Windows 10: Microsoft’s Xbox Game Bar is crashing with error 0x803F8001

Discus and support Microsoft’s Xbox Game Bar is crashing with error 0x803F8001 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Xbox Game Bar for Windows 10 is full of useful features including a new resources monitor and it works really well. However, a recent server-side... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 6, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft’s Xbox Game Bar is crashing with error 0x803F8001

Xbox Game Bar for Windows 10 is full of useful features including a new resources monitor and it works really well. However, a recent server-side update is crashing the Game Bar with error 0x803F8001

The latest Windows 10 bug is going as far as blocking some users from accessing the Game Bar and its services. Several users have reached out to us and they reported the following error message:

Xbox Game Bar is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001.

Growing threads on Microsoft’s forum and Twitter confirm that something is wrong with Xbox Game Bar and users are reporting the problem for more than 10 hours at this point, but Microsoft has yet to acknowledge the outage.

Xbox Game Bar error 0x803F8001 is a result of a server-side change made on November 5 and it’s still affecting users across the world. The exact cause is unclear and it only affects Windows 10 version 1809 or newer. Also, only some users are getting the above error.

“I keep getting this message every time I attempt to open Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10,” one user noted in a Reddit discussion, and others have confirmed the outage as well.

Unfortunately, there’s no easy fix for those who are unable to access Xbox Game due to error code 0x803F8001.

You can uninstall the Game Bar and reinstall it from the Microsoft Store, but this will not resolve the problem. If you still want to reinstall Game Bar, open PowerShell with administrator privilege and run the following command:

• Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage

To reinstall Xbox Game Bar, head to the Microsoft Store and click on the ‘Install’ button on its product page. Again, as we mentioned, this won’t address the crashes, which appears to be a result of a server-side change.

If you’re unable to access Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10, waiting for Microsoft to acknowledge the outage seems to be the only options at the moment. Most likely, Windows 10 maker will roll out a quick fix for this issue later today given how widespread the problem seems to be.

The post Microsoft’s Xbox Game Bar is crashing with error 0x803F8001 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 6, 2020

2. Getting the error message of Xbox Game Bar Code 0x803F8001 when starting up games?

I have been starting up the games and whenever I start up Microsoft Store and launch Xbox Game Bar and start up games I get an error message saying...

"Xbox Game Bar is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001"

I have tried Repairing and Resetting the Xbox Game Bar and Microsoft Store from the settings menu but no luck and is there a reason what is causing it and would you help me to know how to fix it?

JonathanMcEvoy_830, Nov 6, 2020
  3. xbox games not working error message 0X803F8001 Have tried updating and reinstalling. nothing helps.

xbox games not working error message 0X803F8001 Have tried updating and reinstalling. nothing helps. This is happining on Microsoft Jigsaw and Majong but not on suduko or solitaire. Any suggestions?

Moved from Insider

foxypurple56, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Microsoft’s Xbox Game Bar is crashing with error 0x803F8001

Diego Rios_06, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft’s Xbox Game Bar is crashing with error 0x803F8001

1. Microsoft’s Xbox Game Bar is crashing with error 0x803F8001 - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s Xbox Game

2. Xbox game bar crashes games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar crashes games: When I play any game from anywhere on my PC, if anyone sends me a party invite or message or anything, or if I press the shortcut to open Xbox game bar windows+g it will crash any games I was playing at the time. Sometimes crashing so bad that I'm forced to hard reset my PC....
  3. Xbox game bar crashes games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar crashes games: When I play any game from anywhere on my PC, if anyone sends me a party invite or message or anything, or if I press the shortcut to open Xbox game bar windows+g it will crash any games I was playing at the time. Sometimes crashing so bad that I'm forced to hard reset my PC....
  4. Error Code: 0x803F8001 on MS Store while trying to download Xbox Game Bar

Error Code: 0x803F8001 on MS Store while trying to download Xbox Game Bar: Very recently started to encounter an issue with the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10. Whenever I opened a game through the Xbox app I have game pass for PC I would receive the following error message: Check your account Xbox Game Bar is currently not available in your...
  5. Xbox Game Bar Error Code 0x803F8001

Xbox Game Bar Error Code 0x803F8001: So I am having an issue with my Xbox Game Bar, I wanted to pull it up but i got this messaged; Xbox Game Bar is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001. I was using Game Bar the previous night, it was working just fine....
  6. Getting the error message of Xbox Game Bar Code 0x803F8001 when starting up games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting the error message of Xbox Game Bar Code 0x803F8001 when starting up games?: I have been starting up the games and whenever I start up Microsoft Store and launch Xbox Game Bar and start up games I get an error message saying... "Xbox Game Bar is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here's...
  7. Installing games: error 0x803F8001

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installing games: error 0x803F8001: I tried to install Sea of Thieves and this error code popped up: 0x803F8001. What's going on here? Everytime I try and play anything from this store, it gives me errors and doesn't let me do s***. Doesn't really explain anything either when these errors pop up Btw I have the...
  8. Error 0x803F8001 in Microsoft Ultimate Word Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x803F8001 in Microsoft Ultimate Word Games: MUWG crashed while it was loading - attempt to write to an unavailable address - and then it retried and came up with error 0x803F8001. After repeating startup many times and getting the same results, I rebooted, uninstalled MUWG, rebooted, and then tried to reinstall MUWG,...
  9. Error game 0x803F8001

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error game 0x803F8001: I am having problem with is error 0x803F8001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-game-0x803f8001/ab7fb9bb-9c67-415a-8f72-759bcdcc2830
  10. 0x803F8001 error on Xbox games on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x803F8001 error on Xbox games on Windows 10: I cannot play several Xbox Games due to this error. They were purchased with a Windows 8.1 computer and have worked for a long time on 2 Windows 10 computers. There is something wrong with my Microsoft/Xbox account. I cannot play the same games on 2 different Windows 10...
Tags: