe, and click OK.
    • Follow the steps on the Repair an Office application article. It can automatically repair errors in
      Word files.
    • Update the Word app. Go to File > Account > Update Options > Update Now. Installing any important recommendation and optimal updates can often correct problems by replacing out-of-date files and fixing vulnerabilities.
    • Uninstall and reinstall the app. You may refer to this
      link

Troubleshoot the printer.

• Run the Printer troubleshooter. Open settings> Troubleshoot> Printer> Run the troubleshooter> Restart the device.
    • Update the printer driver. Select Device Manager. Expand Printers,
      find your printer in the list, right-click (or press and hold) it, then select Update Driver.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft's automatic update changed my printer settings and Word template; I want my...

1. Microsoft's automatic update changed my printer settings and Word template; I want my... - Similar Threads - Microsoft's automatic update

2. using word and I want to pin a template to my quick access on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using word and I want to pin a template to my quick access on the taskbar: using word and I want to pin a template to my quick access on the taskbarI used to be able to do this but all my pinned docs and templates have gone...
  3. using word and I want to pin a template to my quick access on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    using word and I want to pin a template to my quick access on the taskbar: using word and I want to pin a template to my quick access on the taskbarI used to be able to do this but all my pinned docs and templates have gone...
  4. Word templates

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word templates: I am using Microsoft 365.(Win 10) I use word a lot. This morning I opened Word and I usually see along the top several templates. Blank, and then single space and a few others. All gone except for Blank document What happened? Any suggestions? How do I create a custom...
  5. My Microsoft was automatically deleted and now i can't change it in my computer settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Microsoft was automatically deleted and now i can't change it in my computer settings: my profile on my computer has an associated email, for example: "[email@coolmail.com](mailto:email@coolmail.com)", after some time i started to receive notifications to update / correct my microsoft account. When I clicked to do that it opened a window that asked me to login...
  6. I want to change my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to change my Microsoft Account: I got a new computer and I used a different Microsoft Account than I wanted, even though it's mine, I can't seem to change it. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-my-microsoft-account/5597e400-8101-46fa-a705-c94ad1f46338
  7. I want that on my desktop Automatic wallpaper change

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want that on my desktop Automatic wallpaper change: I want that on my desktop Automatic wallpaper change after some interval in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-that-on-my-desktop-automatic-wallpaper/8106a999-be8c-4286-b67c-4f5c3a4aec91
  8. Word Calendar Template

Word Calendar Template: I am using a Word calendar template. I have created all my calendar entries and save it as a word document. However, each time I open the document it keeps asking me to pick a month - just like a new template. Please help...
  9. Word calendar template

Word calendar template: I am using a Word calendar template. I have created all my calendar entries and save it as a word document. However, each time I open the document it keeps asking me to pick a month - just like a new template. Please help...
  10. I WANT TO CHANGE MY VERIFICATION SETTING ON MY COMPUTER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I WANT TO CHANGE MY VERIFICATION SETTING ON MY COMPUTER: HOW DO I DO THIS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-my-verification-setting-on-my/630adff0-1006-4502-9068-d989d737cf13"