Windows 10: Microsoft’s official website for Edge Extensions goes live.....

Discus and support Microsoft’s official website for Edge Extensions goes live..... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft’s official website for Edge Extensions goes live ahead of official release [img] Microsoft is expected to release Extensions for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Microsoft’s official website for Edge Extensions goes live.....

Microsoft’s official website for Edge Extensions goes live ahead of official release

Microsoft’s official website for Edge Extensions goes live..... [​IMG]

Read more: http://mspoweruser.com/microsofts-of...ahead-release/

Update: Microsoft has pulled the page but you can still view the cached version here:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20160314...ge/extensions/

:)

Cluster Head, Mar 14, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

ad blocker

The "Microsoft Forum Moderator" strikes again with another irrelevant answer.

Open Settings > System > Apps and features to see a list of the software installed on your computer. Your ad blocker will likely be included as a component of one of the programs you see there.

It's also possible that you have an ad blocking extension in Microsoft Edge. This is less likely to be the case, however, because Microsoft Edge does not have default extensions. You have to add them yourself, and you would know if you added an ad blocking
    extension. Nevertheless, instructions for seeing which extensions are installed, if any, are included in

this page
    from Microsoft's website.

BulldogXX, Mar 14, 2016
  3. John Ado Win User
    microsoft Edge

Hi,

Can we verify if you are running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update? Managing Extension is only available in that build. If so, open Microsoft Edge and select
    More > Extensions > Get extensions from the Store. Select the extension you want, and select
    Free to install it.

Once the installation is complete, switch back to Microsoft Edge. Read the notification about what the extension will be allowed to do, and select
    Turn on.

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Mar 14, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Microsoft’s official website for Edge Extensions goes live.....

Thanks for the update.. I'll be checking this out!

BunnyJ, Mar 14, 2016
  5. gtspeck Win User
    Go figure! MS teaser, now you see it, now you don't... Thanks for info*chuckle

gtspeck, Mar 15, 2016
  6. Ex_Brit Win User
    They should make a movie out of this,, oh wait, they already did, sort of..! *Cool*Smile

Ex_Brit, Mar 15, 2016
  7. Yes looks good once fully released to us for every day use
    Looking forward to using it

hTconeM9user, Mar 15, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

I would be lying if I said " Anxious to use it ", because I don't even know there is such a term associated with a browser.
    Perhaps someone please educate me on how Edge Extension works ?
    Thank you.

davidhk, Mar 15, 2016
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    I would think it's going to be like any other app from the store. You simply install it and it connect to the browser, Edge.

BunnyJ, Mar 15, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.
    But how to use it ?

davidhk, Mar 15, 2016
  11. Looking at it there will be 2 extra additions added in where the 3 dots are in top right hand corner

12. BunnyJ New Member
    I think that will take you to the store for the update/addition.

BunnyJ, Mar 15, 2016
  13. BunnyJ New Member

That's going to depend on what the extension will do and I suspect they will run just like extensions will work in say,, Chrome or FF.

BunnyJ, Mar 15, 2016
  14. yes most likely will

15. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.

davidhk, Mar 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Microsoft’s official website for Edge Extensions goes live..... - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s official website

2. An extension and microsoft edge issue

in Cortana
    An extension and microsoft edge issue: Hi all, recently i have been trying out edge, and well i have a few issues, first of all, i have an extension that is unremovable installed on the browser called apps, and it is installed by an organisation, I have no organisation, i bought my laptop brand new from Argos UK,...
  3. Malicious flag for Microsoft Official Website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malicious flag for Microsoft Official Website: Why did one of the vendor Quttera flag MALICIOUS for Microsoft's Official Website in VirusTotal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malicious-flag-for-microsoft-official-website/17744723-e845-448c-8caf-bf35d42aed90
  4. Blocking Edge extension and set blocked website

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blocking Edge extension and set blocked website: I am using Windows 10 home version. I find it is difficult to block installing edge extension in edge browser and my child can easily access any website they wish. I seek the internet and find a way to edit registry by adding Extensions registry string 0. But it does not...
  5. is this the official website?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is this the official website?: [IMG] is that the official website?:www.google.com.703501542409261.windows-update-service.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-this-the-official-website/49e6e0fe-19db-4bd8-8935-943f026698b7
  6. The all new Microsoft Edge Add-ons website is now live

in Windows 10 News
    The all new Microsoft Edge Add-ons website is now live: Hello Insider community, We're thrilled to announce that the redesigned Microsoft Edge Add-ons website is now available to all users. The redesign addresses several key concerns highlighted by users around discovery and usability of the platform. Philosophy With this...
  7. Avast officially launches Online Security extension for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Avast officially launches Online Security extension for Microsoft Edge: Avast Online Security extension is available in the Microsoft Store for almost two months now but it was officially announced in a blog post yesterday. In release notes of Avast Antivirus version 18.6.2349, the antivirus and security firm announced that the new extension...
  8. Microsoft Edge Extensions gets official info page ahead of release

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Extensions gets official info page ahead of release: Now, via MSPoweruser, we have the first real hint at what Edge extensions might look like in their initial preview mode, thanks to a dedicated page on Microsoft’s developer site. So far, it’s looking like we’ll have three extensions to try out when they’re enabled in the next...
  9. Living on the (Microsoft) Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Living on the (Microsoft) Edge: For the past few weeks, I’ve been using Microsoft Edge instead of Chrome where possible. This is a lot easier with the Windows 10 Anniversary update, which includes numerous Edge improvements. But as expected there are a few things I still miss from Google’s browser....
  10. Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website: Dedicated Microsoft Edge extensions page revealed early as new Redstone build nears [img] A user by the name of H0x0d on Twitter appears to have found a dedicated webpage from Microsoft asking Windows Insiders to begin testing Extensions for Microsoft Edge. The...