Windows 10: Microsoft’s Windows 10 version 21H1 update rollout is imminent

Discus and support Microsoft’s Windows 10 version 21H1 update rollout is imminent in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has started preparing their support documentation and video guidelines for Windows 10 May 2021 Update, suggesting the next big feature update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 18, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft’s Windows 10 version 21H1 update rollout is imminent

Microsoft has started preparing their support documentation and video guidelines for Windows 10 May 2021 Update, suggesting the next big feature update is on track for an imminent release.

According to a video, which was linked online, Windows 10 version 21H1 looks set for launch today or later this week.

We had clues earlier this year that the over-the-air Windows 10 May 2021 Update for the compatible PCs would be happening in May or June. Microsoft later clarified that the update is called the “May 2021 Update” and it will be released in May. Microsoft also explained that Windows 10 version 21H1 will be rolled out in phases and users won’t be able to download it immediately.

However, the company will provide Media Creation Tool and Update Assistant Tool to make it easy to download and install the update on your devices manually if that’s something you might be interested in doing.

As per the latest tip, it looks like the feature update is all set to go live on the company’s website in the coming hours.

If you have a compatible device and you’re lucky, you can find the update for download by simply checking for updates in the Settings app. Or can simply click check back our website if the operating system image is what you’re after. We’ll share the download links straight from Microsoft’s server.

Microsoft’s Windows 10 version 21H1 update rollout is imminent Version-21H1.jpg

At the moment, Microsoft’s website still states that the May 2021 Update rollout should begin soon. We haven’t heard back from the company and it’s not yet clear when the feature update will be released.

In Windows 10 version 21H1, the most immediately noticeable change is support for additional cameras in Windows Hello. It fits more closely with Microsoft’s work from home approach and guidelines that Microsoft has been slowly pushing to more of its productivity suite.

In addition, Microsoft will also introduce new controls for Group Policy Editor and Windows Defender (enterprise edition).

A small feature update

Windows 10 21H1 doesn’t come with any new features for consumer and this means a few things. For one thing, it means that the update will be delivered by way of an enablement package as we saw with October 2020 Update.

As a result, the build number will bump by one digit (from Build 19042 to Build 19043) and the installation process will be instant.

It also means that the new consumer-centric features will be released with Windows 10’s long-rumoured Sun Valley update, which is set to arrive in the second half of the year.

Update: The May 2021 Update is now available.

The post Microsoft’s Windows 10 version 21H1 update rollout is imminent appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 18, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, May 18, 2021
  3. desennium Win User
    Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Microsoft released Windows 10, code named "Threshold 1," a little over two years ago. As of May of this year, there were approximately 500 million Windows 10 devices worldwide. Originally, Microsoft predicted that Windows 10 would be installed on 1 billion devices by mid-2018. When released, Windows 10 gained huge adoption from those running Windows 7 from the "free-upgrade program" which lasted one year.

Since then however, installations have slowly declined and in July of last year, Microsoft admitted that they would miss their projected goal of 1 billion devices. Since its release, Windows 10 has had three major update releases with "Threshold 2," in 2015, "Anniversary Update," in 2016, "Creators Update" in April of this year and today marks the release of Microsoft's fourth major feature update to its operating system, dubbed "Fall Creators Update," version 1709.

Today's update brings about many new features including:
    • OneDrive On demand (formerly known as OneDrive Placeholders introduced in WIndows 8.1) a way to keep track of your files stored on OneDrive from any of your devices without having to store them locally.
    • 'My People' Hub Integration makes it easier to stay in touch with people right from the taskbar
    • Story Remix gives you to the tools and the power to create content from your photos and videos to make memorable stories
    • Windows Mixed Reality brings a new generation of augmented reality where the real world meets the digital one.
    • Fluent Design System is Microsoft's new design that will take place over the next few years with each feature update. Microsoft intends to make all products and devices one user interface and it begins with the Fall Creators Update.

Furthermore, Microsoft has made changes and brings privacy enhancements with today's update. The Fall Creators Update gives users more control of what information is being collected. Users will be greeted with the Privacy Statement on the setup process to get an idea of what information that entails. Microsoft is also adding two game anti-cheating systems, called TruePlay and Game Monitor, to address the problem of cheating similarly to what VAC (Valve Anti-Cheating) does for Steam.

The Fall Creators Update is available today but will be rolled out in stages as usual. Newer devices most compatible with Windows 10 will receive the update first. The rollout will take several months before everyone is updated. However, if you don't see today's update you can use the Update Assistant Tool to manually update now, here.

Source: Microsoft

desennium, May 18, 2021
  4. Microsoft’s Windows 10 version 21H1 update rollout is imminent

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Even though the awaited Creators Update for Windows 10 is only set to arrive on April 11th, users who want to get ahead of the launch - and maybe themselves - can now update their version of Windows. Through the Windows 10 Update Assistant, Microsoft has made it possible for users to update to the latest version of windows ahead of time. After downloading and running the tool from Microsoft's website, it should display that Build 15063 is available - the official build number for the Creators Update.

The most awaited feature for the upcoming Windows update should be the Game Mode, though Beam live-streaming (which some say is better than Twitch) from the Game Bar, a PiP (picture-in-picture) mode for streaming videos while working on those pesky Excel budget .xlxs, and improved privacy settings (which aren't at the same level as the special edition built for the chinese market, though.) Microsoft's Edge is also seeing performance and security improvements, and Windows will now integrate a night mode that reduces blue light emissions - and thus the strain in your old eye globes. You can now also lock your Windows 10 PC at a distance through Windows Hello on your smartphone of choice, and can partake on some crazy Paint marathons with its improved 3D tool, which should elevate it to new, never before seen heights - maybe in the next update you can use the new Paint with Mixed-Reality products?

Microsoft’s Windows 10 version 21H1 update rollout is imminent 21ff7f0d4bea_thm.jpg

Source: Tom's Hardware
    Source: Microsoft Blogs

Raevenlord, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft’s Windows 10 version 21H1 update rollout is imminent

1. Microsoft’s Windows 10 version 21H1 update rollout is imminent - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s version 21H1

2. Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1: Trying to update Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems.Seems to be stuck at 20%. Have tried rebooting several times. Not sure that it is actually working....
  3. Updating to Windows 10 version 21h1

Updating to Windows 10 version 21h1: I have tried several times to update my laptop from version 1909 to 21h1. Every time I do it my laptop is rendered nearly useless. It runs sooooo slow its almost not able to be used. The last time I tried it it seemed fine for the first day or so but then it became...
  4. Updating to Windows 10 version 21h1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating to Windows 10 version 21h1: I have tried several times to update my laptop from version 1909 to 21h1. Every time I do it my laptop is rendered nearly useless. It runs sooooo slow its almost not able to be used. The last time I tried it it seemed fine for the first day or so but then it became...
  5. Windows 10 21H2 is imminent as Microsoft clears 21H1 for everyone

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 21H2 is imminent as Microsoft clears 21H1 for everyone: Ahead of Windows 10 version 21H2 “November 2021 Update” rollout, Windows 10 May 2020 Update aka version 21H1 has been cleared for broad deployment, meaning it is now being pushed to users widely. In some cases, Windows 10 version 21H1 will be installed automatically. Windows...
  6. Windows 10 version 21H1 update

Windows 10 version 21H1 update: My windows upgrade installation is stuck at 96% even when I have a stable internet connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-21h1-update/b9d7b7b8-99ca-4caf-bbbd-25c290baa920
  7. Windows 10 version 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 version 21H1 update: My windows upgrade installation is stuck at 96% even when I have a stable internet connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-21h1-update/b9d7b7b8-99ca-4caf-bbbd-25c290baa920
  8. Microsoft lifts upgrade blocks ahead of Windows 10 21H1 rollout

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft lifts upgrade blocks ahead of Windows 10 21H1 rollout: For the first time since last October, Windows 10 feature updates are no longer blocked for most users. Microsoft’s latest move could help those stuck on Windows 10 version 1909 and upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004 or 20H2, which were released in May 2020 and October 2020...
  9. rollout of windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    rollout of windows 10 version 1903: hello community, can anyone tell me how windows 10 version 1903 is preforming, is it safe to download yet or should i wait for more bugs to be worked out....
  10. Microsoft pauses Windows 10 version 1809 rollout

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft pauses Windows 10 version 1809 rollout: Microsoft unveiled Windows 10 version 1809, the October 2018 Update for Windows 10 on October 2, 2018 officially. The company published updated tools to upgrade to a new version of Windows 10 and enabled the update on Windows Update as well but only for users and...