Windows 10: Microsoft’s unacceptable policy. Why?

Discus and support Microsoft’s unacceptable policy. Why? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Yesterday I was subjected to the Trojan hoax. It took me more than hour to recognize the scam which showed a degree of sophistication which included... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by peter osnos, May 18, 2023.

1. Microsoft’s unacceptable policy. Why?

Yesterday I was subjected to the Trojan hoax. It took me more than hour to recognize the scam which showed a degree of sophistication which included the name and ID of a Microsoft technician. I have done what I can to deal with this. But despite multiple efforts including a call to a longtime Microsoft lawyer, I was not able to reach anyone by phone. A cyber scam is a mugging and can be serious. How can Microsoft justify this policy?You are a customer service company. Your founder spends billions solving society’s problems — cyber crime is one of them. Peter Osnos,

:)

peter osnos, May 18, 2023

2. Unacceptable to me

1. They don't need to know
    2. They can't even properly secure your info from criminals
    3. Why should they receive money for my info when I don't?

The test I always apply in these type of situations is to replace <Corporate Name> with <Government Agency>:
    1. "Sign in using your MS Live account."
    2. "Sign in using your Department of Homeland Security account."

As far as I'm concerned, if it is unacceptable for one sector to do something, then it is also unacceptable for the other sector to do it.

In the above example, it's unacceptable to me that I should have to inform either of those groups, when I want to use my PC. Fine, then don't use Windows 8.0, 8.1, or Windows 10. Switch to another operating system that meets your requirements. What's so hard about that?

alphanumeric, May 18, 2023
  3. Unacceptable to me

MS is using exactly the same scam that Download sites use.

The link related to using a Local account is in tiny print.
    I seem to recall that in W10 that link is on a different screen (confirmed by your earlier post):
    The first time I installed W10, I couldn't see how to avoid the MS log in scam, so I crashed the PC.
    I disconnected the Network and tried again, to see if that would provoke a more reasonable response (which it did).

1. They don't need to know
    2. They can't even properly secure your info from criminals
    3. Why should they receive money for my info when I don't?

The test I always apply in these type of situations is to replace <Corporate Name> with <Government Agency>:
    1. "Sign in using your MS Live account."
    2. "Sign in using your Department of Homeland Security account."

As far as I'm concerned, if it is unacceptable for one sector to do something, then it is also unacceptable for the other sector to do it.

In the above example, it's unacceptable to me that I should have to inform either of those groups, when I want to use my PC.

lehnerus2000, May 18, 2023
  4. Microsoft’s unacceptable policy. Why?

Accessing Password Policy in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to set Password policy. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what happened when you try to change the policy. Did you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

You must log in as administrator to access these settings.

• Press Windows key + R and type secpol.msc
      and press enter.

• The Local Security Policy window will open. Now from the left pane, choose
      Password Policy from under Account Policies.

• On the right side, choose Maximum password age.

• If you wish the password to never Expire, set the value to
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 18, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft’s unacceptable policy. Why?

1. Microsoft’s unacceptable policy. Why? - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s unacceptable policy

2. Unacceptable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unacceptable: I was attempting to call about an issue with SCOOBE, specifically that it delayed urgent work. Then after attempting to call support you discontinue all phone-based support for "the customers benefit." Use of my computer has been interrupted by promotional activities, on a...
  3. Microsoft’s unacceptable policy. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft’s unacceptable policy. Why?: Yesterday I was subjected to the Trojan hoax. It took me more than hour to recognize the scam which showed a degree of sophistication which included the name and ID of a Microsoft technician. I have done what I can to deal with this. But despite multiple efforts including a...
  4. Microsoft’s unacceptable policy. Why?

Microsoft’s unacceptable policy. Why?: Yesterday I was subjected to the Trojan hoax. It took me more than hour to recognize the scam which showed a degree of sophistication which included the name and ID of a Microsoft technician. I have done what I can to deal with this. But despite multiple efforts including a...
  5. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE - MICROSOFT RANSOMWARE WITH BITLOCKER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE - MICROSOFT RANSOMWARE WITH BITLOCKER: Hello, I recently purchased a laptop containing a Windows 11 OS. Just like always, I shut down the laptop and installed updates. AT NO POINT DID MICROSOFT WARN ME ABOUT BITLOCKER AND THE RECOVERY KEY.Come to find out on start up, I can't even log into my own computer. There...
  6. Unacceptable policies and customer service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unacceptable policies and customer service: I am so frustrated with Microsoft. Two days ago, the password I have been using and have stored in my password manager stopped working. When I click "reset my password", it says I cannot because I am not registered for "password reset". I keep calling for assistance, but each...
  7. Unacceptable policies and customer service

Unacceptable policies and customer service: I am so frustrated with Microsoft. Two days ago, the password I have been using and have stored in my password manager stopped working. When I click "reset my password", it says I cannot because I am not registered for "password reset". I keep calling for assistance, but each...
  8. Unacceptable policies and customer service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Cmon Microsoft this is unacceptable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmon Microsoft this is unacceptable: [ATTACH] Happens once every few weeks. Whole computer slowes down to the point my cursor freezes for a second submitted by /u/Aggressive_Pattern95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/y4s2yr/cmon_microsoft_this_is_unacceptable/
  10. I like the search feature, but this is unacceptable. Just why, Microsoft?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I like the search feature, but this is unacceptable. Just why, Microsoft?!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Johtoboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kixwuz/i_like_the_search_feature_but_this_is/