Windows 10: Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10 could launch in preview soon

Discus and support Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10 could launch in preview soon in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft last year confirmed that it has decided to work on Chromium-powered Edge, the platform on which Google Chrome runs. Microsoft is expected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 28, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10 could launch in preview soon

Microsoft last year confirmed that it has decided to work on Chromium-powered Edge, the platform on which Google Chrome runs. Microsoft is expected to release first and early build of its Chromium-based browser very soon but the company hasn’t announced any ETA.

Some early screenshots of the underdevelopment browser recently appeared online, pointing to an intimate release of Chromium-based Edge preview builds.

The image revealed that Microsoft isn’t planning to change the icon of the Chromium-based Edge, It will come with the same design as the earlier logo and Microsoft is using a yellow icon for the Canary version.

1 of 2
    Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10 could launch in preview soon LetsBuildTogether.jpg
    Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10 could launch in preview soon Chromium-Edge-browser-1-420x420.jpg

As you can see in the above screenshot, there’s mention of “CAN” label on the icon which indicates the browser is in Canary development stage.

The Redmond Giant hasn’t announced any ETA as to when will it be releasing the first build of its new Chromium-based browser. Microsoft could share more details of new Chromium-based Edge at its upcoming Build developer event this spring.

The new Microsoft Edge browser is expected to improve the browsing experience for all users but will retain the features of the current EdgeHTML based browser,

Microsoft Edge for Android updated with Picture in Picture mode

Today, Microsoft also released a new update for its Edge browser on Android. The latest update brings Picture in Picture Mode for Android users.

The PiP feature allows users to watch videos while browsing the web without having to close the videos. This feature was already released to the iOS users some time ago and now its available for Android platform as well.

However, if you are looking to use the PiP feature on Android, then you should be running the latest Android 8.0 Oreo on your device since the feature is not supported on the earlier version of Android.

The post Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10 could launch in preview soon appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 28, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website

And the holes in the Firewall begin*sarc

Firewall before extensions

Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10 could launch in preview soon [​IMG]

Firewall after extensions

Cliff S, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10 could launch in preview soon

MicroSoft Edge doesn't launch; a "Element not found" error window pop up

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are not able to launch EDGE browser.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Right click on Microsoft EDGE.
    • Go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click
      end task.
    Step 2:

As you have performed SFC scan, this issue may occur if the user account is corrupt, I suggest you to create the new user account and check if it helps.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10 could launch in preview soon

1. Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10 could launch in preview soon - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s Edge browser

2. Microsoft Edge could soon have a touch optimized UI.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge could soon have a touch optimized UI.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/yp37a4/microsoft_edge_could_soon_have_a_touch_optimized/
  3. Microsoft could soon announce “The New Windows”

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft could soon announce “The New Windows”: Microsoft is reportedly planning to announce a new version of Windows 10 and the company might consider marketing Windows 10X or the big Sun Valley upgrade as “the new Windows.” The release date is still uncertain, but the announcement or teaser is not expected until at least...
  4. New Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Microsoft Edge browser: Since installing the new Edge browser my text size seems to have gone smaller and is fuzzy and difficult to read. I have the same problem now when I use other browsers as well as the new Edge browser. Needless to say I had no problems before installing the new browser....
  5. How to customize the new Microsoft Edge Browser in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to customize the new Microsoft Edge Browser in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browser is compatible with Windows 10/8/7 as well as Android, macOS and iOS. The browser comes with a brilliant new […] This post How to customize the new Microsoft Edge Browser in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Microsoft updates Edge browser for Windows 10 with new feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Edge browser for Windows 10 with new feature: Microsoft is rolling out a new update for both Microsoft Edge Dev and Canary versions on Windows 10. The latest update to Microsoft Edge Canary comes with support for Grammar tools which were available in the previous Microsoft Edge browser. The grammar tools can be used in...
  7. Microsoft Edge for Windows 10 not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge for Windows 10 not launching: Hello, Recently, I updated the drivers on my laptop. I can open Microsoft Edge but its not loading. However, I am able to open my yahoo email. What are the steps I need to take? Thank You, Donna Conley...
  8. Microsoft’s new Edge browser preview is coming soon but there’s no ETA

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s new Edge browser preview is coming soon but there’s no ETA: Microsoft last year announced that the company is planning to replace Edge, which uses the home-grown EdgeHTML rendering engine, with a new browser under the same brand. Microsoft’s new Chromium-based browser will use Blink, a rendering engine that currently powers Google...
  9. How to launch new Microsoft Edge Browser with admin rights?

in Browsers and Email
    How to launch new Microsoft Edge Browser with admin rights?: Hi guys, So we have these tools that need elevated rights within IE to install correctly. In windows 7 we always did the right click, run as admin thing. However, now after the upgrade and Edge there seems to be no availability to run it as admin. Tried all the icons &...
  10. Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website: Dedicated Microsoft Edge extensions page revealed early as new Redstone build nears [img] A user by the name of H0x0d on Twitter appears to have found a dedicated webpage from Microsoft asking Windows Insiders to begin testing Extensions for Microsoft Edge. The...