Windows 10: Microsoft’s Windows 10 X gets ported to Apple MacBook

Discus and support Microsoft’s Windows 10 X gets ported to Apple MacBook in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has been promoting Windows 10 X as a tailor-made solution for a new class of foldable devices like the Surface Neo. While Microsoft has never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 13, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft’s Windows 10 X gets ported to Apple MacBook

Microsoft has been promoting Windows 10 X as a tailor-made solution for a new class of foldable devices like the Surface Neo. While Microsoft has never publicly confirmed a laptop-optimized version of 10X, we know that Microsoft plans to bring it to regular clamshell laptops in the near future.

Microsoft’s leaked internal documents had also confirmed that Windows 10 X will have different UI depending on what device you’re using, suggesting that the OS will launch on regular at some point.

Perhaps the most interesting bit of information is that Windows 10 X can be installed on any device including Apple’s MacBook and it runs really well.

On February 11, Microsoft released an early version of Windows 10 X Emulator as the company moves toward the launch of the dual-screen Surface Neo in December 2020.

Microsoft’s Windows 10 X gets ported to Apple MacBook Windows-10X-on-MacBook.jpg

Some independent developers have managed to install Windows 10 X emulator images on unsupported machines such as the Apple MacBook. Installing Windows 10 on Apple’s widely popular flagship hardware is not the difficult part, the tricky part is getting the OS to actually boot and support the MacBook drivers properly.

A developer who goes by Ben found that Windows 10 X runs smoothly on Apple MacBook and even the gestures are responding properly.

Microsoft’s Windows 10 X gets ported to Apple MacBook Windows-10X-MacBook.jpg

It’s also possible to install the operating system on laptops from other manufacturers. For example, one dev says he was able to install and run Microsoft’s modular OS on his Lenovo ThinkPad T480s, but there are noticeable UI flaws due to the odd configurations enabled in the emulator system image.

As we have previously reported, it’ll be possible to install the OS on any Windows and macOS device but there is more work to be done before getting to that point.

Microsoft currently has no plans to support Windows 10 X on desktops and its viability is uncertain. We’ll just have to wait for Microsoft to shed more light on the future of Windows for laptops, PCs and desktops.

The post Microsoft’s Windows 10 X gets ported to Apple MacBook appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 Pro on Apple MacBook Pro

I installed a purchased (from Microsoft) copy of Windows 10 Pro on a new Apple MacBook Pro using Apple's Boot Camp Utility. Windows 10 Pro works perfectly on its partition, except there is no sound. Apple Support was sympathetic but referred me to Microsoft
    Support. Microsoft support (in Manila) refused to even speak to me once I told them it was installed on an Apple machine. But, regardless of which vendor's hardware it is on, it is a Microsoft product and, looking into it further, it seems many Windows 10
    users have a similar problem with no sound.

Any new ideas?

And, if Microsoft Support is monitoring this community, may I suggest that you not be so contemptuous of your customers.

RobertCarl III, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Hyper-V Support Breaks Windows 10 in Apple Bootcamp

Hi Sam,

To make sure that you get the best answer to your concern, we suggest that you refer to Apple support for MacBook Pro. To do this, visit the support link below:

Regards.

Jeraldine Ase, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

How to load Apple OS X?

It's much easier to get an Apple machine [I have a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.11.3 El Capitan] and install virtual machine software then install a version of Windows inside that.

Berton, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft’s Windows 10 X gets ported to Apple MacBook - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s gets ported

2. Upgrade my Apple MacBook Air A1466

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade my Apple MacBook Air A1466: helloi haveMacBook Air A1466 EMC 2925 13-Inch, Early 2015Processor 1.6 GHz intel Core i5Memory 8 Gb 1600 Mhz DDR3ssd 120 Gb With MacOS OS Sierra Version 10.12.6 and BootCamp 6.0 With Windows 10 Pro 1809 Build 17763.1577i upgraded to 1 T.B Aura Pro X2 MacBook Air 11-Inch &...
  3. Upgrade my Apple MacBook Air A1466

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade my Apple MacBook Air A1466: helloi haveMacBook Air A1466 EMC 2925 13-Inch, Early 2015Processor 1.6 GHz intel Core i5Memory 8 Gb 1600 Mhz DDR3ssd 120 Gb With MacOS OS Sierra Version 10.12.6 and BootCamp 6.0 With Windows 10 Pro 1809 Build 17763.1577i upgraded to 1 T.B Aura Pro X2 MacBook Air 11-Inch &...
  4. Unable to activate Windows 10 on MacBook Pro Apple M1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows 10 on MacBook Pro Apple M1: Purchased a new MacBook Pro and I am unable to activate Windows 10 on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-windows-10-on-macbook-pro-apple/c1413a88-2398-44d3-9c34-a0463558a304
  5. Microsoft Keyboard 850 with Apple MacBook Pro and Win10 Parallels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Keyboard 850 with Apple MacBook Pro and Win10 Parallels: I use Windows 10 on a 2016 MacBook Pro with Parallels. When I use Office 365 applications, I'd like to use a Windows keyboard. I own a Microsoft Keyboard 850, which comes with a dongle that plugs into a USB port. My laptop has Bluetooth, and I use an Apple wireless keyboard....
  6. Apple Macbook Bootcamp Bluetooth Mouse Issue Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apple Macbook Bootcamp Bluetooth Mouse Issue Windows 10: Hi, I'm having issues getting my bluetooth mouse paired to my 2016 Macbook Pro running Windows 10 on bootcamp. The mouse is brand new and works perfectly on the other halves Macbook. The windows 10 install via Bootcamp was smooth with no issues, all installed correctly....
  7. connect Apple Magic Mouse to MacBook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connect Apple Magic Mouse to MacBook: Please help me with advice. I cannot connect an Apple Magic Mouse to my MacBook running Windows 10. I’ve recently installed Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-apple-magic-mouse-to-macbook/529f19c6-44e1-49f0-8a9b-e2c59116e0af
  8. Windows 10 says SSD on Apple MacBook is 113GB but Apple OS says 120GB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 says SSD on Apple MacBook is 113GB but Apple OS says 120GB: Hi, I bought a Apple MacBook Pro 8GB 120GB SSD and it says the SSD was 120GB. However after realising I was using Windows programs more often than not I then decided to remove Mac OS and do a complete install of Windows 10 Pro without using Apples Bootcamp. The strange...
  9. SD Card issue in windows 10 (Apple Macbook Pro)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card issue in windows 10 (Apple Macbook Pro): I have the SD Card for my Macbook Pro running Windows. Every time the laptop goes to sleep and wake up, the SD Card disappear. It only comes back if you restart - I tried install new BootCamp driver, reinstall the USB hub, reset SMC but none help so far....
  10. Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10, inspired by Apple's OS X: Microsoft's deeper reveal of Windows 10 today was marvelously weird. Not only did the live-streamed event have the same delivery hiccoughs as Apple's live streams, but so much of what Microsoft is doing to Windows 10 is following the footsteps of Apple's OS X, which in turn...