Windows 10: Microsoft's CEO Says Cortana's Going to Kill the Browser

Discus and support Microsoft's CEO Says Cortana's Going to Kill the Browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If Cortana was a real person and not just a computer app she would kick some major booty. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Atomic77 Win User

Microsoft's CEO Says Cortana's Going to Kill the Browser

If Cortana was a real person and not just a computer app she would kick some major booty.

Atomic77, Nov 15, 2015
  2. DooGie Win User

Yes I've only tried it on my Windows phone not my PC. I stay away from Cortana on that *Biggrin

DooGie, Nov 15, 2015
  3. xeleron Win User
    As long as you are the only person in the room.I tried her both on windows 10 and on windows phone and she is capable of basic stuff(such as opening a music player,reading SMS or that),but the issue is that she listens to pretty much everything in the room so if you have a loud tv or non-english speakers(that's me since I live in Romania but I speak english to her) she will not understand you.

xeleron, Nov 15, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Maybe i need to try it one day instead of just reading about it, but i do not have a mic right now, heard it's best to have a good one.

jds63, Nov 15, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
  6. tomseys Win User
    I use Cortana a little on my Nokia Windows phone 635 and in that context it is sometimes helpful.
    Don't really need it on my PC.

tomseys, Nov 15, 2015
  7. Contana is great on the PC as well really helps you

hTconeM9user, Nov 15, 2015
  8. DooGie Win User

Errr sorry but no.

DooGie, Nov 15, 2015
  9. groze Win User
    What about people that have speech problems or hearing impaired they wouldn't be able to talk to Cortana? They can still type some stuff in. Is Microsoft going to have some type of captioning?

I don't speak that well myself.

I have issue without Cortana
    Insider preview- Cortana was able understand me a little
    First Release to public Cortana couldn't even hear me.
    Threshold release haven't tested yet.

Let say we have company over and I want to pay a bill, I sure wouldn't want to speak out my password. Is Nadella in a dream world? What if you live in apartment with thin walls, do you want you neighbor to here you taking to your device?

In my opinion, I really don't think Cortana could do all the stuff you do when you are on line. Like these forums forum example.

What if you want to stay up late and get on the internet, speaking would disturb the other person in your household.

If I have to speak to a computer to use it, that will be the day I stop using computers.

groze, Nov 15, 2015
  10. I don't use Cortana on my PC because it (she?) told me that I have to set up a Microsoft account. I will re-consider when that requirement is done away with. Hopefully we'll be able to change the name... I'd like to be able to use my wife's name. "Hello Deb!"

AllenChicago, Nov 15, 2015
  11. Antilope Win User
    Apple and Google have had similar apps out for several years but still haven't diminished regular browser use. I can't see Microsofts apps having any significant effect either. Interesting toys, but time will tell. Dragon NaturallySpeaking has been around in some form for 15 years, yet most people still type things manually.

Antilope, Nov 15, 2015
  12. unifex Win User
    What about all kinds of corporate software that runs within a browser? Is Cortana going to replace that? Seriously, a lot of people are using computers for something more important than music, photos, and web search.

P.S. In fact, I have search and indexing disabled completely on my PC. What's there for Cortana to do? Will it calculate integrals for me?

unifex, Nov 15, 2015
  13. Dean73 Win User

I don't think so, no way MS another trip on the foot *Smile

Don't blame me though everything seems fine until MS takes the wrong path....

Dean73, Nov 15, 2015
  14. well maybe if they added extension and what not I would give it a try. idc about cortana or use it at all. I don't use it don't want Microsoft tracking me. i have already removed and turned off some much crap. and idc about drawing or writing on things i have a thinkpad and a desktop idc about touch and i hate it. if bb had apps i would still have a bb with a keyboard.
    i will probably never use cortana tracking sending all that data no thank you
    i've had a iphone for 4 or 5 years and still never use siri. find it annoying and useless. and since i turn half the crap off for location it doesnt work. plus with my accent it never hears me right. i dont need that nonsense

darkschneider94, Nov 24, 2015
  15. Atomic77 Win User
    you don't need a microphone for Cortana you can ask a question by typing it into the box and she will tell you stuff.

Atomic77, Nov 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft's CEO Says Cortana's Going to Kill the Browser - Similar Threads - Microsoft's CEO Says

2. Microsoft UK CEO email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft UK CEO email address: I need to send an email to the MS UK CEO, but the address provided *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is not "deliverable". Does anyone have the correct, up-to-date address, please?...
  3. Microsoft UK CEO email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft UK CEO email address: I need to send an email to the MS UK CEO, but the address provided *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is not "deliverable". Does anyone have the correct, up-to-date address, please?...
  4. How to kill Cortana / Edge?

in Cortana
    How to kill Cortana / Edge?: This has been asked previously. However, no real answer has been provided - how do you stop Cortana eating ram and processing cycles? Failing that, how do I stonewall Cortana so she's not telling her creators everything about me? I realise I'm not the best at hiding my...
  5. How DID I kill Cortana?

How DID I kill Cortana?: There are 2 PCs - my Old PC and my New PC. Both are running Windows 10 v1809. Old PC is running Home Edition, New PC is running Pro Edition Somehow, I was able to completely remove Cortana from my Search App on Old PC. But I can't for the life of me remember how I did that....
  6. How DID I kill Cortana?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How DID I kill Cortana?: There are 2 PCs - my Old PC and my New PC. Both are running Windows 10 v1809. Old PC is running Home Edition, New PC is running Pro Edition Somehow, I was able to completely remove Cortana from my Search App on Old PC. But I can't for the life of me remember how I did that....
  7. Is microsoft killing cortana

Is microsoft killing cortana: Is Microsoft killing Cortana because I saw a news article that it is so is it true https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-microsoft-killing-cortana/38cb7a9c-359f-433b-a3d5-cf3fe1e5b5db
  8. Ex Opera CEO releases new browser Vivaldi

in Browsers and Email
    Ex Opera CEO releases new browser Vivaldi: I installed this today it's called the Vivaldi Technical Preview. It not even like Opera. 3830
  9. Mozilla CEO slams Microsoft over Windows 10 browser defaults

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla CEO slams Microsoft over Windows 10 browser defaults: In an open letter to Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, Mozilla CEO Chris Beard accuses Microsoft of hobbling users' browser choices by making Edge the default browser in the next generation of its operating system and called on the tech giant to reverse what he called an...
  10. Microsoft's CEO Says Windows 10 Is Here to Change the...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's CEO Says Windows 10 Is Here to Change the...: Windows 10 is already in development right now and Microsoft promised to release new updates for the official Technical Preview builds on a regular basis in anticipation of the final launch of the operating system which could take place in spring 2015. Since the new OS is...