Windows 10: Microsoft’s latest patent takes the phone caller ID feature to next level

Discus and support Microsoft’s latest patent takes the phone caller ID feature to next level in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft’s latest patent hints at a unique concept that would improve the caller ID feature on our devices. The patent application in the question has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 15, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft’s latest patent takes the phone caller ID feature to next level

Microsoft’s latest patent hints at a unique concept that would improve the caller ID feature on our devices. The patent application in the question has nothing to do with the rumoured devices such as Andromeda.

First discovered by us, a patent titled “Cross Device Companion Application For Phone” was published by USPTO on 13th September 2018 and it was filed by Microsoft on 14th May 2018. The patent is quite interesting as it has explained a system that will feature advanced caller ID.

In the patent application, Microsoft explains that the system would not only indentify the party but also the intention for a call and an action.

“Before caller-id, someone receiving a phone call had no idea who was calling. After caller-id, the recipient might have known who was calling, but wouldn’t have known why. Even if the recipient knew who was calling and why, the recipient still might have had to take several actions to find documents and applications that were relevant to the phone call. Thus, phone calls were often seen as intrusions and may have been ignored rather than answered because the recipient had neither the time nor inclination to experience a context shift,” Microsoft writes in the background section of the patent.

The patent further explains that Microsoft’s system could generate a to-do list automatically based on the intentions, the actions, and on subject matter or content discussed or accessed during the [business] call.

Microsoft’s latest patent takes the phone caller ID feature to next level Microsoft-patent-for-caller-ID-system.jpg

Microsoft has explained the patent method below:

“Example apparatus and methods concern establishing context for a phone call. A computing device is controlled to display content and applications that are relevant for the call during the call. A party on the call is identified using data received from a phone used by the party. The relevant content and the relevant application are identified using actions (e.g., purchase to make, call to make) and intentions (e.g., family matter, business matter) identified in text provided in a text-based transcript of the call. The text-based transcript is provided in real time by a natural language processing (NLP) service during the call. The devices are controlled to selectively present the relevant content and the relevant application to make the call more automated and more productive. A to-do list is automatically generated based on the intentions, the actions, and on subject matter or content discussed or accessed during the call”.

The post Microsoft’s latest patent takes the phone caller ID feature to next level appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 15, 2018

2. caller ID

Hi,

To show the Caller ID, please follow these simple steps:

• From the Start screen, swipe left.
    • Scroll and tap Phone.
    • Tap the Menu icon.
    • Tap Settings/call settings.
    • Tap the Show my caller ID to drop-down.
    • Tap to select the desired option from the list.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards

Dennis Zac, Sep 15, 2018
  3. SaiZo Win User
    VoIP problems (Caller ID specific)

Ok, I have found out that the Caller ID unit I own is outdated, it works with cordless DECT type phones connected directly to the IGW-2000, and shows the numbers of incoming call.

Thanks for the help, Sasqui!

SaiZo, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

VoIP problems (Caller ID specific)

Rather strange, becuase the caller ID protocol shouldn't have changed.

Can you borrow a newer caller-id ready phone from a freind and see if that works before you buy the one they're selling? Or... find someplace local that sells caller ID units and try one out.

Sasqui, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft’s latest patent takes the phone caller ID feature to next level - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s latest patent

2. This prodect id coverd by one or more of the following patents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This prodect id coverd by one or more of the following patents: Before my laptop turn on this message Intel UNDI, PXE-2. 1 (build 083) Copyr ight (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation This Product is covered by one or more of the follouing patents: US6,570,884, US6,115,776 and US6,327,625 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Series v2.64...
  3. Microsoft Account Verification, no caller ID sometimes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Verification, no caller ID sometimes: Greetings, When logging in to my company's VPN, after providing password, I receive a phone call from Microsoft's "Account Verification" system. I'm prompted to press the "#" key and the system reports my account has been successfully verified. Usually that phone call...
  4. Your Phone caller ID on Win10 is always Unknown.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone caller ID on Win10 is always Unknown.: I have this issue where the caller-ID is always shown as Unknown on my PC while it shows the name on my phone. I am on the Insider Slow-ring. The bluetooth settings on my phone is set to "Share conacts". Anyone else with the same issue, or a suggestion on how to solve...
  5. Your Phone not showing names caller id for messages received

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone not showing names caller id for messages received: I see only the phone number the message is from. I did import all of my contacts from other accounts to my MS acct. Anyone else having this issue? What might I be doing wrong?...
  6. Error Event ID 17 Caller DC040780

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Event ID 17 Caller DC040780: Who is Windows 10 Caller DC040789 and why does it fail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-event-id-17-caller-dc040780/5ed46b03-3df0-4e9e-9ce8-6b3f5bbd5141
  7. Microsoft patent details foldable device’s orientation features

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft patent details foldable device’s orientation features: Microsoft is continuing its development of a folding device and more hints have been dropped in a new patent application uncovered by us. A new patent from Microsoft has revealed how a foldable phone can use a hardware-based orientation-specific actuator to control its...
  8. DirectX Feature Level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX Feature Level: I have recently updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 but the software package I'm trying to run has an error message saying I need feature level 11 on the DirectX but I only have up to feature level 10. I have DirectX 12 on the laptop. How do I update the feature?...
  9. caller id

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    caller id: When will Microsoft have it's own caller id for Windows Phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caller-id/4378eed1-59ee-40d4-b47b-b7c816aa13ac
  10. Microsoft’s latest patent addresses misalignment issue of dual-display system

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s latest patent addresses misalignment issue of dual-display system: Microsoft has patented yet another design for a dual-display device. The latest patent is about “multi-display systems” which could be a traditional desktop, notebook or table computers, hand-held personal digital assistants (PDAs). It appears that the patent has nothing to...