Windows 10: Microsoft’s Windows 10X upgrade has been delayed again

Discus and support Microsoft’s Windows 10X upgrade has been delayed again in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10X, which is Microsoft’s new operating system for Chromebook-like lightweight devices, might not be released to the general computing public... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 18, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft’s Windows 10X upgrade has been delayed again

Windows 10X, which is Microsoft’s new operating system for Chromebook-like lightweight devices, might not be released to the general computing public until almost the second half of the year.

Previously, Microsoft was looking at the ‘Spring 2021’ (March-May) launch timeframe for Windows 10X, but the software giant has delayed the release, and a possible reason for this is because multiple stability issues still need to be patched.

A fresh build of Windows 10X is now scheduled to be finalized in Spring of 2021 with quality improvements and the general availability of the operating system has been pushed back to the second half of 2021.

It’s worth noting that the release date of Windows 10X isn’t confirmed yet and may still change – but this is the current schedule at Microsoft, at least internally.

Microsoft’s Windows 10X upgrade has been delayed again Windows-10X-Start-Screen.jpg Windows 10X was first announced in October 2019 and it was originally supposed to launch with dual-screen devices like the Surface Neo.

Windows 10X for dual-screen and Surface Neo have been delayed indefinitely, and the “modular” operating system is now expected to land on single-screen devices.

Windows 10X limitations

Unfortunately, Windows 10X is still likely to ship with several restrictions. For example, some (most advanced) apps will not work as Windows 10X won’t ship with “VAIL”, which is a new technology required to run Win32 apps through virtualization.

Likewise, not all Windows Store apps are going to work on Windows 10X. Only UWP and web apps will be supported. For now, you can only download and install UWP apps from the Microsoft Store and Progressive Web Apps through the Microsoft Edge browser.

It’s also worth noting that the company’s lightweight OS is not for everyone and it won’t be marketed as a replacement for your current Windows device.

For general consumers, Microsoft is said to be working on the next generation of Windows with significant improvements for Action Center, Taskbar, Start Menu and more.

The post Microsoft’s Windows 10X upgrade has been delayed again appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 18, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft reportedly changes Windows 10X plans for dual-screen devices

Read more:

Brink, Mar 18, 2021
  3. Windows 10X

Will all windows users can upgrade to windows 10x for free as they got chance to upgrade from windows 8 to windows?

Abir Mohammad Turza, Mar 18, 2021
  4. Dark Ride Win User

Microsoft Delays Windows XP Service Pack 3

Bink has an interesting article up on his site concerning Windows XP SP3. Microsoft has apparently pushed back the release date of SP3 to the second half of 2007. Steve Ballmer (Microsoft executive had originally announced that the 3rd service pack for XP would be released before the release of Longhorn (now Windows Vista).

Bink suggests that we could see a "Rollup Package" coming from Microsoft in the near future for XP, with the possibility of that package replacing SP3 all together. One can also reason that Microsoft will use the delay of SP3 to further the cause of upgrading to Vista later on this year. Server 2003 SP2 is still scheduled for release in Q3/4 of this year and no more service packs will be made available for Windows 2000 or NT4.

Source: Bink.nu

Dark Ride, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft’s Windows 10X upgrade has been delayed again - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s 10X upgrade

2. My Desktop has been broken once again!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Desktop has been broken once again!!: by Windows Update While Microsoft is pushing their new operating system. Where Is The repair From Microsoft??? How Is It that they keep getting away with this??? I CAN'T Get To Videos And Pictures I Need To Defend MYSELF!!! I'VE SPENT HOURS AND The So-Called Fixes DON'T...
  3. My Desktop has been broken once again!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Desktop has been broken once again!!: by Windows Update While Microsoft is pushing their new operating system. Where Is The repair From Microsoft??? How Is It that they keep getting away with this??? I CAN'T Get To Videos And Pictures I Need To Defend MYSELF!!! I'VE SPENT HOURS AND The So-Called Fixes DON'T...
  4. My Desktop has been broken once again!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10x has new antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10x has new antivirus: We love our avast,avg,mcafee,nod32 Windows has got brand new antivirus with all lastest virus data base built in..ignite..if I remember the name right We will be safe online and protected.. Defender was only a beta..this is official U love Windows 7 right Then window vista...
  6. Windows 10x has new antivirus

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10x has new antivirus: We love our avast,avg,mcafee,nod32 Windows has got brand new antivirus with all lastest virus data base built in..ignite..if I remember the name right We will be safe online and protected.. Defender was only a beta..this is official U love Windows 7 right Then window vista...
  7. Windows 10X

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10X: I have a laptop with 4gb of ram and 500gb HDD. It is not foldablei.e it cannot be used as a tablet nor it has a touchscreen. I have heard that Microsoft is working on Windows 10X for single screened devices. Does it mean that my laptop will get itWindows 10X Update? Please...
  8. Windows 10X

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10X: Hi there Does anyone know where the ISO media creation file of Windows 10X is? If yes, is it from the official website of Microsoft? Please tell me...And, I would like to know the features of Windows 10X, whether it is better than Windows 10 Pro and 10 Home in education,...
  9. Windows 10x

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10x: Is there any chance now that Panos panay runs Windows that we could get live tiles on Windows 10x? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10x/2af305b5-9dcf-4e7b-99fe-9a4418c8cfe8
  10. Microsoft delays its Surface Neo with Windows 10X

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft delays its Surface Neo with Windows 10X: Way back in 2016, Lenovo launched Yoga Book with dual-screen for people who prefer to scribble on notepads and those who draw pictures to illustrate ideas. Yoga Book was able to take advantage of the stylus- and touch-friendly Windows 10 than any other device. Nearly a...