Windows 10: Microsoft’s Windows 98 was released 20 years ago today

Discus and support Microsoft’s Windows 98 was released 20 years ago today in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 98 is undoubtedly one of the most popular Windows versions to date and, Windows 98 no longer receives updates and fixes from Microsoft. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 25, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft’s Windows 98 was released 20 years ago today

Windows 98 is undoubtedly one of the most popular Windows versions to date and, Windows 98 no longer receives updates and fixes from Microsoft. The software giant released Windows 98 operating system on June 25, 1998, exactly 20 years ago from today.

Windows 95 arrived in August 1995 and introduced the Start button and taskbar, and it also introduced a new concept of “plug and play”. Windows 98 was a successor to Windows 95, and it brought Outlook Express, Internet Explorer 11, Windows Address Book, Microsoft Chat, NetShow Player and other improvements.

Windows 98 Second Edition was released in 1999, and NetShow Player was replaced by Windows Media Player 6.2.

Just like Windows 95, Microsoft’s Windows 98 was also a major upgrade, and it introduced the back and forward navigation buttons and the address bar in Windows Explorer. With Windows 98, Microsoft also improved the USB support, and it’s one of the reasons that led to widespread adoption of USB hubs and USB mice.

Back in the old days, the report said that the sales of Windows 98 upgrades have been stronger than expected and while the update didn’t change things in a fashion like Windows 95 did, the response from the customers was very positive.

It’s worth noting that the Windows 98 launch was low-key compared with the Windows 95 debut. Windows 98 was an important update for 95 as it improved the operating system, offered enhanced Internet capabilities, and more.

The post Microsoft’s Windows 98 was released 20 years ago today appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 25, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft's Windows NT 4.0 launched 20 years ago this week

Read more: Microsoft's Windows NT 4.0 launched 20 years ago this week | ZDNet

See also: Windows Server: 20th Year Anniversary

Brink, Jun 25, 2018
  3. Microsoft began 41 years ago today in Albuquerque, New Mexico

Happy Birthday ! - Microsoft began 41 years ago today in Albuquerque, New Mexico

Microsoft’s Windows 98 was released 20 years ago today [​IMG]

http://www.windowscentral.com/micros...ears-old-today

Cluster Head, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Microsoft’s Windows 98 was released 20 years ago today

Windows 98......

Windows 98 SE is Windows 9x and Windows 2000 is Windows NT. Some software may not run on Windows 2000 where it did on Windows 98 SE (ISA especially).

Windows 98 SE does have USB support but it isn't near as plug n' play as it is today. You have to make sure to install drivers (if nothing else, generic Microsoft drivers) for all USB devices. The Windows 98 SE disk comes in real handy for that.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft’s Windows 98 was released 20 years ago today

1. Microsoft’s Windows 98 was released 20 years ago today - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s was released

2. what year windows 12 was released

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what year windows 12 was released: what year is windows 11 creating new windows operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-year-windows-12-was-released/ffedc25c-b043-44fe-b872-5399604133d6
  3. I Bought National Geographic Cd's Years ago they where for windows 98 how do i play or use...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Bought National Geographic Cd's Years ago they where for windows 98 how do i play or use...: I Bought National Geographic Cd's Years ago they where for windows 98 how do I play or use then using windows 10, there old but real good shape I placed the cd in it reads but wont execute because being an older version of windows how do I fix this. to expensive to buy new...
  4. Is Microsoft releasing Windows 12 next year?

in Windows 10 News
    Is Microsoft releasing Windows 12 next year?: More and more leaks suggest that Microsoft is working on a Windows 11 successor, that it will be named Windows 12, and that it will be released in the second half of 2024. [ATTACH] Note: these leaks should be classified as rumors at this point, as Microsoft has not...
  5. Guys, I bought a laptop a year ago and it had Windows activated already , but today I got a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Guys, I bought a laptop a year ago and it had Windows activated already , but today I got a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/A_dirt_block [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m2jfs4/guys_i_bought_a_laptop_a_year_ago_and_it_had/
  6. Today's update to Windows 10 today's date 03/20/2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Today's update to Windows 10 today's date 03/20/2020: Got Windows 10 update today 3/20/20 has been on 91% for a couple of hours. How long should I wait? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/todays-update-to-windows-10-todays-date-03202020/c75e140c-8553-4013-b09a-8c8cbc5c894a
  7. Firefox 39.0.3 Released today

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 39.0.3 Released today: With Firefox 40 due pretty soon, Mozilla released Firefox 39.0.3 as did Cyberfox. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/#firefox Firefox 39.0.3 Firefox ESR 38.1.1 Description Security researcher Cody Crews reported on a way to violate the same origin...
  8. Microsoft's Windows NT 4.0 launched 20 years ago this week

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's Windows NT 4.0 launched 20 years ago this week: Sunday July 31 marks 20 years since Microsoft launched Windows NT 4.0. On July 31, 1996, Microsoft released NT 4.0 to manufacturing. It was generally available as of August 24 that year. NT 4.0 wasn't the first version of Microsoft's NT operating system; that honor...
  9. Microsoft began 41 years ago today in Albuquerque, New Mexico

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft began 41 years ago today in Albuquerque, New Mexico: Happy Birthday ! - Microsoft began 41 years ago today in Albuquerque, New Mexico [img] Microsoft officially started 41 years ago today. On April 4, 1975, co-founders Paul Allen and Bill Gates launched their business to sell the Altair BASIC interpreter that was...
  10. Microsoft's new browser, Spartan, is not in today's Windows 10 release

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's new browser, Spartan, is not in today's Windows 10 release: At Mobile World Congress, a Microsoft executive said that in the next release of Windows 10 to Insiders, Spartan would be part of the build. But with today's release of 10041, Spartan is not part of the package. We got a chance to chat with Gabe Aul, ahead of today's...