Windows 10: microsoft's crappy "pci lock" feature destroyed my pc...

Discus and support microsoft's crappy "pci lock" feature destroyed my pc... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; well ok .....maybe i'm exxaggerating a little... but it killed my sabertooth r2/0 mobo, my fx9370 processor and my 900w Sagan PSU i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by espyorkshireman, Jul 13, 2020.

1. microsoft's crappy "pci lock" feature destroyed my pc...

well ok .....maybe i'm exxaggerating a little...

but it killed my sabertooth r2/0 mobo, my fx9370 processor and my 900w Sagan PSU

i went to msconfig advanced.. ticked the checkbox for pci lock........machine asked to reboot...and win 10 crashed and locked up after posting or is this the pci lock? sarcasm...i was forced to manually shut dowm the machine......and it would not restrart...

My q ....why is there no warnings whatsoever when I used this pc killer function?.....why are ms such ****?

:)

espyorkshireman, Jul 13, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Olafchief Win User
    Asus AC68 PCI-E Wireless adapter not working after Windows update (Code 38)

As the title suggests, after the most recent Windows update (brought my version of Windows to 1803), my Asus AC68 PCI-E Wireless adapter ceased to function. According to Device Manager, it was a "code 38" error (Windows cannot load the device driver
    for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory.)

Multiple searches have suggested that this is because of an issue with AMD processors, but this is not my situation as I have a Intel based processor.

I have attempted the following troubleshooting steps (without success)

• Uninstall and reinstall the driver
    • Use to "PCI lock" function in msconfig
    • Restore my computer to a previous state
    • Delete the Asus software
    • Change PCI port of my card

The only step I could take that did work was to restore a previous version of Windows (it brought me back to version 1709). So, for the moment my card works again, but my PC wants to update again, and I feel like this whole process will begin again if I
    do so. For the record, I have already been in touch with Asus support, and they have been less than helpful (some of the steps taken above were at their suggestion). Thank you in advance for any advice.

Olafchief, Jul 13, 2020
  4. microsoft's crappy "pci lock" feature destroyed my pc...

sound card for my intel dq57tm motherboard

Audigy Rx, a very solid one. Xonars are blacklisted due to crappy drivers in my suggestion lists.

Oh, it has a PCI...

CHEAPES X-FI on fleabay. It will work fine... for ~20$

Ferrum Master, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

microsoft's crappy "pci lock" feature destroyed my pc...

1. microsoft's crappy "pci lock" feature destroyed my pc... - Similar Threads - microsoft's crappy pci

2. Windows updates destroyed my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates destroyed my pc: When i updated windows my pc constantly crashed and now it won't even start before recent updates no problems but now it's destroyed i dont even know what to do my pc isn't even that old and its not like i have the money to buy a new pc what can i do...
  3. Windows updates destroyed my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates destroyed my pc: When i updated windows my pc constantly crashed and now it won't even start before recent updates no problems but now it's destroyed i dont even know what to do my pc isn't even that old and its not like i have the money to buy a new pc what can i do...
  4. Pc stuck at repair after enabling PCI lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck at repair after enabling PCI lock: So i was messing around in msconfig and enabled PCI lock, and my pc keeps goinf back to the repair page, not even safe mode starts. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuck-at-repair-after-enabling-pci-lock/8d0e5728-6baf-471f-9110-f4b2344d7644
  5. Pc stuck at repair after enabling PCI lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc stuck at repair after enabling PCI lock: So i was messing around in msconfig and enabled PCI lock, and my pc keeps goinf back to the repair page, not even safe mode starts. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuck-at-repair-after-enabling-pci-lock/8d0e5728-6baf-471f-9110-f4b2344d7644
  6. Windows destroyed my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows destroyed my PC: I installed windows 10 on my PC, everything went well, even the part of copying the files to the disk, after that, he restarted, made some settings, restarted again, but there was no image, until now this image and the pc is new, now what? what will it be? should it be a...
  7. Pci lock

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pci lock: PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME I ACCIDENTLY ENABLE PCI LOCK AND NOW ITS NOT TURNING ON PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pci-lock/38608be5-f605-47f6-9b0d-0b9a1e8c14f1
  8. Crappy Updates

Crappy Updates: Why is there no recourse when an update takes your laptop down causing it to be unusable? It is a Microsoft problem and they should be held accountable for shoddy work!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crappy-updates/2dc5e1cd-a02e-4acb-8189-4db1151e4ed5
  9. Microsoft update has destroyed my pc

Microsoft update has destroyed my pc: This is making me sick in my stomach. You guys make it impossible to sue you then you ruin everyone's PC I think maybe I will open a RICO case on you friggin ass and see if that sticks....
  10. Windows 10 destroyed my pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 destroyed my pc: Hi Windows 10 has been good to from the start to the latest updates. First it wouldn't let me use my keyboard anymore, and yes it works on any other computer I have. From yesterday until to day, it won't start anymore. Windows 7, here I come again. It is an old...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pci lock crash