Windows 10: Microstuttering and sound popping

Discus and support Microstuttering and sound popping in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since installing the latest feature update for Win 10, I've had an issue with frequent microstuttering. The fps drop is basically imperceptible, I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GhostShip666, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Microstuttering and sound popping

Since installing the latest feature update for Win 10, I've had an issue with frequent microstuttering. The fps drop is basically imperceptible, I need to be running an FPS counter to notice it. But the sound issue is egregious. I'm used to some microstuttering running games on laptops, depending on the game. Usually it'll occur when loading a new asset. But here, it's not just games and it impacts the sound. It can happen minutes or seconds apart, feels quite random. It does not seem to be bound to anything going on that I can see on the task manager - it can happen with very low disc, memory and CPU usage. And it can happen when I'm just watching video on VLC. So I have no idea what to do about it, any suggestions?

Nvidia GeForce 940M
    Intel i3 4000M
    Windows 10
    8GB RAM

:)

GhostShip666, Jun 23, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Microstuttering and sound popping :p

cadaveca, Jun 24, 2018
  3. poganyg Win User
    Windows 10 popping sound in speakers

Hi,

I have the exact same issue and I went through all the steps suggested above but none of them helped. I get the popping sound when any kind of audio is on. Even when external speakers or headphones are plugged in.

Do you have any other suggestions what to do?

Thanks

poganyg, Jun 24, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Microstuttering and sound popping

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

Microstuttering and sound popping

1. Microstuttering and sound popping - Similar Threads - Microstuttering sound popping

2. popping sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    popping sound: my computer gives a popping sound, and often a crackling sound [generally instead of music] on start up... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popping-sound/86aa61a9-903c-4098-bc3b-978f60ecf7da
  3. popping sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    popping sound: my computer gives a popping sound, and often a crackling sound [generally instead of music] on start up... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popping-sound/86aa61a9-903c-4098-bc3b-978f60ecf7da
  4. microstutter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microstutter: i have a micro stuttering issue on PC lenovo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microstutter/6f418e1d-7e07-4fc8-b776-023e8e881430
  5. microstutter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microstutter: i have a micro stuttering issue on PC lenovo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microstutter/6f418e1d-7e07-4fc8-b776-023e8e881430
  6. microstutter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. extreme microstuttering issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extreme microstuttering issue: so i've had this extreme micro stuttering issue for about 2 years on my computer and i've searched the entire internet to try find a fix but nothing.what i mean by micro stuttering is that everytime i do anything the computer acts like it's in slow motion and stutters alot...
  8. sound popping

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound popping: Hello, i recently upgraded from a Windows XP operating system to a Dell Optiplex 3040 with Windows 10 Pro. I re-used my old Cambridge Soundworks speakers and bass. I also upgraded to a Dell U3415W monitor a little later. After installing the new monitor, i get audio...
  9. Continued Microstutters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continued Microstutters: I've included my Latency Monitor report. Please help me as this has reduced this computer's effectiveness by half for my uses and it was not like this a few months ago. I've raised it back from BSOD with USB boot device and then redone Windows 10 with refresh or whatever....
  10. MicroStutter

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MicroStutter: Hello, I have just upgraded my computer and I have found that sometimes (not often) I get microstutters. The way to explain what happens is that when playing a high end game the computer seems to fade out and slow down, the sound goes what I can only explain as sounding...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microstutter and popping

2. sound pop and microstutter