Windows 10: micrsoft windows store, wont let me download games to the correct drive

Discus and support micrsoft windows store, wont let me download games to the correct drive in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So, im trying to download a game from the Microsoft store, and when it asks me which drive you'd like to download this to, it wont pop up my D drive... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by john_435, May 27, 2020.

1. john_435 Win User

micrsoft windows store, wont let me download games to the correct drive

So, im trying to download a game from the Microsoft store, and when it asks me which drive you'd like to download this to, it wont pop up my D drive only my smaller F drive they doesn't have enough space on it, so i went into my storage settings and even the storage settings in the xbox Beta app and everything is default set to download to the D drive, but for some reason when trying to go to the Microsoft store it wont let me choose it as a location.

:)

john_435, May 27, 2020

2. microsoft Solitaire games Wont load and can't download any new games from Store

Hi Mosey,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing problem with Microsoft Store Apps and games.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Do you receive any error message or code when you try to play the games or download games from Windows Store?
    • What happen when you try to play the Microsoft Solitaire collection games?
    • Do you face issue only while downloading games or even other apps from Windows Store?

Note: Basic information on Apps

• UAC (User Account Control) must be enabled.
    • To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least
      1024 x 768.
    • To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least
      1366 x 768.
    • Make sure video card driver is updated.
    • Make sure that Date and Time in your device is correct and up-to date.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.
    Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Let us know if the above methods helps to fix the Store issue. If the issue persists or you have any other issues with Windows, please do post it in Microsoft Community. We would be happy to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Apps from the store wont download

Hi Sumon,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you face this issue only with these apps?
    • Did you try downloading other apps?
    • Did you try stopping these apps and then downloading it again?
    We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.
    • Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, May 27, 2020
  4. silverz Win User

Windows store not resuming game downloads.

Yet more problems gaming with the windows store.....
    Does anyone know whats going on now? I can begin a game download of possibly several hundred gigabytes but if i pause the download and restart the system the download vanishes from the downloading list of the windows store.

I then have to manually search the store for the game in question and choose to download it again, at which point if I get lucky i'll remember which hard drive it was installing to and can resume otherwise the whole thing begins to download again from the start.

I now have 10 or so games halfway downloaded on the system all taking up space on the hard drive yet because I can't remember which games these were I can neither resume the download or remove the partially downloaded files. I also have several games that I tried to resume but couldn't remember which hard drive the partial download was on so these games are now installed fully on 1 drive and also have hundreds of gigabytes of the same game halfway downloaded on other drives.

(win 10 pro, all up to date)

silverz, May 27, 2020
Thema:

1. micrsoft windows store, wont let me download games to the correct drive - Similar Threads - micrsoft store wont

2. Microsoft store wont let me download an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store wont let me download an app: Hello,I am trying to download the amazon app store from the microsoft store but it wont let me because somehow i believe it is not detecting my cpu, my pc is meeting all the requirements but not the CPU one.GPU 3050TI RTXProcesseur AMD Ryzen 5 5600H with Radeon Graphics 3.30...
  3. Microsoft store wont let me download an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store wont let me download an app: Hello,I am trying to download the amazon app store from the microsoft store but it wont let me because somehow i believe it is not detecting my cpu, my pc is meeting all the requirements but not the CPU one.GPU 3050TI RTXProcesseur AMD Ryzen 5 5600H with Radeon Graphics 3.30...
  4. microsoft store not letting me download games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft store not letting me download games: it doesn't even do anything i need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-not-letting-me-download-games/38e314e2-c6fe-4003-b153-eb46fb7158d5
  5. Store wont let me switch drives to download games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store wont let me switch drives to download games.: after finding a solution online switching D drive as location for all apps to download all games work except for one. Nier Automata. This is one of the only games i want to play on game pass and yet i cant download it because it wont let me switch to my other hardrive....
  6. microsoft store wont let me install game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store wont let me install game: I just bought minecraft for windows 10 and i cant instal i click it and nothing happens. ive troubleshoot the store and ive reset the store too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-wont-let-me-install-game/d909b74d-5824-496b-923d-25651316e9fe
  7. Microsoft store not letting me download game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not letting me download game: Hi I bought Minecraft Windows 10 as I already have java edition but was looking to play cross-platform with friends on this Microsoft account. When I open Settings > Accounts, it says my Microsoft account is added to this device it's not the administrator, but it says it's...
  8. Microsoft store wont let me download origin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store wont let me download origin: what do I do if I get a warning that says the app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app? origin sound be compatible to all , windows, not just Mac and Microsoft should allow gamers to have this app. what can I do to solve this?...
  9. Microsoft Store wont let me download apps to a different drive

Microsoft Store wont let me download apps to a different drive: I'm trying to download Forza Horizon 4 on my second drive but it gives me an error message. I already switched to where new apps go, cleared the cache but it still doesn't work....
  10. Microsoft Store wont let me download

Microsoft Store wont let me download: Hi, I have a active membership to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and was able to download and play MS store apps/games mainly Gears 5. Since installing Windows on my new PC the store does not allow me to download Gears 5 anymore. When I cursor over the install button I get a round...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to download games from windows store to external hard drive but cant