Windows 10: Microsoft’s Show or Hide Updates tool

Discus and support Microsoft’s Show or Hide Updates tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Basically Windows 10 1809 does not work well with my systems at all. I have one Lenovo and one HP laptop that when the update installed the speed of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TonyPalermo, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Microsoft’s Show or Hide Updates tool

Basically Windows 10 1809 does not work well with my systems at all. I have one Lenovo and one HP laptop that when the update installed the speed of the computers slowed down by maybe 25 to 35 percent. On each laptop if I unplug from a power source the screen just gets dark. No way to make the screen bright.

I went back to Windows 1803 and everything now is back to normal. When I go on battery power I can increase the screen brightness and the machines are working a lot faster. I found the Microsoft’s Show or Hide Updates tool at the website below. The tool is near the bottom of the page.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...t-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-window

I'm wondering if I use this tool can I just tell it not to install the 1809 update for awhile? Basically I think Microsoft will fix the issues but I just need to use my laptops without a power source at times. Has anyone used this tool to delay a Windows 10 update or will this not work? Plus i'm wondering if I do delay the update for awhile will I still get security updates.

Thanks,

Tony

:)

TonyPalermo, Nov 26, 2018

2. Windows Show/Hide Tool - Which one is KB4056892?

To prevent KB4056892 from installing I download the MS Show/Hide update tool, but I have no idea which one of these is KB4056892 since it does not list the KB#. For all I know none of these are KB4056892.

Does anyone know if any of the updates listed are KB4056892?

Microsoft’s Show or Hide Updates tool [​IMG]

idahosurge, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Steve C Win User
    Windows Show/Hide Tool - Which one is KB4056892?

That update appeared explicitly in the above list for me and it was easy to block. It appears the update has not been offered to you yet.

Steve C, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Pinbi87 Win User

Microsoft’s Show or Hide Updates tool

Show or Hide Updates Tool,

Does the Show or Hide Updates Tool, work in Windows 10 version 1703 ?

Pinbi87, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft’s Show or Hide Updates tool

1. Microsoft’s Show or Hide Updates tool - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s Show Hide

2. Hide Updates Tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hide Updates Tool: If new windows update comes, i will hide this update then become up to date. After few days, i don't know i have to unhide this update or i have to leave it hidden first. Because i'm not ready for new windows update....
  3. Hide Updates Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide Updates Tool: If new windows update comes, i will hide this update then become up to date. After few days, i don't know i have to unhide this update or i have to leave it hidden first. Because i'm not ready for new windows update....
  4. Hide Updates Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Show or Hide Windows Updates tools is not available for download at Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Show or Hide Windows Updates tools is not available for download at Microsoft: Hi, Today many users report printing problem after Windows automatically install Microsoft Update I believe KB5000802. When print picture, the middle area show blank. Normally I'll download and run show or hide update tools from Microsoft but seems that that file is...
  6. Show/Hide Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show/Hide Tool: Anyone else having trouble downloading the Show/Hide tool from Microsoft? All I get is a Microsoft 404 page. Tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge and even Internet Explorer. http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...owhide.diagcab Ben Windows 10 Home version 2004 Build 19041.804...
  7. Show or Hide Updates Tool - is it still available?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Show or Hide Updates Tool - is it still available?: Hi. I had a problem which I fixed by uninstalling KB4601345. Naturally, I don't want that Update to install again so I googled myself to this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-19219ef19cc1 Clicking on the link to the tool leads to a 404 error. Is the Show or Hide...
  8. Windows Show/Hide Update Tool Unavailable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Show/Hide Update Tool Unavailable: I've been trying to hide this driver that keeps on reinstalling on Windows update. The driver that I have installed is the latest driver from AMD's website. Windows keeps on trying to reinstall this update that is older and it's really annoying. I've done some research and...
  9. Show Hide tool couldn't be downloaded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Show Hide tool couldn't be downloaded: Hi! I am wanting to install the latest AMD reccommended driver from AMD, which is different from the driver windows update installs automatically. In the process, I'm supposed to run windows update, but not to update the graphics card driver. In my attempt to download the...
  10. Win 10 "show/hide tool" not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 "show/hide tool" not working: I have Win 10. My GPU works with the stock driver but if it is Updated by windows the GPU stops and goes to default setting causing my second display (HD TV) to stop working.When i found the "show/hide tool- the problem of my PC updating my display driver was solved.... for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft show or hide updates tool

2. show or hide updates tool

3. microsoft show hide tool

4. hide updates tool,
  5. microsoft show or hide,
  6. win show or hide updates tool,
  7. show-hide-update-tool microsoft,
  8. show or hide update tool,
  9. windows show or hide updates tool,
  10. microsoft update hide tool,
  11. hide updates windows 10 tool,