Windows 10: Microsoft’s Your Phone app updated for Insiders with improvements

Discus and support Microsoft’s Your Phone app updated for Insiders with improvements in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is rolling out a new update to its Your Phone app on Windows 10 with some much-needed improvements. The update is being pushed out to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 13, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft’s Your Phone app updated for Insiders with improvements

Microsoft is rolling out a new update to its Your Phone app on Windows 10 with some much-needed improvements. The update is being pushed out to Windows Insiders and it should be released to everyone later this month.

First and foremost, today’s update for Your Phone app introduces UI improvements. You will notice that the app will now display the unread SMS messages with a notification badge and bold font. This update will be rolled out gradually to all Insiders.

Microsoft says that the bolded font treatment and badging for unread SMS messages will show up for 50% of Windows Insiders.

Microsoft’s Your Phone app updated for Insiders with improvements Your-Phone-unread-messages.jpg

In addition to UI improvements, Your Phone app now comes with improved first run experience and Microsoft has also added hyperlink support to messages. If you receive an SMS message which contains a link, you will be able to open the webpage in a web browser without manually copying/pasting the link.

Microsoft’s Your Phone app updated for Insiders with improvements Your-Phone-messages-hyperlink.jpg

“Today we started a 50% flight of a new and easier First Run Experience, as well as hyperlink support within Messages. Many more features you’ve asking for will be flighting in the coming weeks,” Microsoft explains.

Your Phone app debuted with Windows 10 October 2018 Update and it basically allows users with Android or iPhone to sync their smartphone to PCs. If you own an Android phone, you can use Your Phone app on your PC to access the photos and messages stored in the handset.

To get started, you need to download Your Phone app on both devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

The post Microsoft’s Your Phone app updated for Insiders with improvements appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

New Phone Insider app for Windows 10 preview for Phones?

Unfortunately, at the moment, there's no way to sign into the app, which would suggest that it's not ready for the public to fully check out.

Microsoft already has a Preview for Developers app for Windows Phone 8.1 that allows users to download new builds of the OS before they are made available to wireless carriers. This new app would seem, at first glance, to be something different. However, we stress that Microsoft has yet to officially state they are launching a preview version of Windows 10 for smartphones. So take this speculation (and everyone else's) with a grain of salt.

Read more: New Microsoft Phone Insider app may be a prelude to a Windows 10 preview for phones

Brink, Feb 13, 2019
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft’s Your Phone app updated for Insiders with improvements - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s Phone app

2. Your Phone App on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone App on Microsoft Store: So I run a routine check on all of my computers each day and that consists of checking for updates everyday as well as app updates on the Microsoft Store. The issue pertains to the Your Phone App on the Microsoft Store. When I check for app updates, the said app always...
  3. How to update Your Phone app?

How to update Your Phone app?: I have Your Phone installed and have had problems updating messages. It doesn't refresh automatically on start, and when I hit refresh it sits there indefinitely trying to do so. If I shut it down and restart this usually fixes the problem, but I shouldn't have to do that....
  4. Cant update Your phone app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant update Your phone app: I heard that there was a new update to the Your Phone app that allows you to use your android apps on pc and I was wondering why I can't find this update on the windows store. Does anybody know how to update this app? Here's an article about the update:...
  5. Windows 10 Your Phone app is getting these new improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Your Phone app is getting these new improvements: Windows 10 Your Phone is a Microsoft app that synchronizes your desktop and Android or iOS device, and it requires the Your Phone Companion app on mobile to establish the connection. Microsoft has been slowly adding new features to Windows 10 Your Phone app, and it’s...
  6. Your Phone App asking for update

Your Phone App asking for update: I had recently updated my windows to version 2004 and the Your phone app was automatically added when i tried to use the app it is asking for update ,when i click on the update button i was switched to the Microsoft store ,but at there was no update button only Launch button...
  7. Your Phone app will not update

Your Phone app will not update: I've recently just took my first Windows 10 product out of the box, an HP i7 touchscreen laptop. I'm already having problems with it. The issue now is getting the Your Phone app to work. I've looked over the web for information and there seems to be a lot of problems with it,...
  8. Microsoft tests messaging improvements for Windows 10 Your Phone app

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft tests messaging improvements for Windows 10 Your Phone app: Windows 10’s Your Phone app bridges the gap between your desktop and smartphone by allowing users to quickly send and receive texts right from your PC without using Android phone. Microsoft hopes that Your Phone will evolve into something even bigger, and the most recent...
  9. Your Phone on Insider Preview

Your Phone on Insider Preview: I'm in the insider preview program and my "your phone companion" app was displaying my notifications and had the option to mirror my screen. They said "In Preview" next to them. I reset the app because it wasn't recognizing another phone I was trying to add. When I did that...
  10. Your Phone app is now available to download on the Microsoft Store for Windows Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Your Phone app is now available to download on the Microsoft Store for Windows Insiders: Microsoft unapologetically failed in their efforts to provide a mobile Windows experience. Windows 10 Mobile is not even a third mobile operating system. It is long gone and people have switched to iOS and Android. But Microsoft already brought its applications to both...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your phone app and ios