Windows 10: Microsoft's broken Family settings have stopped me from using Chrome although I should be...

Discus and support Microsoft's broken Family settings have stopped me from using Chrome although I should be... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently started using an Xbox One as a media device. I am under 18 (16) so it would not allow me to use Spotify. It said I would be able to if I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ludo_NE, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Ludo_NE Win User

Microsoft's broken Family settings have stopped me from using Chrome although I should be...

I recently started using an Xbox One as a media device. I am under 18 (16) so it would not allow me to use Spotify. It said I would be able to if I joined a Microsoft family and was given permission. I joined with my dad as the parent account and I could use the apps I wanted. However, when I went back onto my laptop, which I have been using with no problems for over 2 years, and found that I could no longer access apps such as chrome. This is emblematic of the poor implementation of Microsoft accounts across devices. Pressing a button on one device that I barely use, just to try and listen to some music, has stopped me from accessing the application I use the most on my main device. Strangely, although Chrome and Firefox are blocked Microsoft's own attempt at a browser, Edge, is unblocked even though there is no difference in the potentially explicit content that could be accessed on it. I have been using Edge for a few months now and have found it a much worse experience. If I try to use chrome, it says I can ask for permission by email but when I press the button, It comes up with an error saying: Something went wrong. We're working on it - try again in a little bit. In an attempt to fix the problem, my dad removed me from the family group entirely but I still get the same error message. This has been an incredibly frustrating few months because of this.

:)

Ludo_NE, Jul 25, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Family Features blocking google chrome

Hi Taylor,

It is possible that there is an issue with the Family settings. This can be the reason why you're unable to use Google Chrome. We recommend that you check you family settings by accessing account.microsoft.com/family
    to see Google Chrome is added to restricted applications.

If you're already an adult in your family settings, we suggest removing your account from your family settings and see if you will be able to access Google Chrome. We also suggest creating a new Microsoft account, and then add that account to your family
    as an adult. These steps will allow us to verify if there is an issue with your family settings or if there is an issue with your original Microsoft account.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Microsoft family blocking chrome

Hello
    MayceHoag,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Microsoft's broken Family settings have stopped me from using Chrome although I should be...

Microsoft Family features won't let me use Google Chrome.

Hi Bradley,

Setting up Microsoft Family features on will help your kids safe online. If you're unable to access Chrome, we suggest that you perform these steps:

• Change your Microsoft account to a Local User account in Windows 10. Please refer to Greg Carmack - Windows MVP's post on this

link
      for the steps on how to.
    • After that, connect your account again as a Microsoft Account login. Check this

Wiki Article
      created by Andre Da costa for the steps.

Do let us know should you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft's broken Family settings have stopped me from using Chrome although I should be...

1. Microsoft's broken Family settings have stopped me from using Chrome although I should be... - Similar Threads - Microsoft's broken Family

2. My settings are all on but i cannot comment on news articles although i have not broken...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My settings are all on but i cannot comment on news articles although i have not broken...: My notification settings are all on but i cannot comment on articles although my profile says i have not broken any community guidelines. Can we fix this please?...
  3. Microsoft family is broken

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family is broken: Recently my son has had issues getting on to his desktop because windows says hes offline so he cant send requests. This is quite frustrating as he needs this computer to do his work. Is there anyway he can send a request from his phone or laptop?...
  4. Microsoft family is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family is broken: Recently my son has had issues getting on to his desktop because windows says hes offline so he cant send requests. This is quite frustrating as he needs this computer to do his work. Is there anyway he can send a request from his phone or laptop?...
  5. Microsoft family is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft Family Features stopping me from using browsers other than edge?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Family Features stopping me from using browsers other than edge?: When I try to open chrome or firefox I get a messages saying "You'll need to ask to use this app!" If I click ask, no email is sent. Is there a way to fix?...
  7. Microsoft family features won't let me use Google Chrome

Microsoft family features won't let me use Google Chrome: Hi. I am a kid but really need google Chrome for school. My parents and I have done every thing we have changed my age allowed google chrome we have restated my laptop multiple times we have removed me from the family group and all that stuff. This all happened when I updated...
  8. Microsoft Family Broken

Microsoft Family Broken: My son's laptop is locked. Says wont unlock for another 6 days... If you select request more time.... nothing If you select my parent is here.. it prompts for permission... then takes you to an error screen saying "since you Are an administrator you must send request......
  9. Microsoft family features blocking chrome after i have left the family

Microsoft family features blocking chrome after i have left the family: So I recently installed windows 10 on my home computer and everything seemed to work fine until I opened chrome. Chrome wouldn't open and told me to ask a parents permission. I quickly got to the bottom of that since I had no other accounts connected to mine to my knowledge....
  10. Microsoft Family keeps locking me out, although I am no longer part of the Microsoft family...

Microsoft Family keeps locking me out, although I am no longer part of the Microsoft family...: On Friday, May 24, I graduated high school and my parents fulfilled their promise of removing the restrictions from my microsoft account and removing the time restrictions they had set. It would lock me out at 11:00 every night. Anyway, they as well got me a laptop which is...