Windows 10: Microsoft’s Cortana might respond better to your feelings in future

Discus and support Microsoft’s Cortana might respond better to your feelings in future in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft insists Cortana for Windows 10 is here to stay and improvements for the digital assistant are planned. Microsoft recently added a new version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 30, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft’s Cortana might respond better to your feelings in future

Microsoft insists Cortana for Windows 10 is here to stay and improvements for the digital assistant are planned. Microsoft recently added a new version of Cortana to the Microsoft Store and a new patent from the Redmond giant has revealed that Cortana might get better at responding to your feelings.

Spotted by us, a new patent titled ‘PROVIDING EMOTIONAL CARE IN A SESSION’ was filed by Microsoft in January 2018 and published by WIPO on July 18, 2019. The patent suggests that Cortana could get better at remembering previous parts of conversations and offer better contextual responses.

Cortana will also create or obtain a user profile that would have information on the user’s emotion.

“A user profile of the user may be obtained. A first group of textual descriptions may be generated from the first group of images based at least on emotion information in the user profile. A first memory record may be created based at least on the first group of images and the first group of textual descriptions,” the patent explains.

Microsoft has shared more technical background in the patent application:

The electronic conversational agent may provide the emotional care in a session with the user. The electronic conversational agent may be, such as, a chatbot. Conventionally, a chatbot may conduct automated sessions with a user. Herein, “session” may refer to a time-continuous dialog between two chatting participants and may include messages and responses in the dialog, wherein “message” refers to any information input by the user, e.g., queries from the user, answers of the user to questions from the chatbot, opinions of the user, etc., and “response” refers to any information provided by the chatbot, e.g., answers of the chatbot to questions from the user, comments of the chatbot, etc. The term “message” and the term “query” may also be interchangeably used.

The post Microsoft’s Cortana might respond better to your feelings in future appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

cortana not responding

Hello,

There are a number of reasons why Cortana has stopped working on your device. To better assist you, we would like you to answer the following questions:

• Is this issue happening to all of your commands?
    • Have you checked your mic if it’s working properly?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . This article contains steps that you can perform to address your query.

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Cortana not responding once opened

Hi Barry,

To better assist you, kindly please provide the following information:

• When does the issue start?
    • Is Cortana not responding to any command?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you restart your Cortana from its Settings page. Disable Cortana and its function, then re-enable it again to check if will help you to make it work.

If you still encountered the same concern, we recommend that you restart the Cortana processes by performing the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar, then select Task Manager.
    • Click More details.
    • Find Cortana under Processes.
    • Select Cortana, then click End Task.

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Microsoft’s Cortana might respond better to your feelings in future

Cortana Does Not Respond to "Hey, Cortana"

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide us with the below information;

• Did you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

• Does the Cortana search tool work properly?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps resolve the issue;

• Right click on the
      speaker icon in the lower right hand corner of your desktop.
    • Select "Recording Devices".
    • Select your main input microphone.
    • Speak into the microphone.
    • Note the sound level meter. You want the level meter to peak every so often at the top of the bar but still show good bounce during your spoken text.
    • Ensure the microphone input is still selected and
      click properties
    • Click the Levels tab.
    • If you have a microphone boost set it in the middle.
    • Now adjust the microphone gain by moving the slider.

10. Click “Apply” and verify that the level meter is responding as described in step 5.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to refer to the below link and try the troubleshooting methods and check if it helps;

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft’s Cortana might respond better to your feelings in future

1. Microsoft’s Cortana might respond better to your feelings in future - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s Cortana might

2. is cortana better than alexa

in Cortana
    is cortana better than alexa: I need to set up Cortana or Alexa I know which one to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-cortana-better-than-alexa/415fa570-41d8-4a86-92e1-423af2e72035
  3. is cortana better than alexa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is cortana better than alexa: I need to set up Cortana or Alexa I know which one to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-cortana-better-than-alexa/415fa570-41d8-4a86-92e1-423af2e72035
  4. is cortana better than alexa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana is not responding

in Cortana
    Cortana is not responding: Hi All, I recently bought surface book. OS is upgraded to latest. When I open the Cortana, it opens up and waiting for my voice. Even though, I speak something, Cortana is not Responding back. I used voice recorder application to test, which was working perfectly....
  6. Cortana is not responding?

Cortana is not responding?: I use Windows 10 home edition, I have 32 gig of ram and more hard drive space than I will ever use! My problem is that I an a Windows Insider who allows preview builds. After the latest build and cumulative update, when trying to use Cortana I get a message: "Sorry but...
  7. Cortana is not responding?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana is not responding?: I use Windows 10 home edition, I have 32 gig of ram and more hard drive space than I will ever use! My problem is that I an a Windows Insider who allows preview builds. After the latest build and cumulative update, when trying to use Cortana I get a message: "Sorry but...
  8. Cortana is not responding

in Cortana
    Cortana is not responding: My Cortana is not responding anymore since I have upgraded to Window 10 (1903). It worked just fine before the upgrade but now I cannot the Cortana to hear me ( the microphone and speakers work just fine). I tried everything but nothing is working....
  9. Cortana and Future?

Cortana and Future?: recently I read more about Cortana in random websites and according to them she is still in beta phase /alpha phase in certain regions and it's still not available for most of regions, Cortana analyzes the way we type, our voices and the data in our PC and sends them to...
  10. Cortana for Windows 10 Mobile may not require your location in future

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana for Windows 10 Mobile may not require your location in future: Cortana for Windows 10 Mobile may not require your location in future updates Microsoft preparing new change in Redstone update [img] Cortana for Windows devices is a useful service, providing at a glance daily planer functionality and other useful features....