Windows 10: Microsoft's own search suggestions don't work with the new windows search.

Discus and support Microsoft's own search suggestions don't work with the new windows search. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tomtom792 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tomtom792, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Microsoft's own search suggestions don't work with the new windows search.

/u/tomtom792, Jul 16, 2020
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Search Question

Which is why I suggested he try there instead. TPU is too limited of a user base to search here alone for anything gaming related.

rtwjunkie, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Search Question

I believe he means the search box at TPU. In that vein, neither of your suggestions worked. However, they both work quite well on the interwebs.

sneekypeet, Jul 16, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

Microsoft's own search suggestions don't work with the new windows search.

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft's own search suggestions don't work with the new windows search.

1. Microsoft's own search suggestions don't work with the new windows search. - Similar Threads - Microsoft's own search

2. Search bar suggestions don't work anymore, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar suggestions don't work anymore, how to fix?: Clicking on a search bar would open list of most used apps, and I'd just click on one of them to launch it.But, for some time now, it doesn't happen. I only get list of random apps, some of them I literally never used. All apps I often use are not on the list anymore. And...
  3. Search bar suggestions don't work anymore, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar suggestions don't work anymore, how to fix?: Clicking on a search bar would open list of most used apps, and I'd just click on one of them to launch it.But, for some time now, it doesn't happen. I only get list of random apps, some of them I literally never used. All apps I often use are not on the list anymore. And...
  4. Search bar suggestions don't work anymore, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Searches for numbers don't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searches for numbers don't work.: Searches for numbers don't work. I re-indexed everything took several days, but when I search for numbers within a file, it will not return any results. This worked fine in Windows 10. For instance, I want to find all the files with the number "333" and it says no results...
  6. Searches for numbers don't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searches for numbers don't work.: Searches for numbers don't work. I re-indexed everything took several days, but when I search for numbers within a file, it will not return any results. This worked fine in Windows 10. For instance, I want to find all the files with the number "333" and it says no results...
  7. Disabling Search Suggestion Dropdown Box Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Search Suggestion Dropdown Box Not Working: For a long time I've used Google as a search engine. I use the address bar for search, don't like suggestions, so when I got Edge I had to learn how to turn off all that stuff. Worked fine. No dropdown.Recently I tried DuckDuckGo, didn't like it, went back to Google....
  8. Windows 10 own search

in Cortana
    Windows 10 own search: My desktop PC Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, 20H2, 12/14/2020, 19042.685, i5-6600, 16GB The situation: So I managed to set the search engine to my liking in all the obvious places, however Microsoft itself is invoking Bing outside of my control in two places: 1 The looking...
  9. Microsoft Search Not Working

in Cortana
    Microsoft Search Not Working: Hello, I have tried everything the internet has stated to do. And nothing worked. Please help!! I hope waiting will fix it, but I don't know for sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-search-not-working/8dd561c8-a319-4dcf-bc4d-9407689f1549
  10. search folder suggestions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    search folder suggestions: Since the last update i cant get auto suggest to work when searching in folders. For example open my music folder, search for Eric Clapton and i would usually be given files based on what i was typing without having to hit enter or even finish the name. Any ideas? TIA...