Windows 10: Microsoft’s Chromium Edge will also get autoplay media blocker

Discus and support Microsoft’s Chromium Edge will also get autoplay media blocker in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is testing several new features for its new Edge browser on Windows 10, including Collections and better privacy tools. Microsoft is working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 12, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft’s Chromium Edge will also get autoplay media blocker

Microsoft is testing several new features for its new Edge browser on Windows 10, including Collections and better privacy tools. Microsoft is working on another nifty feature that would allow you to configure autoplay media settings and it’ll be similar to what we have in old Edge.

Microsoft Edge engineer Kyle Pflug confirmed that autoplay setting is coming to new Edge, but there’s no ETA at the moment.

In a tweet, Kyle noted that the feature will have global and per site setting, delivering the experience that we already have in old Edge. At the moment, Chromium Edge does not allow users to block the autoplay videos.

We’re working on adding a global and per-site setting similar to what we have in the current version of Edge Microsoft’s Chromium Edge will also get autoplay media blocker 1f60a.png

— Kyle Pflug (@kylealden) June 11, 2019

Other improvements

Microsoft is also working on improving the scrolling performance of the browser and it remains to be the main focus of the engineering team.

At Build 2019 developer conference, Microsoft also teased a new privacy dashboard for Edge.

The new privacy dashboard aims to make things easier to understand for users. Edge will have a dashboard featuring three levels of privacy – unrestricted, balanced, and strict. The privacy tool is designed to block or restrict trackers and cookies.

• Unrestricted: This will allow all trackers and you’ll also see personalized ads. When the unrestricted mode is turned on, sites will function correctly.
    • Balanced: This mode aims to blocks trackers from unvisited sites, but you’ll continue to see advertisements based on other sites that you visited recently. Sites will continue to function smoothly in Balanced level.
    • Strict: As the name suggests, it will potential trackers and ads will be reduced as well, but this could break some sites.

Microsoft recently revealed its intention to bring improved autoscrolling to Chromium-based browsers, including Edge and Chrome.

The post Microsoft’s Chromium Edge will also get autoplay media blocker appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 12, 2019

2. Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

Microsoft’s Chromium Edge will also get autoplay media blocker autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 12, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Microsoft’s Chromium Edge will also get autoplay media blocker

Change the Region for Microsoft Edge Chromium

I live in the US but gonna move. I’d like to know how I can change the region for Microsoft Edge Chromium?
    MicrosoftEdge_X64_75.0.111.0

**Original Title**

Microsoft Edge Chromium

Brian Rices, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft’s Chromium Edge will also get autoplay media blocker

1. Microsoft’s Chromium Edge will also get autoplay media blocker - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s Chromium Edge

2. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Hi folks, So I recently decided to download the new Edge Chromium and I like it, but I have a question. Everytime I open the browser there are around 5-13 instances of it running in task manager when I only have one window open and only one tab. Why is that? 156765
  3. Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta: [ATTACH] with the latest update version 83.0.478.25 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) it now lets you Sync Extensions from Google Chrome note i taken the picture from my other computer that has Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta on it then the one that im using to post this...
  4. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  5. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  6. How to turn off media autoplay in new chromium edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to turn off media autoplay in new chromium edge browser: Does anyone know how to turn off media autoplay for a web site in the new edge browser? I found a setting in the settings section but take a look at this text and see if you can understand what this means: [img] "Media will be blocked based upon what you've blocked in the...
  7. YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 News
    YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge: Microsoft Chromium Edge is off to a steady start and browser has been praised by the community. While Google welcomed Microsoft to the ‘open-source’ Chromium community, some of the big services owned Google is not functioning properly in the new Edge. Earlier today, users...
  8. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: I live in the US but gonna move. I’d like to know how I can change the region for Microsoft Edge Chromium? MicrosoftEdge_X64_75.0.111.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-chromium/90e60d5d-9c1e-4058-8f2f-b7c69b510b0f
  9. Google Drive also marks Chromium-based Microsoft Edge as unsupported

in Windows 10 News
    Google Drive also marks Chromium-based Microsoft Edge as unsupported: After Google Meet and Google Doc, Google Drive is also marked as unsupported in Chromium-powered Microsoft Edge. Microsoft Edge uses Chromium that also powers Google Chrome, but due to Google’s whitelisting policy, the new browser has been marked as unsupported. If you...
  10. Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to...