Windows 10: Microsoft’s Windows 10 activation system is broken, a fix is coming

Discus and support Microsoft’s Windows 10 activation system is broken, a fix is coming in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The users are reporting that Microsoft has downgraded their Windows 10 Pro license to Windows 10 Home without any warning this morning. There appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 8, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft’s Windows 10 activation system is broken, a fix is coming

The users are reporting that Microsoft has downgraded their Windows 10 Pro license to Windows 10 Home without any warning this morning. There appears to be a critical problem with Windows 10 activation system as many users are encountering an issue that causes activation problems on their machines.

The growing number of reports point to a server-side bug with Microsoft’s activation system. According to the users, the reactivation doesn’t seem to work and Microsoft’s bug would downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home in some cases.

“All of a sudden after years of having this key which was from windows 8 pro then migrated to windows 10 for free, I got a notification saying my key is Windows 10 home version and that I need to install it,” a user explains on Reddit.

“I am having the same problem. It’s even gone as far as my digital entitlement is gone from my Microsoft account and I have a Windows 10 home key now. Windows is deactivated because I went from Windows 10 Pro to home and it doesn’t match anymore. Where did my digital license go though.. I hope it comes back,” another user posted.

Several users have also documented the problem on Twitter and there is no workaround available at the moment but Microsoft is actively investigating the reports.

A problem with @windows 10 pro activation today. Been on call to Microsoft support number since 8am. Someone did some kind of purge I guess and revoked a number of valid licenses.

— Stephen Collopy (@Sgcollopy) November 8, 2018

A fix is coming

Microsoft support team says that the company is investigating the reports and a fix is expected to arrive soon. If you’ll contact Microsoft’s chat or call there, the agent will ask you to wait until a fix is deployed.

Microsoft support team reportedly told many users to wait as this is a known issue which is being experienced in several countries including the United States. The number of users who are reporting the issue is growing and Microsoft’s support team is trying to help the customers but no workaround appears to be working.

“Microsoft has just released an Emerging issue announcement about current activation issue related to Pro edition recently. This happens in Japan, Korea, American and many other countries. I am very sorry to inform you that there is a temporary issue with Microsoft’s activation server at the moment and some customers might experience this issue where Windows is displayed as not activated,” Microsoft’s support agent explains. “Our engineers are working tirelessly to resolve this issue and it is expected to be corrected within one to two business days,” the agent responded, according to a post on Microsoft answers forum.

Windows 10 Pro downgraded to Windows 10 Home

Microsoft’s Windows 10 activation system is broken, a fix is coming Windows-10-Home-Activation.jpg

In some cases, the valid license of Windows 10 Pro has been downgraded to Windows 10 Home but at the moment this is an isolated behaviour.

It’s a bug experienced on Microsoft’s activation servers and the software giant is already working on a solution. It’s likely that everything will return to normal in just a few hours or it may take several hours in some regions.

Microsoft hasn’t offered any working to address activation issues with Windows 10. For now, you will have to wait until the fix is deployed.

The post Microsoft’s Windows 10 activation system is broken, a fix is coming appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 8, 2018

2. Microsoft to Revamp Activation System with Windows 9

So... Lost an account - lost everything, huh? Don't like this system much, but I can't really blame Microsoft for doing that as long as it's the most popular way of handling "protected" stuff (Steam is a "good" example).
    There are even few advantages:
    • An access to updated and "personalized" ISOs (for example, purchasing Windows 8 will give you Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 Update when they come out). No need to struggle with Windows ADK anymore.
    • Easy way of "unbinding" your license if you don't need it on your current (running) system and wish to install it on another machine.

Constantine Yevseyev, Nov 8, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Laurijan Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

Hi!

I signed up in the windows insider program and got windows 10 free - the windows 10 insider preview updated to windows 10 pro.
    Today i got another SSD and did a raid 0 on my system forcing me to do a clean install of windows but now it wont activate anymore.
    Signing in with my microsoft account that was linked to the insider program didnt help.
    Maybe i got this problem since i quit the insider program for several days and signed up again after i found out that my win 10 wont activate anymore.
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Lauri

Laurijan, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft’s Windows 10 activation system is broken, a fix is coming - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s activation system

2. Windows Activation broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation broken?: I keep getting activate windows pop ups in the bottom right corner of my screen, yet I own a genuine copy of windows 10 and have the keys on it yet I get the pop up and activation is left blank...Idk how to fix this and its been bugging me lately....
  3. Windows 10 is broken. Microsoft Store Broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is broken. Microsoft Store Broken: Hello, I have recently had problems in windows 10. For starters, I had to reset my pc 2 different times. Now my Microsoft store is no longer working. It opens but when I try to download something it stops gives me code 0x80072f8f. I reinstalled the store via PowerShell, ran...
  4. Windows 10 is broken. Microsoft Store Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is broken. Microsoft Store Broken: Hello, I have recently had problems in windows 10. For starters, I had to reset my pc 2 different times. Now my Microsoft store is no longer working. It opens but when I try to download something it stops gives me code 0x80072f8f. I reinstalled the store via PowerShell, ran...
  5. Windows 10 is broken. Microsoft Store Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 Built-in VPN is broken, Fix It Microsoft!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Built-in VPN is broken, Fix It Microsoft!: After connecting to the VPN server using the built-in Windows 10 app it's still showing my real IP instead of the VPN server's IP. This was never a problem in Win7. Fix It Microsoft!...
  7. Microsoft finally fixes broken File Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft finally fixes broken File Explorer on Windows 10: Windows 10’s November 2019 Update, also known as version 1909, is a service pack like-update with fixes and improvements, but even the November 2019 Update isn’t perfect for many consumers. Many people are seeing annoying problems with File Explorer’s search box after...
  8. Action Center is broken in Windows 10 October 2018 Update? A fix is coming

in Windows 10 News
    Action Center is broken in Windows 10 October 2018 Update? A fix is coming: The Action Center is reportedly broken for some users in Windows 10 October 2018 Update. According to reports, the Action Center doesn’t show notifications in Windows 10 after installing the October 2018 Update (version 1809). A thread on Reddit documents a bug where the...
  9. Microsoft Store is broken in Windows 10 and I can't fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store is broken in Windows 10 and I can't fix it: Hello, I was receiving an error whenever I attempted to install an application via the Microsoft Store after receiving my brand new Surface Book. I found a fix to my specific issue here. The relevant bits are: Code: As you are unable to install an app from the Windows...
  10. Microsoft might have fixed its broken in-app purchase system

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft might have fixed its broken in-app purchase system: Yesterday, we reported that the in-app purchase system seemed to be broken across all versions of Windows. It was unknown if the issue was global or if it was just impacting a portion of users, what is known is that a number of developers were complaining about the problem on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows activation system broken