Microsoft's big Windows 10 goal: one billion or bust

Discus and support Microsoft's big Windows 10 goal: one billion or bust in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; For Windows 10, Microsoft is aiming for a 10-digit installed base. That's a 1 followed by 9 zeroes: 1,000,000,000. One billion devices running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 8, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read more: http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...illion-or-bust

:)

Brink, May 8, 2015
  2. LoL:-))) Win User

Threshold 2 Is a Disaster

well Windows 7 is dominating with +50% of the OS share market

and microsoft is going to lose million of users

when microsoft will drop the support for Windows 7

and many business are also using Windows 7

that is already a fact..!!!

conclusions;

microsoft is totally in delusional mode

they set up a goal that in 3 years

they will running windows 10 in one billion devices

and the people are scratching their heads

because they know that there is not way

that 1 billion of users will get in windows 10

for obvious reasons that only microsoft can't understand

obviously in 2018 microsoft is going to lie about it

and claim that they have reach that goal..!

what Microsoft doesn't understand is that

the people are not that stupid

and in the end the People always walk away from dishonesty

it's all about have a valuable alternatives

and those alternatives to windows from microsoft are already here

and those existing alternatives can only get better in our near future

thanks for the general bad attitude of microsoft ..!!!

fk it

I'm going to do what I previously told you right now

LoL:-))), May 8, 2015
  3. dozrguy Win User
    windows 10 cant install

Be happy, very very happy!

Windows10 is nowhere near being a finished piece of software ready for the billions of computers that microsoft has set their goal to eat up!

dozrguy, May 8, 2015
  4. fracking4oil Win User

In two to 3 years they'll be nearing their goal in new PC sales alone, not to speak of PCs that will upgrade to Win 10. This should be easy for MS. It seems to me that the goal of a billion users, rather than devices, would be more of a logical goal for MS; or at least one that won't be so easily reached.

fracking4oil, May 8, 2015
  5. Layback Bear Win User
    When you add in all the counterfeit Windows 7 upgrading to Windows 10 from China alone should make a Billion a easy target.

It would be a great goal to reach if it was a Billion paying customers.

Layback Bear, May 14, 2015
  6. knightcrusader Win User
    Didn't they just clarify that whole "counterfeit/hacked" versions of Windows 7 get a free upgrade thing as being a misunderstanding? I thought I read that somewhere.

I wish they would also extend the offer to people on capable machines that still run XP or Vista. They want people off XP as much as possible and Vista will be next to go (even thought the user share isn't that high anyway), and many of the systems that are still running those two (mostly Core 2 at this point I think) are capable of running Windows 8, so Win 10 shouldn't be a problem at all for them. Plus it will add to their target of 1 billion.

knightcrusader, May 16, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    They are counting PC's, Smart Phones, Tablet's, Surface Things, and Laptops. Many people own at least 3 of those devices so 1 Billion is really not that unreachable sine they are counting devices and not users.

Gary, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft's big Windows 10 goal: one billion or bust - Similar Threads - Microsoft's big goal

2. Microsoft Photos does not work - file system error -2147219196

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Photos does not work - file system error -2147219196: Microsoft Photos stopped working and started giving the above error message in the last week or so. I have installed all the updates. I have searched on google and bing but nothing comes up for this error message. I can view and/or modify my pictures in other apps...
  3. Microsoft’s OneDrive desktop client for Windows 10 to get a big update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s OneDrive desktop client for Windows 10 to get a big update: Microsoft is preparing a new update for OneDrive desktop client on Windows 10. Earlier this week, senior OneDrive PM Stephen Rose highlighted some new features for OneDrive app and it’s arriving later this month with battery life improvements. Microsoft is also adding other...
  4. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games, cannot sync with cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games, cannot sync with cloud: I have tried reinstalling Microsoft Ultimate Word games and I have tried deleting the account associated with MUWG and I still cannot get the game to sync with the cloud. The Microsoft Solitaire game has no issues on my machine. Please help. Thanks....
  5. Microsoft To-Do for Windows 10 is getting a big update with Dark Theme

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft To-Do for Windows 10 is getting a big update with Dark Theme: Microsoft To Do is an awesome app that helps you to get things done. The best thing about the app is that it is available in Android, iOS and of course Windows. By saying Windows we mean both PC and Mobile. The app looks similar and works perfectly on all these platforms. It...
  6. Microsoft Edge is getting a big update with Windows 10 Preview Build 17704

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge is getting a big update with Windows 10 Preview Build 17704: Windows 10 Build 17704 comes with a long list of new features, improvements, bug fixes and of course, known issues. Windows 10 Build 17704 is also updating Microsoft Edge browser with a new settings page, Fluent Design improvements and much more. First and foremost,...
  7. What to expect from Microsoft’s next big Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 News
    What to expect from Microsoft’s next big Windows 10 update: Microsoft last month released Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Windows 10 version 1803 codenamed Redstone 4 will be pushed automatically to systems that are considered to be fully compatible in the coming weeks. By the summer, the update would become available for download on...
  8. Microsoft wins big at Mobile World Congress 2015

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft wins big at Mobile World Congress 2015: Welcome back to another edition of Weekend Reading, with stories about Mobile World Congress, the Game Developers Conference and the new preview of Office 2016 for Mac. At Mobile World Congress, Microsoft racked up 10 awards, including Best Mobile Tablet (Surface Pro 3),...
  9. Microsoft Rallies for the Big Game with NFL and Xbox Fan Experiences

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Rallies for the Big Game with NFL and Xbox Fan Experiences: Microsoft and the NFL have come together this year to bring the best experiences to loyal fans in celebration of the Big Game. From high-stakes Madden NFL 17 tournaments to special appearances by NFL football legends at local Microsoft Stores to exclusive hands-on activations...
  10. Microsoft's big decision: Who gets a free upgrade to Win10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's big decision: Who gets a free upgrade to Win10: One of Microsoft's biggest decisions this year will be whom to charge for Windows 10, and the dollar figure on the price sticker. Hints of that decision could come as early as Jan. 21, when Microsoft executives will not only unveil the next iteration in Windows 10's string...