Windows 10: Microsoft’s Office app for Windows 10 is getting a big upgrade

Discus and support Microsoft’s Office app for Windows 10 is getting a big upgrade in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has been slowly ditching native apps with Progressive Web Apps in the Windows Store. In 2019, Microsoft replaced the native Windows app “My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 29, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft’s Office app for Windows 10 is getting a big upgrade

Microsoft has been slowly ditching native apps with Progressive Web Apps in the Windows Store. In 2019, Microsoft replaced the native Windows app “My Office” with “Office”, which is essentially a web app that allows anyone to access Office.com without opening a browser.

Microsoft is now working on a new version of the Office app that will replace the app currently available and act as a central hub for Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. The new Office app aims to provide a more useful way for users to search, upload and view Office documents for free.

Though the Office hub has always been a web app, this new version will be based on the latest web technology (presumably WebView 2). As a result, the brand-new Office app for Windows 10 will offer improved performance, reliability, and more.

In addition to performance improvements, Microsoft is also introducing a new feature that will allow users to open more than one instance of the web app at the same time.

Microsoft is not changing the interface of the new web app, but there’ll be a few noticable improvements. For example, Microsoft is introducing a new cleaner app header and the navigation button is being retained for tablet users.

Microsoft’s Office app for Windows 10 is getting a big upgrade Office-app-upgrade.jpg

As per a statement from the company, the new Office app will begin rolling out in early June and it would become available for everyone by the end of the month.

“Users without Win32 [traditional paid Office apps] installed will be able to view files directly in the Office App for Desktop, and be able to compare documents [by launching multiple instances of the app],” the company said in a new message posted on Microsoft 365 Admin Portal.

For those unaware, the Office app is based on Office.com and it is free to use with some limitations. It also comes preinstalled with Windows 10 November 2019 Update or newer, and users don’t need an Office 365 subscription to use it.

If you don’t have it installed for some reasons, you can always install it from the Microsoft Store manually.

The post Microsoft’s Office app for Windows 10 is getting a big upgrade appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 29, 2021
  2. Kaapstad Win User

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

That will be a first

Microsoft getting any version of office to run properly on Windows 10.*Big Grin Microsoft’s Office app for Windows 10 is getting a big upgrade :D

Kaapstad, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2021
  4. Microsoft’s Office app for Windows 10 is getting a big upgrade

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

I'm fairly sure I could get office 97 and up to run on 10... I can check on wednesday when I get my NAS back up if you insist...

ZeDestructor, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft’s Office app for Windows 10 is getting a big upgrade

1. Microsoft’s Office app for Windows 10 is getting a big upgrade - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s Office app

2. Windows 10 apps big

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 apps big: Out of boredom, I mashed random keys on my Windows 10 PC. Suddenly, all my apps are misaligned, big and stacked on top of each other, making it difficult to click on any of them....
  3. Windows 10 apps big

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 apps big: Out of boredom, I mashed random keys on my Windows 10 PC. Suddenly, all my apps are misaligned, big and stacked on top of each other, making it difficult to click on any of them....
  4. Windows 10 apps big

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Task Manager is getting a big upgrade with new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Task Manager is getting a big upgrade with new features: Windows 10 Task Manager is an important bit of desktop functionality that can be improved with support for new controls. In recent preview builds, Windows Task Manager has been graced with not one but two new features, which includes a new option to reduce system resources...
  6. Microsoft hints at a big Windows 10 upgrade with visual revamp

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft hints at a big Windows 10 upgrade with visual revamp: We all know that the Windows 10 21H2 ‘Sun Valley’ Update is going to be a big deal for the operating system, but now – after Microsoft published new documentation – we finally have an official confirmation. According to numerous rumours, Windows 10’s desktop interface will...
  7. Upgrade Microsoft Office

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Upgrade Microsoft Office: I need to upgrade my Microsoft Office to the latest version. Can I simply install the new software and expect it to overwrite the existing version, or must I uninstall the version currently installed in my computer before installing the latest release? Running Windows...
  8. Office 2016 for Windows gets a big update on Insider rings

in Windows 10 News
    Office 2016 for Windows gets a big update on Insider rings: Microsoft has just released Office 2016 Build 10813.20004 for Insiders. The updated version of Office 2016 is out for Windows desktop and you can download it on any supported version of the operating system. It seems to be a big update with a long list of new features and...
  9. Twitter’s PWA app for Windows 10 is getting a big update

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter’s PWA app for Windows 10 is getting a big update: Last month, Twitter made their new Progressive Web App (PWA) for Windows 10 official and confirmed that they are still committed to Microsoft’s desktop platform. Twitter today in a series of tweets announced that they are updating the Windows 10 app with support for night...
  10. Microsoft's big decision: Who gets a free upgrade to Win10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's big decision: Who gets a free upgrade to Win10: One of Microsoft's biggest decisions this year will be whom to charge for Windows 10, and the dollar figure on the price sticker. Hints of that decision could come as early as Jan. 21, when Microsoft executives will not only unveil the next iteration in Windows 10's string...