Windows 10: Microsoft's Windows 'Threshold' expected to add virtual desktops, drop charms

Discus and support Microsoft's Windows 'Threshold' expected to add virtual desktops, drop charms in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The next version of Windows, codenamed "Threshold," is going to include some fairly major user interface changes beyond the inclusion of the new Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft's Windows 'Threshold' expected to add virtual desktops, drop charms

Read more at: http://www.zdnet.com/microsofts-wind...ms-7000032401/

:)

Brink, Aug 6, 2014

2. Drag & Drop Files between virtual desktops?

Can you give an example? The icons and program icons you see on one Desktop should
    already be on the other desktops. So dragging wouldn't actually be possible since it's already there.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 6, 2014
  3. paoletti Win User
    Drag & Drop Files between virtual desktops?

Any way to drag & drop files or program icons between virtual desktops?

paoletti, Aug 6, 2014
  4. Microsoft's Windows 'Threshold' expected to add virtual desktops, drop charms

Interesting, a lot could change before we actually see it for real though. Can't say as I'll actually miss the charms bar. It's not something I use very much.

alphanumeric, Aug 6, 2014
  5. LittleJay Win User
    Personally I have always considered the Charms Bar more of a nuisance than anything and wouldn't miss it a bit. *Smile

LittleJay, Aug 6, 2014
  6. I use it every now and then, but yes it can be a nuisance. I turned that edge swipe feature off on my laptop. Now it only comes up when I actually want it.

alphanumeric, Aug 6, 2014
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .to each their own, albeit the charms bar isn't for me either. . .*Smile

8. Trust_No1 Win User

There are programs that already allow multiple desktops, and I never really seen much use in it. With Ubuntu I never used them. I guess I have enough problems organizing 1 desktop.

BUT, being a user of dual monitors I could see where virtual desktops could be extremely helpful.

If they are the removing the charms bar, I am not certain that would be a good move either. As a desktop user, that is the only part of Metro I interact with, easier for me to bring up charms bar than click in corner to switch to Metro. I don't want to see a dual Start Menu that has legacy and Metro apps in the same screen, for me it is easier to switch, from desktop to Metro, less confusing. I already have that with Start8 and never use it to bring up apps. Microsoft is so wacky.

They simply need to have a windows 7 desktop interface and their Metro, it is really that easy, everyone is happy. Seems they are trying to reinvent the wheel.

Trust_No1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft's Windows 'Threshold' expected to add virtual desktops, drop charms - Similar Threads - Microsoft's 'Threshold' expected

2. Drag & Drop Files between virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag & Drop Files between virtual desktops?: How to drag & drop files between virtual desktops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-drop-files-between-virtual-desktops/d2d27ef0-a5c8-48b6-af69-4fe9f5041266
  3. Drag & Drop Files between virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag & Drop Files between virtual desktops?: How to drag & drop files between virtual desktops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-drop-files-between-virtual-desktops/d2d27ef0-a5c8-48b6-af69-4fe9f5041266
  4. Drag & Drop Files between virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Charm window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Charm window: How can i disable charm window . I always appear when swipe the curser to left. It always disturb during work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/charm-window/6cdd2cec-37d0-4668-be3e-98ba07469063
  6. Virtual Desktop - drag n drop windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual Desktop - drag n drop windows: I just tried this, and was surprised that it worked. In Task View (Win+Tab), you can drag windows onto the other virtual desktops. I only tried this after I installed the Insider Dev Build, so I'm not sure if it works in the stable version. submitted by /u/ITs-My-Life...
  7. Add New Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add New Virtual Desktops in Windows 10: How to: Add New Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 How to Add New Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 Task View is a virtual desktop manager in Windows 10 that allows you quickly switch between all of your open apps on multiple virtual desktops. Create custom additional desktops...
  8. How do i add to the charms bar?

in Browsers and Email
    How do i add to the charms bar?: Hello everyone I am interested if it is possible to add outlook 2013 as an option to the share charm. I see that the built in mail app is there by default. I am talking about the charm located on the toolbar in Edge. Any ideas or help would be much appreciated...
  9. Unable to add a virtual desktop on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Unable to add a virtual desktop on Windows 10: Hello! I've tried to use all hotkeys, read win 10 help center and still didn't find the answer. The virtual desktop icon is missing, hotkeys doesn't work. How to: [img] As is: [img] How can I add a virtual desktop on my windows 10? Thank you in advance!...
  10. Windows Threshold: The dynamics of having no Charms bar

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Threshold: The dynamics of having no Charms bar: Microsoft is gearing up to show off a technical preview of the next version of Windows in late September and the focus very well could be on the enterprise based on the current watermark on builds of Windows Threshold. Along with new features like Cortana and virtual...