Windows 10: Microsoftstore, Huge Games, and no way to delete them

Discus and support Microsoftstore, Huge Games, and no way to delete them in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Greetings everyone, I come to you today because of a Problem I encountered. I had the Gamepass Ultimate for a while now, and how we all now the Games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Albert_Leary, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Microsoftstore, Huge Games, and no way to delete them

Greetings everyone, I come to you today because of a Problem I encountered.

I had the Gamepass Ultimate for a while now, and how we all now the Games you install through the store are saved in C:/WindowsApps. And you can only uninstall them through your System or the Store itself... but what if the Store "forgot" That I had Halo and the Microsofot Flight Simulator installed on my Second Harddrive.

So now I have 250 gig of used space, that I simply can´t clean up.
    Manually deleting? Nope: No permission.
    Reinstalling? Nope: I don´t have the gamepass anymore

Pointing the Microsoft Store to that location?

I changed the install directory of the Store to E:/WindowsApps, but that does not help me, because the store still can´t see the installed games.

I get why it needs to be "Secured" because of piracy, but when I even can´t just delete it, it is really annoying seeing 250 Gig just used up.

Does anyone has an idea how I could delete those files?

submitted by /u/Albert_Leary
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Albert_Leary, Apr 10, 2021

2. Games on MicrosoftStore

Hi,

this is an inquiry of purely theoretical nature on my part but what are the requirements to put a game on MicrosoftStore? Say, a game is compatible with Windows10 and also there is an Android version of the game. What then?

Thanks

GinningSquid712, Apr 10, 2021
  3. delete demo games

If you don't want to see them everyday, you can remove their shortcuts from the games folder.

To do this, follow these steps:

• open file explorer
    • go to windows folder
    • go to start menu
    • go to programs>games
    • delete the game's shortcut from there by tapping-n-holding on the shortcut

TarandeepKaur, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Gino Des Win User

Microsoftstore, Huge Games, and no way to delete them

Cant delete game from games menu

Hi Ansgar,

Let's get this issue sorted. To better assist you in removing a game from the games menu, we would like to know more information about the problem that you are experiencing.

• Do you only experience this issue with this particular game?
    • Did you download this game from Windows Store?
    • Have you tried uninstalling the game on your computer?
    • What other steps have you performed in trying to delete this game?

In the meantime, we suggest that you
    create a new user account
    on your computer and then try to delete the game while on the new account. This will help us identify if the issue is caused by a configuration error related to your current user account.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Microsoftstore, Huge Games, and no way to delete them

1. Microsoftstore, Huge Games, and no way to delete them - Similar Threads - Microsoftstore Huge Games

2. Is there a way to delete programs and files on one computer without deleting them on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to delete programs and files on one computer without deleting them on...: When I transferred my MS account to a new computer, files and programs from two other computers were downloaded. I expected that, but some of the files from one of those computers I do not want on my new one. I deleted a program that I don't want on my new computer, but it...
  3. Is there a way to delete programs and files on one computer without deleting them on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to delete programs and files on one computer without deleting them on...: When I transferred my MS account to a new computer, files and programs from two other computers were downloaded. I expected that, but some of the files from one of those computers I do not want on my new one. I deleted a program that I don't want on my new computer, but it...
  4. My Microsoftstore is old

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoftstore is old: I am using window 8.1 and my MS isnt keep up with timeMy MS has old apps and when I look at the comment section of some apps, it was bettwen 2013 and 2018.I tried to dowload some of the apps but it always say: "this Item is no longer available" And I cant even find roblox in...
  5. My Microsoftstore is old

My Microsoftstore is old: I am using window 8.1 and my MS isnt keep up with timeMy MS has old apps and when I look at the comment section of some apps, it was bettwen 2013 and 2018.I tried to dowload some of the apps but it always say: "this Item is no longer available" And I cant even find roblox in...
  6. Can't delete huge file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete huge file: I have a game file that is 118gb that I need to delete, however when I try to uninstall it the error "Windows cannot find 'filename'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." comes up. I've tried looking in file explorer for the file but it doesnt show up...
  7. Can't delete huge file

Can't delete huge file: I have a game file that is 118gb that I need to delete, however when I try to uninstall it the error "Windows cannot find 'filename'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." comes up. I've tried looking in file explorer for the file but it doesnt show up...
  8. List of networked printers is huge. Any way to search through them?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    List of networked printers is huge. Any way to search through them?: I am connected to a greater VPN and when adding a printer on my LOCAL LAN, I am getting a list of all the printers available on the VPN and my LAN. This list contains hundreds of printers. Is there a way to narrow the results in the search results so I can find one printer in...
  9. program or game huge size.

in Windows 10 Customization
    program or game huge size.: I just want to say can programs or game can get smaller in size smilar to android the coding of game is very big this is because windows is not created for apps. or remake the windows again....
  10. Clash of Clans im Microsoftstore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clash of Clans im Microsoftstore?: How do I find Clash of Chlans in the Microsoft store? Is that even possible? If not, can anyone explain how I can play Clash of Clans on my PC with Windows 10? Clash of Clans im Microsoftstore?