Windows 10: Microsoft's obsession with piracy threatens Windows 10 licensing mess

Discus and support Microsoft's obsession with piracy threatens Windows 10 licensing mess in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft's obsession with piracy threatens to create a Windows 10 licensing mess Microsoft wants everyone to run Windows 10. They're so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Microsoft's obsession with piracy threatens Windows 10 licensing mess

Microsoft's obsession with piracy threatens to create a Windows 10 licensing mess

Microsoft's obsession with piracy threatens to create a Windows 10 licensing mess | ZDNet

:)

Borg 386, Mar 22, 2015

2. Can't activate windows after Windows 10 fall creators update

Yeah, looks like you will have to invest in a genuine license to get this sorted. You might want to use this opportunity to report what happened to Microsoft Piracy:

Protect Yourself from Piracy - Microsoft

https://www.microsoft.com/piracy/ReportingUs.mspx

Andre Da Costa, Mar 22, 2015
  3. Windows 10 reseller - legit or not

We are volunteers willing to help you try to resolve this issue.

Compare prices to the Microsoft Store.

When you see heavily discounted prices like that a red flag should go up those are not legitimate licenses. Likely they will work for a short while until Microsoft realizes they are selling the same license over and over and stops it.

Anti-Piracy Hotline 1-800-785-3448 (RU-LEGIT)

Microsoft Piracy email - piracy@microsoft.com

Business Software Alliance piracy hot line 1-888-667-4722 (NO-PIRACY)

and their e-mail - software@bsa.org.

This should help :

How to tell

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/defaul...

Reporting Software Piracy

http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/reporting/defau...

Protect yourself from Piracy

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/piracy/default.aspx

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Mar 22, 2015
  4. machare Win User

I would not expect them to make upgrades to pirated copies free, but I would expect them to allow me to upgrade the copy of Windows 7 on my laptop which they keep telling me is not genuine possibly because I changed the hard drive for a larger SSD.

machare, Mar 22, 2015
  5. Honestly, I fail to see how refusing to give Win7 pirates free, "supported" versions of Win10 makes Windows licensing "less sensible" and "more onerous". I'm surprised that MS is willing to even consider upgrading pirate versions of Win7 at all!

Mark Phelps, Mar 23, 2015
  6. BillyBob Win User
    Just ring them up, it's mostly automatic anyway, I just recently did the same thing and it all got fixed.

BillyBob, Mar 23, 2015
  7. BillyBob Win User
    I'm surprised as well, I suppose it's better getting rid of Windows 7 and XP once and for all and concentrating on one Operating system. Microsoft should have done something like this years ago, I wish they would have done it with Windows 8 which is a great operating system, I will never understand why people needed a Start Menu and Aero.

BillyBob, Mar 23, 2015
  8. Microsoft's obsession with piracy threatens Windows 10 licensing mess

Ed Bott explained his opinion in the article.

MS wouldn't have to have people manning the phones to deal with false "illegal installation" issues (like with WGA).

No doubt that people who like the Start Menu will never understand why you aren't annoyed by the unnecessary full screen toggling of the Start Screen.

lehnerus2000, Mar 23, 2015
  9. BillyBob Win User
    All you had to do was type on the screen for your app and up it comes, not so hard, or drag the screen up and there's all your apps in alphabetical order. Or one click and you're on the desktop, but then that one click annoyed about 3/4 of Windows users.
    In my opinion 8 was the easiest OS ever, it just needed a few minutes to get used to it.
    Now Microsoft is trying to please everyone on the planet and it's showing in 10, it's becoming a buggy mess with a little bit of everyone's idea of what an OS should be. It's looking a bit like a Platypus, but knowing Microsoft they'll fix it up and hopefully please at least 20% of the population until they learn how to use it.

BillyBob, Mar 23, 2015
  10. badrobot Win User
    I am sure it's a different distro of Win 10. Just a platform with features that you need to buy from Win Store to make the platform usable. Something lower than Home Basic. Like a Starter. A bait. Nothing is FREE.

badrobot, Mar 23, 2015
  11. If you reinstalled using the code on the COA sticker, just do the phone activation and that should fix it.

alphanumeric, Mar 23, 2015
  12. I didn't get it either. If your current install is non genuine, Windows 10 will be non genuine/not activated. A 30 day trial or something. You'll get nagged to buy/enter a product code and activate. I don't see the licensing confusion, it's not licensed.

13. Microsoft's obsession with piracy threatens Windows 10 licensing mess

MS are still trying to "please themselves".
    It's just like the W8.1 fake Start Menu button.

I don't know anyone who asked for this Hybrid Start Menu/Screen thing.

The solution to the issue has been the same ever since W8DP; a simple "Use Start Menu" or "Use Start Screen" tick box.

The fact that they won't do it, even though it would eliminate the majority of complaints, leads to two possible conclusions:
    • They are idiots
    • They have ulterior motives

lehnerus2000, Mar 23, 2015
  14. If that hybrid start menu/start screen ends up being the only choice you can count me out. I do not like it at all. As far as the buggy part goes, its a preview release, an unfinished product, what part of that do you not understand? Microsoft has clearly stated that the preview releases will contain bugs.

15. BillyBob Win User
    I understand fully, it's just that Windows 10 is the first OS I've had major problems with, and I think it's because they're trying to please too many people at once, probably because most people either didn't like or couldn't use Windows 8.
    They're trying to bring back Aero and the Start Menu and there are still people complaining they don't like the Stop button. To me it's starting to look a bit messy and it's because they're trying to please everyone, which they will never do, this is Microsoft after all, the company who hasn't done anything right since DOS according to a lot of people.
    I know they'll fix everything up they always have and it will be better than before, I have every confidence in Microsoft, I just wish they'd stop trying to please everyone.
    I can understand why Bill Gates left the company, I would have done exactly the same thing.

BillyBob, Mar 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft's obsession with piracy threatens Windows 10 licensing mess - Similar Threads - Microsoft's obsession piracy

2. Which email address to report Microsoft piracy to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which email address to report Microsoft piracy to: Which email address to report Microsoft piracy to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-email-address-to-report-microsoft-piracy-to/5b627b62-9671-46b1-837f-67502f4d4030
  3. Which email address to report Microsoft piracy to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which email address to report Microsoft piracy to: Which email address to report Microsoft piracy to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-email-address-to-report-microsoft-piracy-to/5b627b62-9671-46b1-837f-67502f4d4030
  4. Which email address to report Microsoft piracy to

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. VL Piracy email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VL Piracy email: Hi,we have received emails regarding VL Piracy asking us to respond to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** emails do not look legitimate and we have not responded?Can anyone confirm if this is a legitimate Microsoft query and email....
  6. VL Piracy email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VL Piracy email: Hi,we have received emails regarding VL Piracy asking us to respond to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** emails do not look legitimate and we have not responded?Can anyone confirm if this is a legitimate Microsoft query and email....
  7. windows 10 genuine or piracy

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 genuine or piracy: I have bought a refurbished laptopwindows 10. I don't want to cheat windows 10. so I am sharing a screen shot with you people.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-genuine-or-piracy/fa1c74c4-d001-458f-adab-97f8ecacd789
  8. Windows 10 license on MS Account mess.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 license on MS Account mess.: My old Dell laptop came with a Windows 8.1 license which was fully upgraded to Windows 10 when It was released, later when I installed Windows 10 Pro on my Desktop, once I logged in my MS account the windows lincense got automatically activaded. Recently my desktop died and...
  9. piracy / crack

piracy / crack: There are many threads in which the OP has a computer with piracy /crack. Tools or methods are in use to bypass the activation of software. Does the website allow the piracy / crack for non-Microsoft software? For example the OP could fraudulently bypass the activation...
  10. Is running Windows 10 inactivated software piracy?

Is running Windows 10 inactivated software piracy?: So, I was thinking about building a PC, and I heard you could run Windows 10 inactivated. Apparently, it would give you a 30 day free trial, and when the trial ended, you would lose customisation features. However, when I was using PcPartPicker, I made a post on the forums....