Windows 10: Microsoft's Hotfix service is no longer available

Discus and support Microsoft's Hotfix service is no longer available in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It appears that Microsoft retired the company's Hotfix service for its Windows operating system and Microsoft Easy Fix solutions. System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 8, 2018.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft's Hotfix service is no longer available

It appears that Microsoft retired the company's Hotfix service for its Windows operating system and Microsoft Easy Fix solutions.

System administrators and users who attempt to download hotfixes from Microsoft's website are greeted with a "This hotfix is no longer available message".

The entire message reads:

The Hotfix service is no longer available. Instead you can find your fix or patch by upgrading to the latest update available for your product.

You can also obtain Microsoft drivers, software updates, and other support files by downloading them from the Microsoft Catalog, the Microsoft Download Center, or upgrade to Windows 10. Windows 10 contains the most up-to-date security and other features built right in.

Microsoft suggests that devices are updated to the latest version to patch the issue and that drivers, software updates, or support files can be downloaded from various Microsoft services.

Microsoft's Hotfix service is no longer available hotfix-service-windows-not-available.png

Microsoft released hotfixes in the past to address critical issues on Windows PCs. Examples include: a hotfix that fixed a corruption issue in Windows 7, another to improve the printing performance on Windows 7, and a third to address a security issue in Internet Explorer.

Hotfixes were provided as separate downloads that administrators could install on Windows PCs to fix certain issues on the devices. These were temporary in nature, usually, as Microsoft integrated the patches into updates that it released at a later point in time to all users usually.

Microsoft did not make any announcement in regards to the retiring of the hotfix service to the best of my knowledge. I contacted Microsoft to find out more about the shutdown of the service but have not heard back from Microsoft. I will update the article with additional information if Microsoft responds.

Hotfixes are still listed on the Microsoft Update Catalog website. A search for hotfix on the catalog website returns more than 1000 items (1000 is the hard limit and the output is limited to the first 1000 results on the catalog website).

It is interesting to note that the Support pages of hotfixes are still available, and that the download links still work. Some download links open the Microsoft Hotfix Index site while others the Microsoft Update Catalog website to download the hotfix.

This suggests that previous hotfixes are still available when you dig deep enough.

Microsoft announced the end of support for Microsoft Easy Fix solutions as well. Microsoft Easy Fix was known as Fix It previously.

Microsoft notes that solutions are no longer supported and that downloads have been removed.

You might have tried to download a Microsoft Easy Fix solution (formerly referred to as a “Fix It”). Easy Fix solutions are no longer supported or offered for download.

The company suggests that users run the Troubleshooter that is integrated in the client version of the Windows operating system to fix issues.

Closing Words

When did Microsoft release the last hotfix for a Windows operating system? The last hotfix release for Windows 8 happened in 2015 and the last release for Windwos Server 2012 R2 in 2016 according to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.

No hotfixes are listed for Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016 according to the site.

Now You: Did you install hotfixes in the past on Windows PCs? (via Born)

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft's Hotfix service is no longer available appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 8, 2018

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Nov 8, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows Vista SLI and CrossFire Hotfix (KB936710)

Consider the following scenario:
    • You have a Windows Vista-based computer that uses a high-performance video card.
    • This video card uses multiple graphics processing units (GPUs).
    In this scenario, the computer's graphics performance seems to indicate that only a single GPU is being used. This problem occurs because the operating system does not forward driver-render requests to the secondary GPU. Microsoft issued today this hotfix (KB936710) which is strongly recomended for systems that are experiencing this specific problem. The patch applies to all Windows Vista 32/64-bit versions.

Hotfix KB936710 Microsoft SLI and CrossFire Windows Vista 32/64-bit

Source: Microsoft

malware, Nov 8, 2018
  4. venla Win User

Nvidia HotFix for SLI issues GeForce Hotfix driver 355.80

Announcing GeForce Hotfix driver 355.80 (Released 8/25/15)

Error | NVIDIA

Today we released a new Hotfix driver 355.80 that addresses the following issue:

• Excessive virtual memory consumption for SLI configurations running Windows 10

venla, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft's Hotfix service is no longer available - Similar Threads - Microsoft's Hotfix service

2. Looking for a particular hotfix. Doesn't appear available online.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for a particular hotfix. Doesn't appear available online.: Hello,I am looking for a hotfix for Server 2008 R2. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2726399I can't seem to download it from the link above or even request it from Microsoft. Trying to find out how to get the thing. Thank you,Lucas...
  3. Looking for a particular hotfix. Doesn't appear available online.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a particular hotfix. Doesn't appear available online.: Hello,I am looking for a hotfix for Server 2008 R2. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2726399I can't seem to download it from the link above or even request it from Microsoft. Trying to find out how to get the thing. Thank you,Lucas...
  4. PIN No longer available

in Windows 10 Customization
    PIN No longer available: How do I fix this? I only replace my motherboard and CPU, and I can't sign in because only airplane mode shows up. I've tried resetting the PC, startup, deleting updates, etc. Nothing seems to work at all. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated....
  5. PIN no longer available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN no longer available: Yesterday, the motherboard of my PC was replaced by Dell Technician. When I switched on the PC after the completion of service and setup of some things already done by the Dell technician, it showed "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on...
  6. Bluetooth no longer available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth no longer available: While I was using my laptop with my bluetooth mouse, the mouse suddenly stopped working. When I went into my settings, the bluetooth toggle button, which had been there earlier, had disappeared. I had not downloaded any new updates, drivers, or files from the internet. I went...
  7. PIN No Longer Available But Microsoft Won’t Change It

PIN No Longer Available But Microsoft Won’t Change It: Hi, so this is pretty much my last resort for fixing this problem. I received my computer yesterday night after getting it repaired new motherboard. It turned on fine but Microsoft refused to let me go onto my computer without making a new PIN. So I clicked on the button that...
  8. "service not available."

"service not available.": My Win 10 home machine spontaneously put up a screen for me to change browser settings, and I declined to make any changes. Then it wanted me to enter my login email, then password because I was accessing "sensitive information" I wasn't accessing anything, in fact I want all...
  9. This in-app purchase is no longer available in Microsoft Jigsaw.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This in-app purchase is no longer available in Microsoft Jigsaw.: I keep getting this message: "This in-app purchase is no longer available in Microsoft Jigsaw." followed by a bunch of coding in brackets, when I try to play the game. I've done a reset, uninstall and re-install, but I still can't play the game. I tried it on another...
  10. Pin no longer available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin no longer available: we ought my mom a new computer and set it up. The next day we tried to open it and a screen comes up and says pin is no loner avaialbe due to change in security settings. It says to go to sett8ngs account sign in options but we canr even get there. What do we do?...