Windows 10: Microsoft’s redesigned icons could eventually make its way to Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft’s redesigned icons could eventually make its way to Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On Thursday, Microsoft announced redesigned icons for Office 365 programs. The key apps including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, OneDrive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 1, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft’s redesigned icons could eventually make its way to Windows 10

On Thursday, Microsoft announced redesigned icons for Office 365 programs. The key apps including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, Skype, and Yammer are getting colourful icons. The redesigned icons come as part of Microsoft’s goal to make Office a collaborative suite platform.

The for Office 365 apps were last redesigned in 2013 and the icons for default Windows 10 apps have remained unchanged in the past few years. Earlier this week, Microsoft shared a video and blog post to show off the mockups of the new iconography.

In a blog post, Microsoft dropped a hint which suggests that the company could eventually refresh the icons for many of its Windows 10 stock apps. In a video uploaded by Microsoft, we also spotted the redesigned icons for default apps like Photos, Mail and Calculator. You can see them in a screenshot captured from the video.

Microsoft’s redesigned icons could eventually make its way to Windows 10 Windows-10-icons-redesign.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Microsoft

On November 30, Microsoft’s Office design lead Jon Friedman revealed that the company is considering implementing similar icons across all Microsoft services.

Although Microsoft hasn’t clearly stated that the icons in Windows 10 will also get redesigned, Friedman did confirm a company-wide effort is planned.

In its response to a user query, Friedman confirmed that this is the beginning of a cross-platform effort to revamp the look of icons. “Hey Matt — stay tuned, this is the beginning of a cross-company effort to update all icons in the same style,” Jon Friedman wrote in a comment.

“Thanks for the question John — those are coming in subsequent stages. It is a huge undertaking to build a common system and design 10 icons at the same time. Now that we have established the system we will start to scale it across all of Microsoft,” he said in another comment.

Microsoft’s redesigned icons could eventually make its way to Windows 10 Office-apps-new-icons.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Microsoft.com

The new icons for Office 365 apps are colourful and Microsoft has also added depth to the icon. The new Office 365 icons will start rolling out across platforms (mobile, web and desktop) in the coming few months.

The modification in icons and new colour schemes on Windows 10 could improve the overall experience.

Windows 10’s Spring 2019 update is slated to arrive in the Spring of 2019 and the company is testing several design changes in the operating system.

Microsoft still has time to revamp icons for default apps in Windows 10. At this point, it’s not known if the software maker will update the look of the built-in Windows 10 apps with Spring 2019 update but there’s a chance that the icons revamp could happen eventually.

The post Microsoft’s redesigned icons could eventually make its way to Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Naki, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft’s redesigned icons could eventually make its way to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s redesigned icons

2. Windows 10 redesign

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 redesign: The Sun Valley update brings me lots of excitement, but but what I'm wondering is, when will Microsoft fully implement Fluent Design? The old GUIs, like File Explorer and the context menu, really need to be redesigned with Fluent Design, but I don't think it's coming with the...
  3. Microsoft Redesign Windows 10 This PC properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Redesign Windows 10 This PC properties: Hi Everyone, please advise me and help me . Before this recent Windows 10 Update, i used to follows these steps to see my properties of PC Step 1 [ATTACH] Step 2 [ATTACH] AFTER WINDOWS 10 RECENT UPDATE: when I click step1 : This step 3 shows up and i don't like...
  4. Microsoft redesigns the search!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft redesigns the search!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bugdroid_5167 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jo2zj9/microsoft_redesigns_the_search/
  5. Windows 10 redesign icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 redesign icons: Hi. My computer recently updated and It has updated some of the icons. Why arent the icons are all updated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-redesign-icons/25a638c7-6001-49de-be94-ac25d17e563f
  6. Microsoft redesigning windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft redesigning windows 10?: Hello So i just saw a preview for windows 10's redesigning. Is it true that microsoft is reimaging how windows 10 looks? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-redesigning-windows-10/4f3b4f33-75f0-4a19-ba34-74ce853e9fb9
  7. Microsoft redesigning over 100 icons for Windows 10 and more

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft redesigning over 100 icons for Windows 10 and more: Blank pages and redesigns have nothing on sequels. Last year, we rolled out the new Office icons to show our customers that we've evolved our products to support the changing world of work. A world where, despite being more mobile than ever before, social connectedness and...
  8. Microsoft announces newly redesigned filetype icons for Office

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces newly redesigned filetype icons for Office: Excited to finally share the newly redesigned filetype icons for Office! They're simpler, a little cuter, and now available in Outlook for iOS (Android - soon!), OneDrive, and more. [img] Tweet — Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter 132337
  9. Microsoft Redesigning the Office App Icons for Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Redesigning the Office App Icons for Office 365: Design is becoming the heart and soul of Office. Learn how we evolved our visual identity to reflect the simple, powerful, and intelligent experiences of Office 365. [img] Whoever said that nothing is more intimidating than the blank page probably never faced a redesign....
  10. Could Microsoft be planning on replacing NT eventually?

in Windows 10 News
    Could Microsoft be planning on replacing NT eventually?: To me it seems likely: Windows 8 brought out a new application layer, where apps are compartmentalized and can only stash their shit in specific locations. Windows 10 improves on the new application layer by allowing the apps to run in the desktop environment, and...