Windows 10: Microwave causes unknown USB to disconnect? wth?

Discus and support Microwave causes unknown USB to disconnect? wth? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This seems like a strange one?! But totally true *Wink Recently, my microwave oven (probably on same electrical circuit as PC) causes an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoBob, Aug 13, 2020.

1. JoBob Win User

Microwave causes unknown USB to disconnect? wth?

This seems like a strange one?! But totally true *Wink

Recently, my microwave oven (probably on same electrical circuit as PC) causes an unknown/unidentified USB to disconnect. I hear the USB disconnect sound. There is never a reconnect. I don't have bluetooth turned on. I only have a USB mouse and keyboard connected. I don't use wifi, only a wired modem connection.

Usually it happens when I shut the door of the microwave after using the microwave oven. Not every time, and I can't replicate it at will. Often I will use the microwave and no USB disconnect happens. This started a few months ago. Didn't ever happen in first 2 years I have owned this computer.

But today, I heard 2 USB disconnects, one when running the microwave, and the 2nd when shutting the door. The PC is about 12 feet away from the microwave oven. I know it's the USB because I changed it to a unique sound.

I have looked at logs, it never seems to show what USB exactly got disconnected. My keyboard and mouse (the only USB devices I have) still work fine. And they don't show being disconnected.

Anyone heard of this? Got any ideas?

Thanks,

Windows 10 Version 1903 (18362.1016)

:)

JoBob, Aug 13, 2020

2. usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

USB devices keeps disconnecting/ reconnecting automatically

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Dice Vil Win User
    unknown device USB

Hi Ali,

In most cases, this issue can be caused by either an unstable/ corrupt USB controller or your computer's drivers need to be updated.

For us to isolate the possibilities, we suggest that you perform the following troubleshooting steps in succeeding order:

• Connect your USB drive to a different port. Alternatively, try to connect it to a different PC.
    • Connect a different USB drive to your PC.
    • Unplug your USB drive and restart your system. Afterwards, plug it in and see if it works. If the same issue occurs, perform a complete shutdown and wait for a few minutes before turning it on again.
    • Update your drivers.

If you find that the USB drive still doesn't work even after performing all these suggestions, this is most likely pointing to a hardware issue. Thus, it would be best to get in touch with your device manufacturer for a thorough check of the device.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to post back and let us know.

Dice Vil, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Geosammy Win User

Unknown (nonexistent) USB Issues

Would anyone know what might be causing "unknown" and non present devices? The devices continually reinstall themselves, even after being uninstalled?
    Below is a small snapshot of the Device Manager.

Microwave causes unknown USB to disconnect? wth? [​IMG]

I only have a keyboard, mouse and external drive in use.
    nothing more is connected via USB.
    Yet those three unknown devices keep showing up?

Any questions or suggestions, about this would be great.

Geosammy, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Microwave causes unknown USB to disconnect? wth? - Similar Threads - Microwave causes unknown

2. Wth is this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wth is this?: RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repairedThe operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors.File: \windows\system32\config\systemError code: 0xc000014cYou'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation...
  3. Wth is this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wth is this?: RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repairedThe operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors.File: \windows\system32\config\systemError code: 0xc000014cYou'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation...
  4. Unknown USB Device Disconnecting and Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown USB Device Disconnecting and Reconnecting: I recently updated my windows 10 machine with a Feature Update version 20H2. Since Installing this update, there is now an "Unknown USB Device Link in Compliance Mode" that shows in my Device Manager under the USB Controllers. It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and the...
  5. Unknown USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting: Title says it all. There is an unknown USB device that just keeps connecting and disconnecting. It is visible in my device manager. The computer works just fine and I have managed to turn the sound off. I'm just a little concerned that this could cause an issue down the line...
  6. Unknown cause of crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown cause of crashes: My computer seems to be crashing at random moments, whether I am running a program or not. I've recently reinstalled Windows 10 and removed all other content from my computer and found no fix to this problem. With each crash I get various blue screens, the most common one...
  7. BSOD - Unknown Cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Unknown Cause: I have been running into issues with my PC for the past couple of days and the BSOD. I have tried my best to troubleshoot and even re-imaged my system from scratch and the issue is still occurring. Prior to the re image the issue would happen while I was using the PC but...
  8. Bluetooth causing USB-headset to disconnect

Bluetooth causing USB-headset to disconnect: Hi! Whenever I have Bluetooth on and use my Logitech G35 headset, the headset disconnects then comes back, oscillating back and forth in a 5 second window. 2 seconds from headset, 3 seconds from built in speakers (laptop). In settings under "Bluetooth & other devices" I get...
  9. USB issues causing disconnection/reconnection issues with Mobiles

USB issues causing disconnection/reconnection issues with Mobiles: Hey all, It's my first post here, so I'll try to be as helpful in my explanations as possible. Basically I'm running Windows 10 64-bit (free download version) and am trying to use my HTC ONE (m7) with Trinus VR. For the least latency I'm trying to use it through USB...
  10. Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device.

Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device.: Hi all, I have a clean install windows 10 home with the specs listed in my profile. Im getting continuous disconnect USB sounds, often multiple times in a row, and the occasional reconnect sound. Ive used a program call USBDeview, and can confidently say it is the top...