Microsoft's 'One Store' takes a step towards completion

Discus and support Microsoft's 'One Store' takes a step towards completion in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; One of the big initiative with Windows 10 besides unifying the core of all of Microsoft's operating systems is to unify their app stores too. Like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read more: Microsoft takes a step towards completion

:)

Brink, Mar 7, 2015
  2. Strigas Win User

Step towards fixing Cortana issues

I was extremely long winded when I wrote this out as a response to another thread but there is shorthand TLDR instructions included at the end so if you don't want to read through and get walked through step by step just scroll down to the bottom!

Okay, I have been working on this issue repeatedly since I first became a windows insider and in each build I have had to try and find different ways to get it working. I just installed the actual release and have been trying to figure it out and I just
    got it working, and actually hearing everything I say, though your milage my vary obviously, but even so, I thought I would share it here on the forums and try and help others with the same issue.

First question is do you have the Realtek HD Audio drivers installed? (Most of us that have been running into this problem have Realtek drivers so that's what I have been focused on) If the answer is yes, then keep on reading this fix I found with ya and
    don't worry you don't have to go out and buy a new microphone or a new sound card.

So first things first, go click on the "Ask me anything" search bar at the bottom, then click the third icon down (Notebook) on the left, and then click on "About Me", followed by "Change my name" and then type in your name and click on "Hear how I'll say
    it." If you hear Cortana say your name that that is a good sign, shows us that your Cortana itself isn't actually screwed up, it is just having issues because of your Realtek audio.

So next you click on the search bar and just type in the word "real" and in the search results you will see "Realtek HD Audio Manager." If for some reason it doesn't show up in the search then you can find it in the classic control panel just type "Control
    Panel\All Control Panel Items" in the address bar of an explorer window (without the quotes) and then click on your Realtek audio manager.

Next step is on the right side of the window at the top you will see "Device Advanced Settings" open that and then click the bottom radial button that says "Separate all input jacks as individual input devices." This is the biggest part of the fix so if
    there is a way to separate your input jacks with other audio devices I suggest trying that, I just couldn't give step by step directions for them, Almost done!

Now, back on the desktop right click on the white speaker for audio options, and click on "Recording Devices" you may need to right click and select "show disabled devices" to see everything. But now you can see individual microphones including your laptops
    hardware microphone. Whichever microphone you want to use with Cortana, for me its the preinstalled one so I don't need anything extra to use the features) right click on the icon and the make it the default recording device and click again to select it as
    the default communication device.

Now that you are able to select a specific microphone Cortana should be able to access it correctly. Go back to the "Ask me anything" bar and select the third icon down again, (Notebook) This time click settings, and then scroll down to "Let Cortana respond
    to Hey Cortana" and click on learn my voice. If everything worked then now Cortana should be able to hear what you say, and you can set up your voice, and then in turn it will actually respond to you!

Hope this helped someone figure out all this madness, I apologize for it being so long winded, I was just trying to make it as easy to understand as possible and easy to follow step by step even on a new operating system, so it could help as many people
    as possible.

Shorthand instructions;

1. Open Explorer, type or paste "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items" Open Realtek HD Audio Manger

2. Click Device Advance Settings (top right) >> Click "Separate all input jacks as independent input devices"

3. On desktop right click on white speaker >> Recording Devices >> Select the individual mic and make it default mic & communications device

4. Click "Ask me anything" search bar, third icon down (Notepad) >> Settings >> Let Cortana respond to "Hey Cortana" set up voice

5. Throw your hands up in the air like you just don't care / Do victory dance (step 5 is optional)

Strigas, Mar 7, 2015
  3. BillHalmi Win User
    Photos in Microsoft photos count toward One Drive storage

If I organize my photos on my PC in Microsoft Photos - are those photos automatically part of One Drive and do they count towards my One drive storage limit?

Moved from: OneDrive / Managing storage limits / Questions about my subscription / OneDrive in Microsoft Office / Office 365

BillHalmi, Mar 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft's 'One Store' takes a step towards completion - Similar Threads - Microsoft's 'One Store'

2. Audio coming through on only one channel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio coming through on only one channel: Hello - trying to edit a video but the sound is only coming out from one channel and we need a 2 channel situation. Can anyone help? Thanks. -Carol...
  3. Microsoft Mathematics

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Mathematics: hvordan installere Microsoft mathematics tillegg for Word på Windows 10? Støtter bare tidligere windowsutgaver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/microsoft-mathematics/4afef3d6-a696-47f9-981b-ddc3df8b7232
  4. AUDIO on project is only on one channel

in Windows 10 Customization
    AUDIO on project is only on one channel: Hello when working with my new video project, there is an issue with the audio only coming out of one speaker channel. Is this something with the hdmi? or windows 10? or ?... Any help would be appreciated. -Carol...
  5. Microsoft shows off the modern Skype’s upcoming split view feature on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft shows off the modern Skype’s upcoming split view feature on Windows: The Redmond-based Microsoft has recently announced that it has changed its plan concerning the discontinuation of classic Skype in September. The support for classic Skype will continue for some time and it will be discontinued when the modern version of Skype is...
  6. How can I take my SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 256GB thumb drive offline (to allow HyperV VM access)?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I take my SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 256GB thumb drive offline (to allow HyperV VM access)?: My flash drive is entirely formatted with encrypted LUKS (done on a real Ubuntu 16.04 desktop). I want to mount it in my Ubuntu 16.04 VM running in HyperV on my new Windows 10 Pro laptop (i9, 32GB ram...). SO I need a way to take this USB drive offline (apparently not an...
  7. Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for August 2018

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for August 2018: Release Notes August 2018 Security Updates Release Date: August 14, 2018 The August security release consists of security updates for the following software: Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge Microsoft Windows Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps...
  8. microsoft account is disconnected email

microsoft account is disconnected email: My Microsoft account is an email that no longer works & is disconnected. I accessed my Microsoft Account & tried to change it to my new email but all I was able to do is add the new email as a secondary. How can I change the Main email on record, which is no longer in...
  9. Error message "Unable to add printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer Error 0x80041001 Generic...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message "Unable to add printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer Error 0x80041001 Generic...: When attempting to open Quickbooks 2017 or 2018, I get an error message about a component missing. "Component required for PDF print from QuickBooks is missing". A link is provided for installing the required component. I ran the tool provided but received the following...
  10. How to get rid of One SystemCare virus?

How to get rid of One SystemCare virus?: One SystemCare sneaked into my laptop maybe during browsing websites or downloading, now WD will notice me about it everytime I start the system or around every 2 hours. I've uninstalled One SystemCare from Control Panel and even deleted such an exe program from...