Windows 10: Microsoft's CEO Says Cortana's Going to Kill the Browser

Discus and support Microsoft's CEO Says Cortana's Going to Kill the Browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Personal assistants will search the web for everything Microsoft's putting a lot of effort into Cortana, the company's personal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Microsoft's CEO Says Cortana's Going to Kill the Browser

Microsoft's CEO Says Cortana's Going to Kill the Browser [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/micro...r-496186.shtml

Cluster Head, Nov 14, 2015
  2. jfreemont Win User

We'll see. I bet Chrome is here longer than Cortana is.

:)

jfreemont, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Cannot update defender get error code 0x80072F8F.

Do you work for Microsoft? It says CEO? How did you know the fix?

cindyhaynes, Nov 14, 2015
  4. Microsoft's CEO Says Cortana's Going to Kill the Browser

Cortana is possessed, how to make it go away?

Almost any mouse gesture makes Cortana send out a tone, then either maximize to take up 1/4 of my screen on the left side, or the smaller 1/8 Cortana presence. Cortana responds to the louder commercials on the television, and went off to connect me to the
    Duluth Trading Company! It isn't even that loud, but the speakers are good. I don't see how Cortana can be considered helpful when I constantly have to X it down (but never off. Even killing it through task manager only lasts a few seconds), in order to
    see my screen. Even when I use Cortana to look something up, there's no difference between typing my query in a browser and typing it in Cortana, except that I can set the browser to filter if need be. If anything, using Cortana is adding an extra step to
    search (it doesn't respond accurately to verbal requests to search), and who needs that? I already have to deal with Cortana distracting me when I use the touch pad. This is an ADHD nightmare, adding a constant distraction to the already prone to being distracted.
    I spent an hour trying to kill Cortana today, walked away in frustration from something important yesterday because Cortana was just too annoying. Is there anyway to turn Cortana off? I figured I should ask before I go into into Program Files and start deleting.
    If it isn't necessary for the functioning of the computer it should be made optional.

So, is there any way to turn off/disable/kill Cortana?

sam8988378, Nov 14, 2015
  5. DooGie Win User
    Same for Firefox.

DooGie, Nov 14, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Nov 14, 2015
  7. Burgurne Win User
    #2 I really hope you're right!! Here in Denmark we don't have Cortana at all!! And missing a browser these days without a substitution is quite difficult *Smile

Burgurne, Nov 14, 2015
  8. Microsoft's CEO Says Cortana's Going to Kill the Browser

No way Cortana is Microsoft baby like Edge is, both work together well.

hTconeM9user, Nov 14, 2015
  9. RonCFL Win User
    *Ditto ....

They are very good with ...
    Microsoft's CEO Says Cortana's Going to Kill the Browser [​IMG]

I really hope so though... Amen ..!

RonCFL, Nov 14, 2015
  10. DooGie Win User
    DooGie, Nov 14, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    Avid Firefox User for years

jds63, Nov 14, 2015
  12. strollin Win User
    Both Edge and Cortana are interesting toys at this point but neither can really get the job done. Maybe in a few years they might start getting useful, until then I'll continue to use FireFox.

strollin, Nov 14, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

Microsoft's CEO Says Cortana's Going to Kill the Browser

With a microphone can do some interesting things Cortana for you.

jds63, Nov 14, 2015
  14. DooGie Win User
    Not really interesting but some are pretty funny.

Ask her who her father is for instance. Ask her for other cruder favours and you get a short response *Smile

DooGie, Nov 15, 2015
  15. jds63 Win User
    Have not tried myself, just recall talks on it here and what i read online.Thinking it favors a mobile device more.

jds63, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft's CEO Says Cortana's Going to Kill the Browser

1. Microsoft's CEO Says Cortana's Going to Kill the Browser - Similar Threads - Microsoft's CEO Says

2. Microsoft UK CEO email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft UK CEO email address: I need to send an email to the MS UK CEO, but the address provided *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is not "deliverable". Does anyone have the correct, up-to-date address, please?...
  3. Microsoft UK CEO email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft UK CEO email address: I need to send an email to the MS UK CEO, but the address provided *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is not "deliverable". Does anyone have the correct, up-to-date address, please?...
  4. How to kill Cortana / Edge?

in Cortana
    How to kill Cortana / Edge?: This has been asked previously. However, no real answer has been provided - how do you stop Cortana eating ram and processing cycles? Failing that, how do I stonewall Cortana so she's not telling her creators everything about me? I realise I'm not the best at hiding my...
  5. How DID I kill Cortana?

How DID I kill Cortana?: There are 2 PCs - my Old PC and my New PC. Both are running Windows 10 v1809. Old PC is running Home Edition, New PC is running Pro Edition Somehow, I was able to completely remove Cortana from my Search App on Old PC. But I can't for the life of me remember how I did that....
  6. How DID I kill Cortana?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How DID I kill Cortana?: There are 2 PCs - my Old PC and my New PC. Both are running Windows 10 v1809. Old PC is running Home Edition, New PC is running Pro Edition Somehow, I was able to completely remove Cortana from my Search App on Old PC. But I can't for the life of me remember how I did that....
  7. Is microsoft killing cortana

Is microsoft killing cortana: Is Microsoft killing Cortana because I saw a news article that it is so is it true https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-microsoft-killing-cortana/38cb7a9c-359f-433b-a3d5-cf3fe1e5b5db
  8. Ex Opera CEO releases new browser Vivaldi

in Browsers and Email
    Ex Opera CEO releases new browser Vivaldi: I installed this today it's called the Vivaldi Technical Preview. It not even like Opera. 3830
  9. Mozilla CEO slams Microsoft over Windows 10 browser defaults

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla CEO slams Microsoft over Windows 10 browser defaults: In an open letter to Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, Mozilla CEO Chris Beard accuses Microsoft of hobbling users' browser choices by making Edge the default browser in the next generation of its operating system and called on the tech giant to reverse what he called an...
  10. Microsoft's CEO Says Windows 10 Is Here to Change the...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's CEO Says Windows 10 Is Here to Change the...: Windows 10 is already in development right now and Microsoft promised to release new updates for the official Technical Preview builds on a regular basis in anticipation of the final launch of the operating system which could take place in spring 2015. Since the new OS is...