Windows 10: Microsoft's real problem with mobile isn't (just) devices

Discus and support Microsoft's real problem with mobile isn't (just) devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The future of secure, modern Windows apps needs to go beyond Surface. At the Microsoft shareholders' meeting last week, some unhappy Windows phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft's real problem with mobile isn't (just) devices

Read more: Microsoft's real problem with mobile isn't (just) devices | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Dec 4, 2016

2. Bluetooth Toggle on/off issues.

This doesn't solve the problem. The problem isn't a driver issue. The problem is that Windows 10 needs to ALWAYS provide the sliders to turn on/off Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Airplane Mode, etc. , whether you have a mobile device or not.

Somebody at Microsoft screwed up on this one and didn't realize that you might want to be able to toggle on/off those things even on a desktop.

Putting in the Windows 7 drivers doesn't solve the problem. Yes you need to have working drivers but most of us do. That isn't the problem.

I can turn off those things by going to device manager and disabling the devices. But that is a real pain in the butt.

Those sliders which have already been implemented are just disabled by Windows on non "mobile" devices.

So just get your engineers to fix it!

Or if they want, at my normal consulting rates, they can fly me to Microsoft and I will fix it for them.

-- Charley

Charley Kline, Dec 4, 2016
  3. Pompie58 Win User
    Unable to connect Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 L2TP VPN through a NAT-T environment configuration

I have the same problem. Put perhaps it isn't a real problem because most people use a real OS like Android and IOS and then it just works out of the box.

Pompie58, Dec 4, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft's real problem with mobile isn't (just) devices

1. Microsoft's real problem with mobile isn't (just) devices - Similar Threads - Microsoft's real problem

2. Mobile hotspot isn't working anymore.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot isn't working anymore.: A couple of months ago I started using my laptop Windows 10 as a hotspot, so that I could share my VPN with my console, but as of recently, this stopped working, whenever I try to connect a device to my computer's hotspot, it just fails to "Obtain an IP address". I've tried...
  3. Windows Mobile device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Mobile device: I can't get windows Mobile Device to open on my Win 10 computer. I need to install some software on a handheld device. Any ideas? Thanks, Ken https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mobile-device/78d0e256-d86d-4219-a58d-1f01ada06e44
  4. Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 problem: I recently added the above mouse to my laptop running Windows 10 64bit. I put in the receiver and the driver installed and my mouse works just fine. My trouble come when I add another USB device to my computer via a second USB plug. My mouse becomes extremely unstable and...
  5. Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center: Hello I'm trying to download Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center from microsoft, but it seems that the link is broken. can anyone help me please https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4f68eb56-7825-43b2-ac89-2030ed98ed95&displaylang=en...
  6. A Real Problem . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Real Problem . . .: I run Windows 10 Pro. This may be a little of subject, but I don't know where else to turn? This is to the TotalAV company. Let me start out, by saying. I have a fully licensed version of Norton AntiVirus. I've been seeing a small box, in the upper right hand corner, of my...
  7. Dell laptop isn't detecting video files in the mobile device's storage area.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell laptop isn't detecting video files in the mobile device's storage area.: While trying to transfer any large video files such as movies, my dell laptop isn't detecting the files in the mobile device's storage area. If sometimes it detect mp4 files, mkv files won't be detected, sometimes neither of the two will be. I've VLC and QuickTime players...
  8. windows mobile device

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows mobile device: how i make microsoft outlook my default mail client. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-mobile-device/12a41f7f-70b8-4361-85a4-9701e30d9770
  9. Not A Real Problem, Just annoying One!

in Windows 10 Support
    Not A Real Problem, Just annoying One!: I have switched from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home, and all went well with the exceptions of a few do's and don't. The annoying issue it when I want to shut down the computer. At the lower left side there is the "Windows 10 logo" that I click on to make the shut down....
  10. Microsoft’s Andromeda May Be a Modular Mobile Device

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Andromeda May Be a Modular Mobile Device: We have been covering Microsoft’s foldable phone project extensively ever since we first revealed details on the device back in October of last year. The project, codenamed Andromeda, is more than just about the hardware — it includes a new Windows design made entirely for...