Windows 10: Microsoft's 'One Store' takes a step towards completion

Discus and support Microsoft's 'One Store' takes a step towards completion in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; One of the big initiative with Windows 10 besides unifying the core of all of Microsoft's operating systems is to unify their app stores too. Like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft's 'One Store' takes a step towards completion

Read more: Microsoft takes a step towards completion

:)

Brink, Mar 7, 2015
  2. Strigas Win User

Step towards fixing Cortana issues

I was extremely long winded when I wrote this out as a response to another thread but there is shorthand TLDR instructions included at the end so if you don't want to read through and get walked through step by step just scroll down to the bottom!

Okay, I have been working on this issue repeatedly since I first became a windows insider and in each build I have had to try and find different ways to get it working. I just installed the actual release and have been trying to figure it out and I just
    got it working, and actually hearing everything I say, though your milage my vary obviously, but even so, I thought I would share it here on the forums and try and help others with the same issue.

First question is do you have the Realtek HD Audio drivers installed? (Most of us that have been running into this problem have Realtek drivers so that's what I have been focused on) If the answer is yes, then keep on reading this fix I found with ya and
    don't worry you don't have to go out and buy a new microphone or a new sound card.

So first things first, go click on the "Ask me anything" search bar at the bottom, then click the third icon down (Notebook) on the left, and then click on "About Me", followed by "Change my name" and then type in your name and click on "Hear how I'll say
    it." If you hear Cortana say your name that that is a good sign, shows us that your Cortana itself isn't actually screwed up, it is just having issues because of your Realtek audio.

So next you click on the search bar and just type in the word "real" and in the search results you will see "Realtek HD Audio Manager." If for some reason it doesn't show up in the search then you can find it in the classic control panel just type "Control
    Panel\All Control Panel Items" in the address bar of an explorer window (without the quotes) and then click on your Realtek audio manager.

Next step is on the right side of the window at the top you will see "Device Advanced Settings" open that and then click the bottom radial button that says "Separate all input jacks as individual input devices." This is the biggest part of the fix so if
    there is a way to separate your input jacks with other audio devices I suggest trying that, I just couldn't give step by step directions for them, Almost done!

Now, back on the desktop right click on the white speaker for audio options, and click on "Recording Devices" you may need to right click and select "show disabled devices" to see everything. But now you can see individual microphones including your laptops
    hardware microphone. Whichever microphone you want to use with Cortana, for me its the preinstalled one so I don't need anything extra to use the features) right click on the icon and the make it the default recording device and click again to select it as
    the default communication device.

Now that you are able to select a specific microphone Cortana should be able to access it correctly. Go back to the "Ask me anything" bar and select the third icon down again, (Notebook) This time click settings, and then scroll down to "Let Cortana respond
    to Hey Cortana" and click on learn my voice. If everything worked then now Cortana should be able to hear what you say, and you can set up your voice, and then in turn it will actually respond to you!

Hope this helped someone figure out all this madness, I apologize for it being so long winded, I was just trying to make it as easy to understand as possible and easy to follow step by step even on a new operating system, so it could help as many people
    as possible.

Shorthand instructions;

1. Open Explorer, type or paste "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items" Open Realtek HD Audio Manger

2. Click Device Advance Settings (top right) >> Click "Separate all input jacks as independent input devices"

3. On desktop right click on white speaker >> Recording Devices >> Select the individual mic and make it default mic & communications device

4. Click "Ask me anything" search bar, third icon down (Notepad) >> Settings >> Let Cortana respond to "Hey Cortana" set up voice

5. Throw your hands up in the air like you just don't care / Do victory dance (step 5 is optional)

Strigas, Mar 7, 2015
  3. BillHalmi Win User
    Photos in Microsoft photos count toward One Drive storage

If I organize my photos on my PC in Microsoft Photos - are those photos automatically part of One Drive and do they count towards my One drive storage limit?

Moved from: OneDrive / Managing storage limits / Questions about my subscription / OneDrive in Microsoft Office / Office 365

BillHalmi, Mar 7, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft's 'One Store' takes a step towards completion

1. Microsoft's 'One Store' takes a step towards completion - Similar Threads - Microsoft's 'One Store'

2. Microsoft store completely gone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store completely gone: After updating my Windows image it erased all traces of the Windows store, like literally everything about it and relating to it, ive tried like a million ways to do it. Yes even the GetPackage stuff in powershell doesnt do anything, like no error message, no loading nothing...
  3. Microsoft store completely gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store completely gone: After updating my Windows image it erased all traces of the Windows store, like literally everything about it and relating to it, ive tried like a million ways to do it. Yes even the GetPackage stuff in powershell doesnt do anything, like no error message, no loading nothing...
  4. Microsoft Store Completely Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Completely Broken: My Xbox app was broken, so I uninstalled it with the intent to reinstall. However, the Microsoft store has been infinitely attempting to install it ever since. This is made stranger as the install never ended but the Xbox App is back on my PC, but could no longer install...
  5. Microsoft Store is completely broken

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store is completely broken: I've had the game pass for 2 months but the Microsoft Store stopped working about 1.5 months ago which made me reinstall the xbox app but since then all apps have crashed when trying to initially install it. I've tried reset commands in the console, resetting the store cache,...
  6. Towards a Full and Complete Removal of ONEDRIVE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Towards a Full and Complete Removal of ONEDRIVE: I am a 30-year PC tech, now retired. I ran a program to tell me why and what was slowing my Win10 Pro PC's 3 of them to a crawl starting within a few months of installation. I also used Task Manager to verify the high network, CPU and drive usage min 30% and max at 100% all...
  7. Sandboxie 5.33.6, an step toward open source

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandboxie 5.33.6, an step toward open source: Sandboxie 5.33.6 was released yesterday. This version is not an official release, or even a beta, but we are being asked to test it and see if we are able to do with SBIE what we are used to doing with SBIE. This version is an step toward open source. They are getting ready...
  8. Microsoft store is completely useless.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft store is completely useless.: I baught a newer lenovo laptop with a dual core i3 and 12gb of ram..... Specs shouldnt matter, but apearently I need googles super computer just to install an app on this thing with the microsoft store. Befor hand, I couldnt get the MS store to download any faster than...
  9. One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...: I had a small problem and thought it would be a simple fix. I went to scan for corrupted drivers, forgot to uncheck Microsoft drivers, and ended up uninstalling everything. Now, I know everything’s kind of weird. it gets stuck in an infinite boot loop, with the Omen logo and...
  10. Are there step by step instructions to completely Delete cortana?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Are there step by step instructions to completely Delete cortana?: How can I delete Cortana? I don't need the stupid thing, it eats up memory. I've already disabled it but its still eating up memory so I want it gone....