Windows 10: Microsoft’s official website for Edge Extensions goes live.....

Discus and support Microsoft’s official website for Edge Extensions goes live..... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I would be lying if I said " Anxious to use it ", because I don't even know there is such a term associated with a browser. Perhaps someone please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Mar 14, 2016.

1. OldMike65 Win User

Microsoft’s official website for Edge Extensions goes live.....

This is just a rough idea what they are used for David. Every Browser has this ability except Edge.
    You might want to use a browser extension for a few different reasons:

• To integrate with other services you use. For example, Evernote offers an extension that allows you to easily clip websites and save them to your Evernote account.
    • To add additional features to your browser. For example, the JoinTabs extension for Chrome gives you a button you can click to combine all your Chrome tabs from multiple windows into a single window.
    • To modify websites as they appear on your computer — adding, removing, or modifying content. For example, the InvisibleHand extension adds information to shopping websites, informing you if there’s a cheaper price available on a competing retailer’s website.
    Extensions can do many other things. They’re like any other piece of software, although browsers place some limits on what they can do. If you want to integrate your browser with a service or get an additional feature, there’s a good chance you can do it with a browser extension that already exists.

OldMike65, Mar 15, 2016
  2. davidhk Win User

Thank you.
    I have never known nor tried any of the above. Didn't even know they existed.
    Not sure I have the need to use the feature ( Extension ).

davidhk, Mar 15, 2016
  3. BunnyJ New Member
    Honestly I don't use any right now in my browser(s).. Chrome etc. They can bog the browser down, be buggy and could cause security issues.

BunnyJ, Mar 15, 2016
  4. MrBill Win User

Here's the thing. Can they get the Chrome and FF developers to move their extensions to Edge. It sounds relatively easy, but it will be up to the development community to decide what they want to do. It might seem like an easy decision, but the developer has to support every platform they develop on. I think you won't see a massive rush of extensions in the public at large. At least until folks feel like Microsoft isn't going to pull another 180 in two years. (There's a reason win32 apps are still being developed and universal apps are extremely slow to catch on.)

MrBill, Mar 15, 2016
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    An RSS Feed extension that emulates the built-in Internet Explorer RSS Feed reader would make my day.

ARC1020, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft’s official website for Edge Extensions goes live..... - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s official website

2. An extension and microsoft edge issue

in Cortana
    An extension and microsoft edge issue: Hi all, recently i have been trying out edge, and well i have a few issues, first of all, i have an extension that is unremovable installed on the browser called apps, and it is installed by an organisation, I have no organisation, i bought my laptop brand new from Argos UK,...
  3. Malicious flag for Microsoft Official Website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malicious flag for Microsoft Official Website: Why did one of the vendor Quttera flag MALICIOUS for Microsoft's Official Website in VirusTotal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malicious-flag-for-microsoft-official-website/17744723-e845-448c-8caf-bf35d42aed90
  4. Blocking Edge extension and set blocked website

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blocking Edge extension and set blocked website: I am using Windows 10 home version. I find it is difficult to block installing edge extension in edge browser and my child can easily access any website they wish. I seek the internet and find a way to edit registry by adding Extensions registry string 0. But it does not...
  5. is this the official website?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is this the official website?: [IMG] is that the official website?:www.google.com.703501542409261.windows-update-service.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-this-the-official-website/49e6e0fe-19db-4bd8-8935-943f026698b7
  6. The all new Microsoft Edge Add-ons website is now live

in Windows 10 News
    The all new Microsoft Edge Add-ons website is now live: Hello Insider community, We're thrilled to announce that the redesigned Microsoft Edge Add-ons website is now available to all users. The redesign addresses several key concerns highlighted by users around discovery and usability of the platform. Philosophy With this...
  7. Avast officially launches Online Security extension for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Avast officially launches Online Security extension for Microsoft Edge: Avast Online Security extension is available in the Microsoft Store for almost two months now but it was officially announced in a blog post yesterday. In release notes of Avast Antivirus version 18.6.2349, the antivirus and security firm announced that the new extension...
  8. Microsoft Edge Extensions gets official info page ahead of release

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Extensions gets official info page ahead of release: Now, via MSPoweruser, we have the first real hint at what Edge extensions might look like in their initial preview mode, thanks to a dedicated page on Microsoft’s developer site. So far, it’s looking like we’ll have three extensions to try out when they’re enabled in the next...
  9. Living on the (Microsoft) Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Living on the (Microsoft) Edge: For the past few weeks, I’ve been using Microsoft Edge instead of Chrome where possible. This is a lot easier with the Windows 10 Anniversary update, which includes numerous Edge improvements. But as expected there are a few things I still miss from Google’s browser....
  10. Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website: Dedicated Microsoft Edge extensions page revealed early as new Redstone build nears [img] A user by the name of H0x0d on Twitter appears to have found a dedicated webpage from Microsoft asking Windows Insiders to begin testing Extensions for Microsoft Edge. The...